Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Big issue, coolant message, lots of smoke...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
My stealership wants $2,000 to do the job. This is the last Porsche I buy under warranty. The CPO coverage is a farce, damn near fraudulent. All it does and its purpose is to keep one locked into the stealership.

Here's how it is fraudulent:

As of August 2008 Porsche changed its CPO policy. Thereafter, all used CPO Porsches were sold as warranteed as if new. In other words, everything was covered just like it is a new car. BUT, it is not!

Apparently, Porsche never changed its computer to reflect this change in policy.

Recently, Porsche of North America challenged my local stealership because PNA thought the local yocal might not be adminstering thier CPO warranty properly. However, it appears PNA doesn't know what is going on.

Porsche's CPO refuses all kinds of repairs that even PNA thinks should be covered. Where the responsibility lies I do not know. Nonetheless, Porsche will not fix these in advance even though the issue is well known.

This is why there is an effort to effect a class action law suit. See other thread.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Mine went while doing 70 mph down the hwy. Poor guy behind me got a windshield full of coolant out my exhaust! I believe the P-dealership charged me $1800. Can't remember exactly.