Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

FINALLY FINISHED & INSTALLED - Carbon Fibered My Center Console @ home! - Pics !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
Looks great, nice work!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I was about to say please do your wheel. Looks sick. If you ever want to come make $15/hr after your done making millions, hollar! LOL.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:42 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vividracing
I was about to say please do your wheel. Looks sick. If you ever want to come make $15/hr after your done making millions, hollar! LOL.

My new CF wheel lands on Monday - WOOT! John from Broadway- Performance is going to "slap it on" http://www.broadway-performance.com/

Concerning the $15 an hour, I was thinking I would just do CF work for charity. You know, like making carbon fiber Yolk's for Yaks that work the few functioning farms in Uganda.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Charity work is better. You can be my intern!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future

Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Boys and their toys...

Last edited by Mama'sCayenne; 02-11-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:04 PM
simpleman325i is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
My new CF wheel lands on Monday - WOOT! John from Broadway- Performance is going to "slap it on" http://www.broadway-performance.com/

Concerning the $15 an hour, I was thinking I would just do CF work for charity. You know, like making carbon fiber Yolk's for Yaks that work the few functioning farms in Uganda.
Hey roxboxxx, if your doing charity work.. Can I get one done under the "center console for soldiers" foundation? LOL

Old 02-11-2011, 12:24 PM
06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future
Are you doing a composite overlay, or are you making a plug - mould - positive? How many layers of composite are you using?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Looks great!!! Props for the DIY....

Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by 06Turbo
Are you doing a composite overlay, or are you making a plug - mould - positive? How many layers of composite are you using?

No molds - Just overlaying what is already there. Its all for looks and because of this, you only need a single-ply overlay. The downside of single-ply is you MUST make sure that your substrate is black! If it's not, then any bend in the weave will show the underlying color. Lets just say I learned that by accident.

If you go check my master post (see my sig file) you can see the complete process for my Gauge Pod (look for the "CF'd my gauge pod" link)

Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
Hey roxboxxx, if your doing charity work.. Can I get one done under the "center console for soldiers" foundation? LOL
Sorry - just farmed my free time out to "CF4BB" foundation.
(Carbon Fiber 4 Busty Babes).

FMI - were you in the sandbox or stateside? Still in? Out? Back in on a private tour? Function? Always like to know and give thanks where thanks are due.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:03 PM

FMI - were you in the sandbox or stateside? Still in? Out? Back in on a private tour? Function? Always like to know and give thanks where thanks are due.
Still in, Omaha NE. I am a Crew Chief (airplane mechanic) on 747. This job keeps me pretty safe, but thanks for your thanks.. They actually did a special on my airplane on NETGEO in Nov. I think it was.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:11 PM
That's some heavy equipment bro! Almost went in myself but a prego-wife put an end to that. Long line of service brats in my fam. Old man was a CC in the AF for the 47BW out of England. Worked on Nuke-Loaded Tornados back in the day.

So you now get the rox discount if we ever trade

Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
That's some heavy equipment bro! Almost went in myself but a prego-wife put an end to that. Long line of service brats in my fam. Old man was a CC in the AF for the 47BW out of England. Worked on Nuke-Loaded Tornados back in the day.

So you now get the rox discount if we ever trade
Good man! well your close to my neck of the woods origionally, so next time i head home i'll swing by and give you a high 5.. but keep the good info coming we all here appreciate it!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all

Still in, Omaha NE. I am a Crew Chief (airplane mechanic) on 747. This job keeps me pretty safe, but thanks for your thanks.. They actually did a special on my airplane on NETGEO in Nov. I think it was.

I'd like to thank you as well. And it's always nice to know fellow military folk, current or past. I served in the 90s for 8 years in the Army Reserve as an MP and did 6 months during Desert Shield/Storm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FINALLY FINISHED & INSTALLED - Carbon Fibered My Center Console @ home! - Pics !