Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

w00tMOBILE in the USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
You betcha ... Remind me what's your build date. BTW, your ex-18 winter wheel/tire set up just went into my 2011 a few hrs ago.
Very exciting those wheels are
Car might be being built at this moment....

Old 01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Just got this email from my dealer:

"Hope you are doing well and enjoyed the holidays! Your Cayenne has arrived at the Port of Brunswick in Georgia. Typically our cars are shipped into San Diego but your Cayenne went to Brunswick, I have had other Cayenne's shipped into Brunswick recently. I believe we should be able to deliver your in the third week of January. If you are financing I can email you a credit application"

Here is my order:

Cayenne S Tiptronic

2T Jet Black Metallic
VB 2-toneNaturLthrEspresso/Cognac
0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank
2ZH Heated3-spokeMultifuncLeathrSW
4X4 Side Airbags rear
1D6 TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint
3FU Panorama Roof System
1BK AirSusp-Selflvl&HeightAdj-PASM
1NP WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest
1Y1 PTV Plus
6GB WheelArchExt-SideDoorProtMould
3S1 RoofRails w/Mouldings-Aluminum
6A7 Fire Extinguisher
9JA Non-smoker Package
8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control
9VJ Burmester®HighEndSurrSoundSyst
PE6 18-way Adapt Sprt Seat-Mem Pkg
HT0 Summer Performance Tires for 2
QV4 XM Radio
9AH 4-zone Climate Control
0NA Deletion of Model Designation
CP5 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
VW5 Thrm&NoiseInsulatGls w/PrivGls
PU3 Premium Package Plus
8EA Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS
4L6 Auto Dimming Interior Rearview
6XT Automatically Dimming Exterior
7T1 PCM with Navigation Module
7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
7X8 ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear
3Y8 ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind
7B6 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center
9MB Dimmable Interior LED Lighting
4A4 Heated Seats Front and Rear
4D3 Seat Ventilation Front
QH1 Voice Control
QR1 Compass Display on Instr Panel
0AW PDCC
4GG Heated Windscreen Privacy Glss

Needless to say I am very excited. I got a great deal on 18 inch winter tire/wheel set up from Jace and have already ordered the TPMS sensors to go with it, clear side markers and all-weather mats with the 20% off coupon from Porsche in Dec 2010.

A couple of questions: Anybody got a better rate than 2.9% on financing (other than those with armed forces connection coz I know they can get 1.9%) and how many went with clear-bra. Is so just half the hood or entire hood ?
Congrats on the new Porsche...can't wait to see it. Jet Black Metallic huh?... Boy are you in for some TLC of the new pepper. But you've got all the tools to handle it. Make sure to give her a proper initial detail.

As for film, that color is going to show any and every defect in the film over time. If a daily driver, just custom wrap the bumper. We didn't wrap ours because it's white and I can just touch up any chips.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Congrats on the new Porsche...can't wait to see it. Jet Black Metallic huh?... Boy are you in for some TLC of the new pepper. But you've got all the tools to handle it. Make sure to give her a proper initial detail.

As for film, that color is going to show any and every defect in the film over time. If a daily driver, just custom wrap the bumper. We didn't wrap ours because it's white and I can just touch up any chips.
Thanks Moe. Metropolitan crew will custom wrap the bumper and hood. In your books, what constitutes a proper initial detail (ext/int)for a brand new car. Just clay bar and sealant .. or wax since it is a jet black metallic ? The dealer states that as part of the prep they will hand wax the car and that they have a great guy who does all their Porsches. I'm in two minds whether to say yes or no to them as you know my level of attention to detail.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
W00T, how long from estimated completion date to being on the ship?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
7 days.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Moe. Metropolitan crew will custom wrap the bumper and hood. In your books, what constitutes a proper initial detail (ext/int)for a brand new car. Just clay bar and sealant .. or wax since it is a jet black metallic ? The dealer states that as part of the prep they will hand wax the car and that they have a great guy who does all their Porsches. I'm in two minds whether to say yes or no to them as you know my level of attention to detail.
JUST SAY NO!!!!!!! You'll do a way better job yourself.

A full detail:

Clay, polish, and wax the exterior. Condition all rubber and plastics. Interior needs a proper cleaning, shouldn't take long. A comprehensive conditioning of all leather and plastics.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
what do you guys mean by "custom wrap" the front end? I have a TT coming in JBM and dealer is putting a clear bra on and i am also concerned of the bra showing way too too much.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
There are two types of PPF (paint protection film) installs. Pre-cut patterns and custom. A precut pattern is when the software cuts the exact patterns and the installers just sticks it on. I always pay the extra $$ for a custom install which allows for all the edges to be neatly tucked into the panels so that there are no visible edges. So no lines show off and no exposed edges which means no collection of dirt. Edges are the major nidus for debris/dirt to collect over time. For people who change cars every 3 to 4 yrs it may make sense to go for a pre-cut install which is much cheaper (which is what dealers would do). Hope this helps Ok-computadora.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-20-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Bradleybang is infamous around these parts
Long time lurker.

Big thanks to Woot and Gammaman for helping with the Espresso / Cognac decision. Many thanks to all the posters here who give an inside thought to help make decisions.

Have just made decision to go Cayenne S.
Will be ordering a dark blue with espresso/cognac.
Its a daily for my wife, but I will drive it frequently. My daily is a Tesla.

I won't be going Turbo (see Tesla) nor Burmester (wife won't appreciate) nor 18 way as I read it extends to rear seating and my sons almost a teenager (the rear seats need all the help they can get). I don't also see need for thermal as test drive was quiet enough.

Otherwise I like Woot's setup.

Woot please do post pics and final decision on clear bra and pre-detail.
Did you get anything ($$) off your special order?

Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Aperture776 is infamous around these parts
w00t did the dealer say what their PDI procedure was? I told my dealer not to do any waxing, sealing or use a buffer at all.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by canberk
that's a car with almost all the options. but it brings up the question of "why not turbo?" to me. You'd get most of the options standard in turbo, with an added bonus of 100 horses

Very good point. Turbo would absolutely make sense given all the options I have there only if

1) Resale is ever a consideration.
2) If insane (and I mean it in a nice way... so no offense) acceleration
thrills you.
3) If everytime you look at a turbo pass by ... you droooool
4) Like the aggressive air intakes.

My answer for all those 4 questions were NO. Hence the CS. I also think (cannot validate this though as I have no experience) that long term maintenance cost on a turbo may be a little steeper than the NA vehicles. I plan to keep this family hauler for a long time.

Does my explanation work for you ?
Originally Posted by Bradleybang
Long time lurker.

Big thanks to Woot and Gammaman for helping with the Espresso / Cognac decision. Many thanks to all the posters here who give an inside thought to help make decisions.

Have just made decision to go Cayenne S.
Will be ordering a dark blue with espresso/cognac.
Its a daily for my wife, but I will drive it frequently. My daily is a Tesla.

I won't be going Turbo (see Tesla) nor Burmester (wife won't appreciate) nor 18 way as I read it extends to rear seating and my sons almost a teenager (the rear seats need all the help they can get). I don't also see need for thermal as test drive was quiet enough.

Otherwise I like Woot's setup.

Woot please do post pics and final decision on clear bra and pre-detail.
Did you get anything ($$) off your special order?
If you 1) do quite a bit of highway driving, 2) Care about the original paint
and 3) regularly wash your car then go clear-bra THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE. I have plenty of experience on this as all my cars have this. These are the key points to note.

Proper technique (ie experienced installers) : To avoid razor cuts on the paint, unprotected areas, irregular overhanging edges (making it a nidus for dirt to collect)

2. High quality film ( Ventureshield, XPEL or 3M). I am sure there are some other good ones. I have VS and I love the optical clarity. Very little distortion of the paint's look especially with certain colors.

3. Most important is how you take care of it. If you regularly apply a sealant (seals the pores) every three months and wash your car regularly (and not sit on dirt caking over the film for weeks) then there is very little chance that dirt works through the pores of the film which is the number one cause why they fade and yellow over time (which will show more on certain colors especially white).

Originally Posted by Aperture776
w00t did the dealer say what their PDI procedure was? I told my dealer not to do any waxing, sealing or use a buffer at all.
I hand wax my cars. I have told the delaer to do the bare minimum just what is needed for the PDI. No wax/polish etc.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Very good point. Turbo would absolutely make sense given all the options I have there only if

1) Resale is ever a consideration.
2) If insane (and I mean it in a nice way... so no offense) acceleration
thrills you.
3) If everytime you look at a turbo pass by ... you droooool
4) Like the aggressive air intakes.
Hey w00t, don't forget the red calipers

Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Very good point. Life would'nt be the same without a twice daily sighting of those big reds ... On my C4S ;-)

Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
I believe my yellow calipers will stand out with JBM

Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Not the cheaper painting of the red to yellow but actually opting for the ceramics is an eye opener.
T minus 5 weeks till I'm waxing my beast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w00tMOBILE in the USA