Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Stole the Wifes Cayenne, Going Under the Knife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Not sure how much heat the 6 throws but this looks ripe for moving the mass air flow sensor towards the passenger side and using a nice cone filter where the MAF is now.
Dont forget the engine covers pop off and a thick long air box is there too.....so thats why I think it could just pop on similarly......once airbox is out...should be same setup as v8.

The heat shield is a definite plus...

Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Porsche should just add that as an option :

[ X ] Smoker package delete
[ X ] Muted trim
[ X ] Airbox delete

BTW I swear my old airboxes were close to 20lbs complete. HAPPY to see them go!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I will sell you 1 side. If it fits, you keep it. If not, you return it for a FULL REFUND including shipping?

Originally Posted by cordsig79
I swear Vivid can just sell the first piece as a replacement on the V6 too.....can you get someone nearby to dump a 3.2 and 3.6 on yourdoorstep to look and do a quick assessment.

I would love a more masculine sounding intake......you can hear a deep sucking sound when it activates already with the choking factory airbox in place.

heres some quick shots.......check out the Twin turbo V6 Touareg

Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vividracing
I will sell you 1 side. If it fits, you keep it. If not, you return it for a FULL REFUND including shipping?
pm'd

Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Replied!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Hi. I'm interested in the LED DRLs. I recall you mentioned something about them being around $100. I see the same ones on sale on ebay for ?$85. What is your current price. I would love to give your business my business if the pricing is the same or at least close. And what would shipping be?

Thanks,
Mama

So got the LEDs all handled. They are set to switch power. So they are true DRL's, but BRIGHT AS HELL! I had them stay on even at night as they look cool. The LEDs have a bracket which allows you to angle them up and down, so you dont blind people.

Now my question is, would anyone with a Cayenne be interested in getting these?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
You would be better to buy them off ebay. I dont have any right now.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
You would be better to buy them off ebay. I dont have any right now.

Ok, thanks. They look nice, by the way. I know some didn't like that they were shorter than some LEDs but I think it looks good IMO.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you

Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Thank you
You bet. Do you mind if I pick your brain about the electrical install portion? I just want to make sure I do it right and not short something. Would you mind explaining what exactly you did when you ran the wires? Any help would be awesome.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
I personally did not do the install, one of my techs did. But besides the included connections, they then ran the ground, power, and switch power using a multimeter and find out which one in the fuse box was good.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM
I personally did not do the install, one of my techs did. But besides the included connections, they then ran the ground, power, and switch power using a multimeter and find out which one in the fuse box was good.

Ok, thanks.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Tried finding this in the classifieds but couldn't. Interested in a price for the red. Looks great.

Thanks,
Mama

Sorry, man. Just found it on your site!

Here is our wrinkled red version of the intake

Last edited by Mama'sCayenne; 02-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor
Price is here. I can give you free shipping. Red is good to go - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...-p-116823.html

Old 02-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Sounds good. I'll keep it in mind and hit up my husband for an anniversary gift.

Price is here. I can give you free shipping. Red is good to go - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...-p-116823.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stole the Wifes Cayenne, Going Under the Knife