Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by thor7000
Any chance of Canadian owners getting involved in the action suit?? If not, I guess I could register under my Florida address..?? I have already added my name to the list using my home (Canadian) address.

Luckily my coolant lines have been fine, but would love to have the repair down...if I decide to pro-actively have the upgrade down would that still be considered for re-inbursement...or would it be better to wait and see if Porsche does a recall??

You have done your part. The attorneys will use all of this as evidence that the problem is not isolated and is a defect. The hopes are that this will force a nationwide or possible global recall. They global part would be Porsche's doing however, a smart attorney outside of the US could easily pick up the data and run with it.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck guys.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by thor7000
Any chance of Canadian owners getting involved in the action suit?? If not, I guess I could register under my Florida address..?? I have already added my name to the list using my home (Canadian) address.

Luckily my coolant lines have been fine, but would love to have the repair down...if I decide to pro-actively have the upgrade down would that still be considered for re-inbursement...or would it be better to wait and see if Porsche does a recall??

Far better to sign up now than later.

Strength in numbers and momentum as it snow *****.

Remember, the strategy is to demonstrate the problem is widespread and motivate PCNA to sieze the moment for them to take a proactive appraoch and nip this in the bud BEFORE it becomes an emabrassment and negatively impacts their sales.

Porsche AG wants to double sales in the US from 75,000 to 150,000 cars per year. P-AG is not going to like hearing that PCNA lollygagged around when PCNA could have and should have resolved this before it came to filing publically in open court.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
"filing publically in open court"

With leaks to Jalopnik and the sorts who will definitely pick it up.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
profusion is infamous around these parts
Should I be proactive and replace the pipes? Should owners win this law suit, will people that got this repaired get reimbursed?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by profusion
Should I be proactive and replace the pipes? Should owners win this law suit, will people that got this repaired get reimbursed?
Reimbursement:

5. As a result of Porsche's practices, Plaintiff and Class members have suffered injury in fact and have lost money or property, including economic damages. Moreover, Porsche has committed consumer fraud and unjustly enriches itself under the laws of New York.

The potential suit is stating that it is known that plaintifs have paid to repair Porsche's defect and are seeking damages. SO, YES, the suit will look for financial restitution for those who have paid. I will validate my interpretation with the lawyers on Thursday to be sure.

Concerning being proactive, It looks as if the danger zone starts after 50,000 miles. I have averaged the 36 registrants so far and the average failure mileage is: 68,785. It is of course your choice, however, if you are far below the average miles, do not run you C hard, and do not live where it could be -10 degrees one day and 30 degrees the next (all items that cause wear and tear) you are probably "in the green zone".

Stand by for more info.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-25-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:26 AM
profusion is infamous around these parts
I'm almost at 75K miles. Live in NJ but only drive it on weekends. Guess I better order a kit soon.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by profusion
I'm almost at 75K miles. Live in NJ but only drive it on weekends. Guess I better order a kit soon.

Joisy? It's not like it has been 6 degrees one day and 30 degrees the next .. . . . ewwwwwwwww . . .. nevermind (in my best stewie griffen trail of) - Check the dates - LOL

Name:  e217f28e.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  28.6 KB

Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
ventuje is infamous around these parts
Mine went at 45K (also from Jersey)

Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I have 87,700. Car spent its first four years in the desert. Now, it's garaged but sees temps from -20F to +40F regularly when it's not in it's 70-80F heated garage. I A-X it in the summers. Just dropped it off for sevice this AM and I ALWAYS tell them to check the coolant pipes.

They are stuck following PCNA guidelines. And I am stuck with them under CPO. Being proactive might result in this particular dealership not honoring the warranty if I take it to the more reasonable independent shop for repairs. Stealership wants $2,000 while I'm certain the independent shop can get it done for $1500 or less.

Last edited by gr8ful; 01-25-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 PM

ALL - THE OFFICIAL SITE FROM THE ATTORNEYS IS NOW UP

http://cayenneclassaction.com

Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
porschetech is infamous around these parts
The lawsuit alleges that Porsche knowingly manufactured all Cayenne models with plastic coolant tubes that degrade and fracture causing engine coolant to leak into the engine, leading to significant engine damage. When the plastic coolant tubes fail, Cayenne owners are forced to purchase and install a costly “update kit” from Porsche which contains aluminum coolant pipes.

that made me laugh......seems like there are some really upset people on here who had to pay for an expensive repair on their cayennes.

i guess porsche knowingly manufactured all sports cars with RMS and IMS issues too?

so...........anyone gonna start a mass lawsuit on their cardan shafts failing?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Set one up for the IMS! That would be a great idea since my 1999 996 engine grenaded due to IMS failure at 79k miles! LOL

But the not so funny part is that for the Cayenne Porsche developed a metal based pipe replacement but did not implement it into the production builds... they required their customers to pay for it or suffer the consequences of pipe failure. If they thought the plastic version was good enough and well engineered then why develop a metal pipe replacement?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Spot on Reborn - That change in materials is the basis for the suit. If they just sold plastic replacements the dots might not connect so easily.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 PM
dougsuter has a spectacular aura aboutdougsuter has a spectacular aura aboutdougsuter has a spectacular aura about
Ohio Cayenne Class Action Lawsuit

Just a reminder that my lawfirm also filed a class action lawsuit in the US District Ct, Southern Dist Ohio (Columbus) over ther coolant line defect and for Porsche's failure to timely honor its new extended warranty for the defective ignition coils. Ohio law provides certain remedies that other states may not provide for. That may be important for Cayenne owners who did not purchase their Cayennes new or through a Porsche dealership as some of the Ohio law remedies do not require direct privity of contract with Porsche.All state laws are different. If anyone purchased their Cayenne in Ohio or if you now live in Ohio and would like to be included in the prospective class, drop me an email at douglassuter@isaacbrant.com.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit