Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
this is so well known fact, the potential Porsche Cayenne buyers won't even pee on pigs w/o aluminum coolant pipes, hahahaha,,, it's sorta embarrassing if you ask me.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
EMart is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pcst
I was contacted by;

Michael Hewitt Jr.
Case Assistant
COTCHETT, PITRE & McCARTHY, LLP
Same here ... I just need to call him back.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
AJN334 is infamous around these parts
Are there fees associated with filling out the smart sheet and entering the class action lawsuit? Also who has already been reimbursed by PCNA...posts above say people have???

It looks like there is another lawsuit going on as well, do people know about these:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...es-a-z-14.html

http://cayenneclassaction.com/

P.S. My pipes recently failed and I completed the repair at my local Porsche stealership they changed me almost 35% more than the average cost of performing the service.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AJN334
Are there fees associated with filling out the smart sheet and entering the class action lawsuit? Also who has already been reimbursed by PCNA...posts above say people have???

It looks like there is another lawsuit going on as well, do people know about these:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...es-a-z-14.html

http://cayenneclassaction.com/

P.S. My pipes recently failed and I completed the repair at my local Porsche stealership they changed me almost 35% more than the average cost of performing the service.

Fees for putting your info up, no. But class action suits by nature have legal fees that are taken out of settlements. None of us pay, but the final total award is subject to the amassed legal fees.

Concerning some who have been reimbursed, I think you might have jumped into the point of the thread where we were discussing coil packs (which PCNA does reimburse).

Concerning "http://cayenneclassaction.com/" Its the same lawyers who i gave access to the smartsheet database - all one in the same.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Markenstein3D is infamous around these parts
got an email from the firm.. replied back, gave them my contact no..
note: i'm one of those who haven't had any problems (yet) on these coolant pipes.. not sure how my situation is being "counted" but i'm all in for this campaign..

thanks rox for the updates

Old 02-25-2011, 07:22 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Markenstein3D
got an email from the firm.. replied back, gave them my contact no..
note: i'm one of those who haven't had any problems (yet) on these coolant pipes.. not sure how my situation is being "counted" but i'm all in for this campaign..

thanks rox for the updates
It all counts!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
heinekenlover10 is infamous around these parts
Starter cost

So I just had the Cayenne towed to the dealer it seems that the slow leak now took out the starter too. I was looking at $1700 for the pipes how much more should I expect for the starter now?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
smerj is infamous around these parts
Hey all, I think these early model Cayennes have another problem that's plaguing some, although I'm not sure whether it reaches the level of a class action.

I have a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S with only 66K miles and learned very recently (after the engine started to shake) that I have a scored cylinder and that the only way to remedy this is to buy a new engine from Porsche which will cost $16K. The car has been under regular maintenance since I bought it (as the original owner) but is unfortuantely out of warranty. I ran this issue up the ladder all the way to Porsche NA in Atlanta and the only thing they are willing to do for me is to offer to pay for half of the engine, which would reduce what I would have to pay out of pocket to $10.5K.

Now I don't know about the rest of you Porsche owners, but forcing me to pay $10.5K to fix a problem on a car that only has 66K miles and a Blue Book value of $20K or so is ridiculous. The car has had all of the Porsche-suggested maintenance services since it was purchased and has been garage kept all that time. I searched the web and found several other people who have had this same issue (low mileage Porsches with scored cylinders), including with other Porsche models, which got me to wondering how many of you out there have had this same problem (perhaps a design defect), and if we band together do we have enough purchasing power to force Porsche to do something about it?

If you've had similar problems, please post here and to my facebook wall (I created a facebook page solely for this issue; facebook ID is Engine Problems) and drop me an email. We paid a lot of money for our Porsches and deserve to be treated better.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I heard that when these engines go, they go FAST. Apparently, once the liner to the cylinders becomes compromised, they are toast. The dealer owner told me about that. However, I did not think to ask him how he knew about this.

How many others have had this problem?

It's good that Porsche offered some assistance. After all, you are benefitting by having a new engine.

There is one fellow who needed to buy a new transmission and that cost him $8,000. A pump inside the transmission housing failed and cracked and was not designed to be replaced.

Looks like I'd better keep a lot of money in the bank for "incidentals" like these. I can't imagine that a turbo engine would be much under $22,000!

Now, those low figures for used Cayennes is making more sense. These can be risky vehicles.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 PM
TenaciousT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by smerj
Hey all, I think these early model Cayennes have another problem that's plaguing some, although I'm not sure whether it reaches the level of a class action.

I have a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S with only 66K miles and learned very recently (after the engine started to shake) that I have a scored cylinder and that the only way to remedy this is to buy a new engine from Porsche which will cost $16K. The car has been under regular maintenance since I bought it (as the original owner) but is unfortuantely out of warranty. I ran this issue up the ladder all the way to Porsche NA in Atlanta and the only thing they are willing to do for me is to offer to pay for half of the engine, which would reduce what I would have to pay out of pocket to $10.5K.

Now I don't know about the rest of you Porsche owners, but forcing me to pay $10.5K to fix a problem on a car that only has 66K miles and a Blue Book value of $20K or so is ridiculous. The car has had all of the Porsche-suggested maintenance services since it was purchased and has been garage kept all that time. I searched the web and found several other people who have had this same issue (low mileage Porsches with scored cylinders), including with other Porsche models, which got me to wondering how many of you out there have had this same problem (perhaps a design defect), and if we band together do we have enough purchasing power to force Porsche to do something about it?

If you've had similar problems, please post here and to my facebook wall (I created a facebook page solely for this issue; facebook ID is Engine Problems) and drop me an email. We paid a lot of money for our Porsches and deserve to be treated better.

Crap....why did I join this damn forum

What were the symptoms of this? I have 52k on my 04' S and am starting to fear driving the damn thing. Not what I expected when I bought a Porsche!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM
smerj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TenaciousT
Crap....why did I join this damn forum

What were the symptoms of this? I have 52k on my 04' S and am starting to fear driving the damn thing. Not what I expected when I bought a Porsche!
If you find that you're engine is eating up a lot oil, and if you feel your engine struggling when you push down on the accelerator, then I would take it to the dealership immediately. We had those symptoms and the engine light hadn't even come on yet, so don't wait for a warning from the car to tell you there is something wrong with the car.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
so,,, you said early model, how early is considered to be early model?
I have Oct 2006 built Cayenne S.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
or damn,,, I should have just stayed with BMW, at least our BMW has been pretty reliable.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:01 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
+1 Oregon 05CCT - preemptive replacement last month when it looked like it began to leak. Signed up. Thanks for the work ROX.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
xTapouTx is infamous around these parts
04 CTT - Colorado

Smartsheet submitted!! Thanks for all the hard work Rox and others!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit