Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My experience at Downtown LA Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:06 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I'm assuming you purchased the car for $128k so what was the original MSRP? Just curious how much of a discount you got for a USED CTT. For what it's worth I got a survey awhile back concerning a Honda I bought and left the nastiest feedback I have ever left for any business and sure enough I got a call a few days later from their GM.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:00 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
The original MSRP was over 122k, then I added 4k wheels and 2700 for dvd players to a final price of 128k. The discount was a little over 7%. I called 8 dealers in S.CA and they either did not have the inventory, or not willing to discount more then 2%. Even my favorite dealership Hoehn Porsche only has 1 CTT and it has no options and not the right color. The only ones on their way also have no good options.
The car was sold to me as new, but with the miles they had put on. I dont know the rules on whether they can call it new or used, but I assume that since it was never registered to anyone that it is considered new. Again not really sure what defines new or used.
I am not intending on bashing them in the survey, but I will be honest with my experience. I understand that mistakes happen, and I am reasonable about that. What I do expect however, is that they take ownership for their mistakes and try to make them right. Still waiting for their reply, it has been 3 days.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i have purchased two porsche from downtown la and referred many. we all had great experiences there and will return for sure. sorry to hear your unusual experience.

someone mentioned that MBZ get you out fast after a purchase... that's because they don't want you to know how fast that car has depreciated since your signed!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
SOUNDS LIKE A NIGHTMARE CUSTOMER TO ME-

So what you had to wait another 15 minutes while they topped off the oil-

paperwork ready? why? you just talked to them on the phone, alot of people "Talk" and dont come through.. you had to wait for them to print the paperwork like everyone..oh noooo..

wax@ a dealership..lol, thats not their specialty and anyone knows dealership detailing is actually better if avoided..

So you got a good deal you wanted and you say this in the thread..then you go and TARNISH their name all over the net...definitely a nightmare unappreciative customer..just my honest opinion!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:32 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
^ Where do you read he is attempting to TARNISH the store? He is a nightmare customer?

He clearly stated he is not going to intentionally throw them under the bus on the survey but is going to be honest with his reply. That is the purpose of this docuement.

What good are forums like 6speed if we can't read honest opinions for our knowledge?

I have viewed many cars at DLA Porsche and would not delete them as a possible source for purchase having read his post. With that said, I appreciate his post because it gives me and others a heads up for issues which may arise.

I am also one of those that requests all paper work being in order and ready to sign. It is important to some people that little things are noticed and corrected before "the final sale" too. If a salesperson has a good customer service head on his or hers shoulder these things should be second nature. A vehicle with requested and agreed upon items in proper order. It is not that difficult a request is it?

Last edited by PRS 7; 12-17-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BSB911TT
Thanks for the info. I will avoid this dealership. The Porsche service center that is off of Santa Monica on the West Side is OK. Not great but not horrible. Used them a few times.
That is Beverly Hills Porsche's service center is it not?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:58 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trovan
i have purchased two porsche from downtown la and referred many. we all had great experiences there and will return for sure. sorry to hear your unusual experience.

someone mentioned that MBZ get you out fast after a purchase... that's because they don't want you to know how fast that car has depreciated since your signed!
Thanks, I assumed that it was not a norm!
Have heard people complain about business that I thougt were great.
As a person who owns businesses I know we can screw up(human error), but I will make sure that I do everything to make it right with that customer.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
My experience was second to none on our Cayenne and I loved it so much I ended up in a Targa4S as well

Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
It is yes.

Originally Posted by Carbon
That is Beverly Hills Porsche's service center is it not?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PRS 7
^ Where do you read he is attempting to TARNISH the store? He is a nightmare customer?

He clearly stated he is not going to intentionally throw them under the bus on the survey but is going to be honest with his reply. That is the purpose of this docuement.

What good are forums like 6speed if we can't read honest opinions for our knowledge?

I have viewed many cars at DLA Porsche and would not delete them as a possible source for purchase having read his post. With that said, I appreciate his post because it gives me and others a heads up for issues which may arise.

I am also one of those that requests all paper work being in order and ready to sign. It is important to some people that little things are noticed and corrected before "the final sale" too. If a salesperson has a good customer service head on his or hers shoulder these things should be second nature. A vehicle with requested and agreed upon items in proper order. It is not that difficult a request is it?
+1, Without it even being requested, my dealership/salesman had all my paperwork ready to go, so we can go over the vehicle's features and inspection, and not waste time doing paperwork

Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Thats sounds ridiculous. I would have been furious. Not the oil top offs, paperwork but scratches and coffee stains in a $120K+ vehicle. Thats sloppy.

Glad you are enjoying it though.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Rodsky
Thats sounds ridiculous. I would have been furious. Not the oil top offs, paperwork but scratches and coffee stains in a $120K+ vehicle. Thats sloppy.

Glad you are enjoying it though.
Those are the most important issues. I will have to have the car in a body-shop for 1 to 2 weeks while it is having the bumpers repaired. This really should have been noticed and repaired by the dealership before I arrived. And the electronic updates that were required by service should of been done, as I had to take it on my own time and had already requested him to do so. The rest of the issues are more of a disappointment instead of a huge inconvenience.
My wife and I love it! The burmester is amazing! The wife keeps listening to FM on this great system, what a shame. I tell her listen to XM,IPOD or CD and she just shrugs and says 'its my station'.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:14 PM
They made it right!

The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction! The salesmanager called me personally today and first took responsibility for all the mistakes and mentioned the salesman was actually put on suspension for all the errors. He offered to service my car for free and to have the bodywork done at the same time while they give me another porsche to drive. Even though I live in San Diego and they are in LA, He offered to pick up my car personally but I will probably take it up myself.
Overall they are taking responsibility and trying to do their best to make it right. This is all I expected considering mistakes do happen.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
GREAT to hear! This is what a reputable dealership should do.
Glad to hear it is getting resolved, and to your satisfaction.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM
lenelsa is infamous around these parts
Great news !

They read these forums to you know .........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My experience at Downtown LA Porsche