Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
jersey jay is infamous around these parts
Just signed up! Was looking on the net re: campaign for the ignition coils and came across this. Had my 05 Cayanne S with 39K on the clock out over the weekend and it loaded up. Tried to drive through it and the CEL came on. Went home and pulled the codes, P0300 & P0303, cleared the CEL with my scan tool. I used to own a shop! Called the dealer and asked if I had a CEL. Told him no as I cleared it. He said it might be an issue getting it covered under warranty, we'll see about that on Friday.

Still running with my plastic coolant lines, I'll make mention about them as well.

BTW I moderate on the largest Vette board on the net. Great site you have here.

I'm sorry to read that Porsche doesn't want to take care of existing clients.

I do my own work on all my cars as I don't like stealer ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I did register for the class action suit. Only notice I ever got from Porsche was on the rear seat belt recall.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
As the handler of the list, thanks for throwing your name in.
As a fellow joisy boy, Welcome! fist pumps all around.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Pepper is infamous around these parts
I'm in, Florida Cayenne S, 2004 has'nt cracked yet but my coils have. I replaced the coils myself, will I get reimbursed (I saved the cracked ones)?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Pep - Sign up for rennslist.com and go to the cayenne section. You will find a sticky post right up top called " Coils TSB " and one called " Lots of coils info". You will find everything you need there.

....and yes, PCNA is reimbursing for coils according to members who have been paid.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jersey jay
BTW I did register for the class action suit. Only notice I ever got from Porsche was on the rear seat belt recall.
What & when Rear Seat Belt recall notice? Please. My cargo is precious!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
mikeahearn is infamous around these parts
04 Cayenne S with 98,000 miles

My 2004 Cayenne S just started leaking coolant. Was quoted $1,500 to repair it today. Luckily, I got an extended warranty due to knowing about this issue. I'll sign up for the Class Action tomorrow. I'm in Atlanta, GA, so check Georgia off your list. I can't believe Porsche will not address this issue. I also own a 2005 Boxster and love both.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by mikeahearn
My 2004 Cayenne S just started leaking coolant. Was quoted $1,500 to repair it today. Luckily, I got an extended warranty due to knowing about this issue. I'll sign up for the Class Action tomorrow. I'm in Atlanta, GA, so check Georgia off your list. I can't believe Porsche will not address this issue. I also own a 2005 Boxster and love both.
They will be forced !!!!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
TenaciousT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikeahearn
What's your mileage? Did your aftermarket warranty cover that??

Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
heinekenlover10 is infamous around these parts
How and where do I sign up

How and where do I sign up. I am in Boston with a MI registered 2006 Cayenne Turbo S and I am about to replace the pipes as my extremely slow leak has started growing.

Thanks, Kyle

Old 02-23-2011, 01:21 PM
I filled the smart sheet hopefully that is correct

Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Question

So with my limited knowledge of how class actions work I have a question. I am going to be getting the pipes replaced next week at the dealer. However, I am actually in the process of selling the car. Assuming the things continue to go well with the suit am I going to be able to recoup my costs after selling the car? Thanks all in advance dont know how stupid of a question this is.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by heinekenlover10
So with my limited knowledge of how class actions work I have a question. I am going to be getting the pipes replaced next week at the dealer. However, I am actually in the process of selling the car. Assuming the things continue to go well with the suit am I going to be able to recoup my costs after selling the car? Thanks all in advance don't know how stupid of a question this is.

Everyone who pays is in a possible position of getting "something" back if the legal action is successful. None of the lawyers are working pro bono so any "win" will take a legal fee hit.

The BEST case is that PCNA issues a recall and all those who have not have them done yet, would get the upgraded pipes installed at NC.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I was contacted by;

Michael Hewitt Jr.
Case Assistant
COTCHETT, PITRE & McCARTHY, LLP
San Francisco Airport Office Center
840 Malcolm Road, Suite 200 | Burlingame, CA 94010
Tel: (650) 697-6000 | Fax: (650) 692-3606
mhewitt@cpmlegal.com

Talked to him on the phone, he said their law firm is trying to work with a firm in WA state to get the ball rolling.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Everyone who pays is in a possible position of getting "something" back if the legal action is successful. None of the lawyers are working pro bono so any "win" will take a legal fee hit.

The BEST case is that PCNA issues a recall and all those who have not have them done yet, would get the upgraded pipes installed at NC.
Thank you for clarifying. Sadly I can not wait for PCNA as I need the pipes fixed to sell the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit