Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Whats your MPG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:29 AM
pakundo is infamous around these parts
16.7 highway..do i believe it?? no.....i just go for the smiles per gallon.....cheers!!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
04 CTT with Upsolute Chip.

16-17 mpg in mixed driving.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
seankrider is infamous around these parts
'04 CTT: 14-15mpg on average.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold
2011 Hybrid 20-22 combined

Can get up to 25-27 with Prius like driving.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I love the fact that Top-gear got 60MPG out of a 4,000 lb Jaguar XJ6 Diesel and the 5,000 lb hybrid cayenne gets 25-27 with conservative driving.

Fuel Economy Race - Car vs. Car vs. Car

With the team booked to switch on the famous Blackpool Illuminations, the three were presented with a challenge to determine which one of them would get the honour of actually throwing the switch. This took the form of a race from Basel in Switzerland to Blackpool, taking a route of their choice and using any unmodified production car they chose, with the restriction that they were only allowed to use a single tank of fuel. May selected a Subaru Legacy Diesel, Clarkson a Jaguar XJ and, to the scorn of his compatriots, Hammond chose a Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion. Clarkson bought the Jaguar because, he said, they cannot go from Basel to Blackpool on one tank of fuel, claiming "If you're gonna fail, you may as well fail in style and comfort." Before leaving France he figured out that, if he went fast enough, he could run out of fuel a few minutes from his house. However, Clarkson failed to run out of fuel—arriving in Blackpool shortly after Hammond. May did eventually finish, albeit 40 minutes after the celebration. All competitors chose their own routes, taking differing routes through France but all crossing the channel via Calais and Dover, which put Blackpool out of the theoretical range of all the chosen vehicles. With seconds to go before the switch-on, Richard—despite winning—claimed Jeremy should switch the light, but Jeremy declined. However, the honour of performing the ceremony fell to the Stig during the ensuing argument. Afterwards, it was found Clarkson's car had 120 miles of fuel left. Winner: Volkswagen Polo. Series Twelve, Episode Four

Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
bkcarrera is infamous around these parts
Buy some oil stocks = gas going up but you are offsetting w/ gains and dividends- takes a bit of the pain away.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
We had an 04S and an 06S. Loved them both but the lousy mileage hurt the fun driving factor. Especially when gas was inching towards $5 in California 3 years ago. I'm afraid it'll be there again pretty soon.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Pugman is infamous around these parts
2009 GTS 6-Speed: Overall average is about 14 mpg. Low of 9 in heavy city traffic; average about 12 city and as high as 18-19 at steady highway speed. On my mixed city/highway commute, I average about 15-16.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Woodchuck is infamous around these parts
2011 CTT

Interstate- Depends how long I am going on the interstate, if it there is any traffic, or stop and go traffic, if I am speeding in that zone or not, and also if I am behind slow people and can't get around them.
65 MPH can get up to between 16 and 17.2
70 MPH can get up to 17.6
80 MPH can get up to 18-18.6
90-100 MPH can get up to 20.1, possibly higher, but I haven't been able to drive a constant 90-100 mph for a lot of miles due to cops, speed limit changes, etc. to know.

Highway (or back roads as my dad likes to call them)- 40 and 45 zones depend on if I come into a town and get stopped at a stop light, if I am behind a slow person or not, and if I am going 3-5 miles over the speed limit or not)
40 mph- Don't know, have not checked when I get into those zones.
45 mph- about 15-16
55 mph- about 15.5-16.2(I usually go 5-7 over in the 55 zones, so 60-62 would be about 16-16.8)

City/town- depends on how many stop lights I have to stop for, if I have just recently come from a 40-55 zone on the highway or if I am coming off the interstate, and if there is someone going slow in front of me. I also go 5 mph over in my hometown/Augusta GA (its really Martinez, but Augusta is what is used for our address on most maps, GPS and it is used for shipping address) which is 45.
25 mph- about 13.8-15
35 mph- 14.2-15.8
45 mph- about 14.8-16.2
This is all without start/stop function use.
Best Mileage range seen so far when fueled up: 501

Also, this has much better MPGs and better range than my RRS HSE. Hah, the most I ever saw was 11.3 out of it, and the worst was 7.4. My best mile range for the RRS was probably 240, other than that it was between 180 and 229 usually; and having to fill up almost 3 times a week sucked. (Supercharged version is probably worse)

P.S.: The CTT mpg can drop between 10-12 if it is pushed, all the above mpg figures are either cruising at the certain speed (Highway and Interstate) or are not pushed hard at all (all 3). When I first had the CTT I almost always pushed it if I was driving alone after I broke the 2000 mile break-in, but a bit after that I started calming down and driving normally. I do push it sometimes, but not as much as I use to and not all the way each time (flooring it, etc.)

Last edited by Woodchuck; 02-06-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Last edit, P.S.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 PM
seankrider is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Woodchuck
2011 CTT

65 MPH can get up to between 16 and 17.2
70 MPH can get up to 17.6
80 MPH can get up to 18-18.6
90-100 MPH can get up to 20.1, possibly higher,
Just the empirical data I've been looking for: proves that faster is clearly more fuel efficient, and I just want to do my part for the environment!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
YES PERFECT - I highly recommend we all do our part to be green and drive at 150 mph. I for one will start the effort tonight on my way home from the office

Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I dont think he was trying to be a debbie downer.......plus we need more Arrogant Canadians around these parts.....

Id imagine you all paid much more for your respective piggers......than what I did in US......so please feel free to gloat or complain.....and if Scotland sells gas as high as England does.....defintely feel compelled to brag...

I can still find 2.79USD 93 gas a gallon in Austin.......

Old 02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
I love the fact that Top-gear got 60MPG out of a 4,000 lb Jaguar XJ6 Diesel and the 5,000 lb hybrid cayenne gets 25-27 with conservative driving.

Fuel Economy Race - Car vs. Car vs. Car

With the team booked to switch on the famous Blackpool Illuminations, the three were presented with a challenge to determine which one of them would get the honour of actually throwing the switch. This took the form of a race from Basel in Switzerland to Blackpool, taking a route of their choice and using any unmodified production car they chose, with the restriction that they were only allowed to use a single tank of fuel. May selected a Subaru Legacy Diesel, Clarkson a Jaguar XJ and, to the scorn of his compatriots, Hammond chose a Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion. Clarkson bought the Jaguar because, he said, they cannot go from Basel to Blackpool on one tank of fuel, claiming "If you're gonna fail, you may as well fail in style and comfort." Before leaving France he figured out that, if he went fast enough, he could run out of fuel a few minutes from his house. However, Clarkson failed to run out of fuel—arriving in Blackpool shortly after Hammond. May did eventually finish, albeit 40 minutes after the celebration. All competitors chose their own routes, taking differing routes through France but all crossing the channel via Calais and Dover, which put Blackpool out of the theoretical range of all the chosen vehicles. With seconds to go before the switch-on, Richard—despite winning—claimed Jeremy should switch the light, but Jeremy declined. However, the honour of performing the ceremony fell to the Stig during the ensuing argument. Afterwards, it was found Clarkson's car had 120 miles of fuel left. Winner: Volkswagen Polo. Series Twelve, Episode Four
Do they even still have the "American" version show running? it sucked.......bad writing, improper timing and looked like it should be on TNN on a Sunday afternoon

Not like the Office version we have over here,

Old 02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Don't get me started on what a rancid pile of stink the American topgear is. Multiple episodes in and they are still explaining to the population WTF the show is about. The only chemistry between the hosts is the carbon and water their brainless, talentless, uninteresting, pathetic carcasses are made out of. it' PAINFUL to no end. AND YES - I can do better - just throw a beer in me and I am good to go.

May this show's complete footage archive be BURNED and its ashes shot into space!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 AM
paulmc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cordsig79
.and if Scotland sells gas as high as England does.....defintely feel compelled to brag......
Oh Yes. Petrol is around £1.30 per litre, £5.85 Uk Gallon. up in Sunny Scotland

that is regular fuel. Super or 98+ ron is even more expensive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats your MPG?