Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Confirms Cajun SUV Production At Leipzig Plant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:55 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Porsche Confirms Cajun SUV Production At Leipzig Plant

Porsche is working on a fifth model series, a new compact SUV positioned below the Cayenne and
its first to be designed under Volkswagen Group chief designer Walter de’ Silva’s watchful eye.
Now it is confirmed that the car will be built, at Porsche’s plant in Leipzig, Germany.

Unlike the Cayenne, which is partially built at Volkswagen Group’s Bratislava plant in Slovakia,
alongside the Volkswagen Touareg, the new compact Porsche SUV, which carries a working
title of ‘Cajun’, will be fully built in Leipzig, including all bodywork, painting and interior fitting.

More than 1,000 jobs are expected to be created at the Leipzig plant, as well as additional
opportunities at Porsche’s Zuffenhausen and Weissach facilities.

No other details about the Cajun were revealed, except that it will be light and easy-to-handle
and that it will be an entry-level model for Porsche.

Porsche is thought to be working closely with Audi in developing the Cajun, which is believed
to share a modified version of the Audi Q5 platform. Don’t hold your breath, however, waiting
for the new SUV as its retail debut isn’t pegged for until 2014.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for posting
Kinda cute
Looking forward to my factory visit in 3 weeks

Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
it looks too much like the Cayenne.
i like it though.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Long Hood Tex1 is infamous around these parts
The Cajun looks great from what I've seen. Yup, I can see one as my next DD.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Just an FYI, from what i'm reading on this, "The Cayenne's frame and doors are sourced from Volkswagen, who uses the frames and doors for the Volkswagen Touareg model. All other aspects of vehicle design, tuning, production are done in house at Porsche"

Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 PM
mikezlee is infamous around these parts
So when VW took over, they said they will stop producing the Cayenne in a few years because the Cayenne was supposedly "diluting" the Porsche brand. Now they're coming out with this. So what's the real story?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
$

(Cayenne's sell well is my guess)

Originally Posted by mikezlee
So when VW took over, they said they will stop producing the Cayenne in a few years because the Cayenne was supposedly "diluting" the Porsche brand. Now they're coming out with this. So what's the real story?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:34 PM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
I love it... but 2014 ?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
I find it hard to believe they would stop production on the Cayenne given it's been the best selling Porsche, only recently being topped by the Panamera in the US sometime last year.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 PM
mikezlee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by slw23
I find it hard to believe they would stop production on the Cayenne given it's been the best selling Porsche, only recently being topped by the Panamera in the US sometime last year.
I don't believe they will ax the Cayenne and Panamera either, but this was going around for a while, even at the peak of the Cayenne sales.

http://www.autoobserver.com/2009/08/...-takeover.html

Such is the report from Britain's Car magazine, which says a "massive U-turn in Porsche's product plan" resulting from the bitter VW boardroom triumph means Porsche will be forced to discontinue the Cayenne and Panamera after their product cycles are complete around seven years from now.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-v...-panamera.html

Although the Cayenne has been a huge money maker for Porsche, it really doesn’t fit in the automaker’s sports car theme. As such, Volkswagen’s board has decided to ax the Cayenne from Porsche’s product line after the next-generation of the SUV has run its course. An updated version of the Cayenne will bow for the 2011 model year, but no updates are expected thereafter.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
Interesting. I have not seen those articles before, thanks for sharing.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
real story is don't believe a single word that a businessman tells you.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:03 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Do not like the name. Make me think of food.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:40 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by awcayenne
Do not like the name. Make me think of food.
True,Crawfish and Zydeco popped into my mind when I heard the name for the first time

Old 03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
I love it... but 2014 ?
release time in europe is spring 2013, so i guess mid 2013 in the US.
starts as a 2-door version and maybe with 4 doors later on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Confirms Cajun SUV Production At Leipzig Plant