Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help me sell my wife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
tell her a lot of options come standard (meaning for free) in the turbo, tell her it is easier to sell a turbo later, and it will sell for more money.

Women like good deal, this may work.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:03 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
just pray to god that she will never see this topic, or she'll sell you..

Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by canberk
just pray to god that she will never see this topic, or she'll sell you..

Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 PM
AJN334 is infamous around these parts
Has she driven one? That should solve the problem ;-) Its practical and handles closer to a sports car than any other SUV on the market, what could be better?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
As a wife myself, I actually have an S and although I love it, I would LOVE a Turbo. But, since she isn't into the speed and power as I am, here's what you do: (bear with me men)

1. Pick a night and, if you have kids, arrange for a sitter yourself and surprise her and take her to her favorite restaurant or one she has always wanted to go to.

2. For this night out, bring her a beautiful dress in a box with a bow. (Check her closet for the right size and then get a size smaller as well as the right size) Give her the smaller size and tell her you were guessing on the size and wasn't sure and that you hope she likes it. When (if) she tells you it's too small, give her the other one telling her you got it just in case you were wrong. No matter what, tell her how amazing she looks in it.

3. Get her her favorite flowers and a gift you know she will love, whether jewelry (it doesn't have to be expensive as it's the thought and effort that really matters) or some thing else she enjoys. But it never hurts to go with diamonds.

4. When at dinner, be more interested in her than anything else and toward the end of your date, explain to her your reasons for wanting the Turbo over the S (resale value, standard options, or what ever else you feel are selling points) and tell her that it would be the best of both worlds. She gets a great Cayenne and you get to occasionally drive a "sporty" truck that makes you feel like a kid again and that it would mean the world to you. Also agree to not leave your dirty socks, underwear or wet towels on the floor anymore.

5. Report back to us with your results.

Good luck.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 AM
imtheprez is infamous around these parts
hahaha seriously!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 AM
imtheprez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
As a wife myself, I actually have an S and although I love it, I would LOVE a Turbo. But, since she isn't into the speed and power as I am, here's what you do: (bear with me men)

1. Pick a night and, if you have kids, arrange for a sitter yourself and surprise her and take her to her favorite restaurant or one she has always wanted to go to.

2. For this night out, bring her a beautiful dress in a box with a bow. (Check her closet for the right size and then get a size smaller as well as the right size) Give her the smaller size and tell her you were guessing on the size and wasn't sure and that you hope she likes it. When (if) she tells you it's too small, give her the other one telling her you got it just in case you were wrong. No matter what, tell her how amazing she looks in it.

3. Get her her favorite flowers and a gift you know she will love, whether jewelry (it doesn't have to be expensive as it's the thought and effort that really matters) or some thing else she enjoys. But it never hurts to go with diamonds.

4. When at dinner, be more interested in her than anything else and toward the end of your date, explain to her your reasons for wanting the Turbo over the S (resale value, standard options, or what ever else you feel are selling points) and tell her that it would be the best of both worlds. She gets a great Cayenne and you get to occasionally drive a "sporty" truck that makes you feel like a kid again and that it would mean the world to you. Also agree to not leave your dirty socks, underwear or wet towels on the floor anymore.

Good luck.
This may work...thanks!

Gotta catch her in the right mood and go do some test driving this weekend.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay, this is getting far too complicated.

Tell her that since you're paying for the damn thing, she'll get what you decide to buy her. Period.

Then buy the turbo. If she complains, or she shows a lack of appreciation for the $115k SUV you just bought her out of the goodness of your heart, trade it in and get her a $35k Hyundai Sante Fe.

Done.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Tell her that since you're paying for the damn thing, she'll get what you decide to buy her. Period.

Then buy the turbo. If she complains, or she shows a lack of appreciation for the $115k SUV you just bought her out of the goodness of your heart, trade it in and get her a $35k Hyundai Sante Fe.

Done.
best advice so far!

edit: although those Hyundai's are big POS

Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Markenstein3D is infamous around these parts
hmm.. it's like asking her to marry you again..
if you can get the dealer to take a cayenne overnight.. or rental, or whatever.. pick her up from her work driving the cayenne, go to a nice dinner spot and tell her.. this is the cayenne turbo that you like for her to drive..

if this is a hermes birkins bag, and she tells you that she wants it - what would you say to her? or buy her the bag she's crazy about as a gift + the turbo..

driving me nuts..

anyways.. good luck and hope you get the turbo you like for her ;-)

Old 02-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all

Done.

No disrepect but I still say wine and dine her. She'll respect you more for it in the long run. After all, you know you boys want to be respected and we woman want to be loved. If he wanted to be domineering about it, I'm betting he wouldn't have posted.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
PutterMcGavin is infamous around these parts

Good luck.

Can we get this stickied?

Old 02-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Stickied? Please explain your eye rolling comment. I don't follow.

My comment was part advice with some humor. Sad if you didn't get that. Why are some folks so uptight? Have some fun and be open to differing views.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
PutterMcGavin is infamous around these parts
Stickied? Please explain your eye rolling comment. I don't follow.

My comment was part advice with some humor. Sad if you didn't get that. Why are some folks so uptight? Have some fun and be open to differing views.
Haha no I totally got it. I was joking that it is something that you normally wouldn't find stickied in auto enthusiast forum but since we've seen this type of questioning before, we SHOULD have it available. Didn't mean it as a "rolling eye" comment more of a "we as men should all know to do this kind of thing..." I especially like the extra dress suggestion. Never thought of that.

I consider myself pretty persuasive when I need to be but even I printed this out to save for later...and I'm not even married!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin
Haha no I totally got it. I was joking that it is something that you normally wouldn't find stickied in auto enthusiast forum but since we've seen this type of questioning before, we SHOULD have it available. Didn't mean it as a "rolling eye" comment more of a "we as men should all know to do this kind of thing..." I especially like the extra dress suggestion. Never thought of that.

I consider myself pretty persuasive when I need to be but even I printed this out to save for later...and I'm not even married!

LOL. I see, I gotcha. Sometimes it's hard to tell with printed words vs. hearing them what a person really means. Well, they say you attract more bees with honey than with vinegar. I know my advice would (should) work with me and most any woman out there, so there ya go. Nothing warms a woman's heart faster for just about ANYTHING like a little attention, honesty and (insert favorite type of gift). LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me sell my wife