Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dougsuter
Just a reminder that my lawfirm also filed a class action lawsuit in the US District Ct, Southern Dist Ohio (Columbus) over ther coolant line defect and for Porsche's failure to timely honor its new extended warranty for the defective ignition coils. Ohio law provides certain remedies that other states may not provide for. That may be important for Cayenne owners who did not purchase their Cayennes new or through a Porsche dealership as some of the Ohio law remedies do not require direct privity of contract with Porsche.All state laws are different. If anyone purchased their Cayenne in Ohio or if you now live in Ohio and would like to be included in the prospective class, drop me an email at douglassuter@isaacbrant.com.
Doug, is it OK if I pass your info over to the other attorneys here?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:43 PM
dougsuter has a spectacular aura aboutdougsuter has a spectacular aura aboutdougsuter has a spectacular aura about
cayenne class action

Sure, by all means pass my info on to the attys who filed the class action suit in New York.We obtained a copy of the complaint that the law firm filed in US Dist Ct in New York and the attys did a nice job. We also contemplated adding fla to our suit since fla has a high concentration of Porsche dealerships and since I sit on the Bd of directors of a Not for Profit there www.operationopenarms.org and have significant law firm connections there. My guess is that ultimately all states will be part of the class action.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm definitely along for the ride on this one, my Cayenne has 73k, and to the best of my knowledge still has plastic pipes (I'm not the first owner) Should we fill out the form if we haven't had a failure or are not aware of a possible previous one?

Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Fill it out regardless. 50% of all who have submitted their info, have not had the failure yet. "It is just a matter of time" said 1 dealer to a member that has not replaced his plastics yet.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:08 PM
simpleman325i is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Fill it out regardless. 50% of all who have submitted their info, have not had the failure yet. "It is just a matter of time" said 1 dealer to a member that has not replaced his plastics yet.
To the best of my knowledge, mine have not been replaced either. I am still wondering; if I live in NE, does there need to be a law suit filed here in order for mine to get fixed? It came from CA, but I, like many am not the first owner...

Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
EMart is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EMart
Just had mine replaced a few weeks ago at the dealer. I noticed a very small leak and took it in a couple days later. Luckily nothing else was damaged. I'll add my info to the smart sheet later on.
Just submitted my info ... failure around 75k.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
To the best of my knowledge, mine have not been replaced either. I am still wondering; if I live in NE, does there need to be a law suit filed here in order for mine to get fixed? It came from CA, but I, like many am not the first owner...
FILE!

Bought mine from CA while I resided in AZ. Now in AK.

FILE!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Update:

I exchanged emails between the 2 firms (technically there are 3 firms - 2 on the east coast acting as one and doug sutters firm Columbus Ohio) for further possible coordination as co-councils. It looks like both sides are possibly interested in working together which potentially broadens the case as well as information sharing. Also, both firms expressed interested in taking the case to Florida next partly due to the high concentration of Cayenne owners.

Feedback on the database has been GREAT and I know east coast councils have been utilizing it.

PLEASE ALL - KEEP THE REGISTRATIONS COMING - IT"S A HELP. (We are now over 50 registrants)

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-31-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
the mean reason for me selling My CTT is it was like a fire burning money in maintenance and repairs !

Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 AM
TenaciousT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dougsuter
Just a reminder that my lawfirm also filed a class action lawsuit in the US District Ct, Southern Dist Ohio (Columbus) over ther coolant line defect and for Porsche's failure to timely honor its new extended warranty for the defective ignition coils. Ohio law provides certain remedies that other states may not provide for. That may be important for Cayenne owners who did not purchase their Cayennes new or through a Porsche dealership as some of the Ohio law remedies do not require direct privity of contract with Porsche.All state laws are different. If anyone purchased their Cayenne in Ohio or if you now live in Ohio and would like to be included in the prospective class, drop me an email at douglassuter@isaacbrant.com.
Email sent.

- Terry

Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Munch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud of
Submitted form. Representing Colorado in da house!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Munch
Submitted form. Representing Colorado in da house!
You actually have 2 fellow Coloradans joining you

Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Anyone from Washington state or am I the only one? We should find a lawyer who can represent WA state while at it.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Without disclosing the specifics of who, here are the tallies of locations:

Unassigned:3
Alaska:1
California: 10
Colorado:3
FLORIDA:6
Georgia:1
Houston, TX:1
Illinois: 2
Indiana:2
Kentucky:1
Maryland: 1
Massachusetts: 2
Michigan: 1
Missouri: 2
New Jersey: 4
New York: 3
Ohio: 1
Ontario: 1
Pennsylvania: 1
Quebec: 1
Texas: 5
Virginia: 4
Washington State: 1

Concerning finding a lawyer, I would at min wait a bit to see if the firms come together and then branch out.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 02-02-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
56 is not very good considering they sold over 150,000 Cayennes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit