Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=Precisionmotors;3112833]Hind sight is always 20-20. I didn't plan on keeping the vehicle past the lease term, but looking back at the total payments over the last 3 years, I could have owned it out right in another year. That's why I've decided against leasing again. So after looking at my purchasing options, it just seemed crazy to spend an extra 50k when I wasn't really "wowed" by the 2011. The dealer told me I could pay the 42k buyout, drive it for a year and sell it close to that price a year later.[/quote]

I agree with them .
I also have never seen a Porsche lease that made any sense at all . I am not fond of leases in general but at least some of the competitors like BMW make some effort . I was also thinking about a year but much depends on the amount of miles you drive and the expiration of the warranty. You can not cross 50K miles ... depreciation is huge. 6 months of warranty at leasy gives the next owner a little incentive .

Another option is simply to hand them back the keys and start over with a completely different vehicle. Consider it a fresh start .

Old 02-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Precision is infamous around these parts
Thank you all for your comments and insight!!

Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I said it to another member just last week - BUY 2 CARS!! Buy your GTS for 42K and buy a used 911 for $30. 18K in your pocket pays for a few years of insurance and gas. The 911 will satisfy your urge for super performance and your GTS will be your PGG (Performance Grocery Getter.) If your tight on space, extend your driveway for a few grand - your still ahead but now you have 2 PORSCHEs. You would then have achieved ultimate manliness.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
I said it to another member just last week - BUY 2 CARS!! Buy your GTS for 42K and buy a used 911 for $30. 18K in your pocket pays for a few years of insurance and gas. The 911 will satisfy your urge for super performance and your GTS will be your PGG (Performance Grocery Getter.) If your tight on space, extend your driveway for a few grand - your still ahead but now you have 2 PORSCHEs. You would then have achieved ultimate manliness.
Performance Grocery Getter
Wish i had come up with that one
+++1 on the recommendation to get a used 911 you can mod the ****ake out of...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.