Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How bad am I going to miss my 997 Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:32 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
You after living without the 997.

But I totally understand your situation. Awhile ago I sold my Turbo because of business conditions. The car was paid for so it was more about making a statement then financial realities. When your situation changes, there will always be another Porsche out there to buy.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MarkusB1
hmm it sounds like perhaps your selling your 997 before the divorce may be misconstrued by the 'other side' and be used against you... another possible arrow through your heart.
ok you let go of your audi, i would think doing anything else might be used against you too... you might just want to not do anything until after everything goes down.
And i would assume your lawyer would have the most experience and the best advice in all of this.
good luck
I guess I was thinking that technically we're still together, so moving into a lease would make it harder for them to "take" the car from me, since I don't own it.

I'm not sure how that works. We own her $42k Odyssey outright... in the grand scheme of things I probably have about $40k of equity into the Turbo on the wholesale market (would be more obviously in a private sale)... so perhaps it's not that far off.

My problem is the practical aspect of it, which I'm trying to fix right now, but this car really doesn't fill all my needs. The trunk just doesn't fit all that much! lol

I think I'm going to go the used 4runner route unless my Porsche dealership can work some #'s on a Cayenne lease that make sense... then wait and see what happens next. Bottom line, I need something I can haul the kids and their stuff around in.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
As an owner of a 911 and a Cayenne (both older, but the same idea) I can tell you that they are very different in terms of the way they drive. They are both excellent, but very different. The Cayenne was my DD for 2 years before my wife took it as her DD. It is fast, luxurious and comfortable. I enjoyed it very much. That being said, there's no substitute for a 911, which is my current DD.

If I ever find myself needing more hauling capacity, I'll trade the 911 in and buy a Cayenne. However, I can't see a day when I won't have a 911 in the garage.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably get the Cayenne, knowing that I can and will get another 911 later.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Someone go slap this guy! Definitly go the 2 car route. Trading in that car is a bad idea. If you have to sell it private party. That sales guy is licking his chops right now. Good luck with whatever you decide. Once you've had boost I don't think you can go back.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
MarkusB1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I think I'm going to go the used 4runner route unless my Porsche dealership can work some #'s on a Cayenne lease that make sense... then wait and see what happens next. Bottom line, I need something I can haul the kids and their stuff around in.
sound practical and your intentions are good...
and from what people have been saying here is that porsche leasing numbers aren't very good.
and you keep your man car!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Speak with a divorce attorney ASAP.
He/she should be able to give you the proper advice.

Cars that you own: assets are then split whereas things financed:debt aren't looked a as something the other party wants.

Please speak to your attorney sooner than later just to get the specifics.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
Speak with a divorce attorney ASAP.
He/she should be able to give you the proper advice.

Cars that you own: assets are then split whereas things financed:debt aren't looked a as something the other party wants.

Please speak to your attorney sooner than later just to get the specifics.
Extremely good advice. I would also be very deliberate in choosing a matrimonial attorney. Get references from friends, business associates, etc.; in most cases, you get what you pay for. Whether the separation/divorce is amicable or not, you need top notch representation (especially when kids are involved) to ensure your rights are protected. I am sorry for your situation, but good luck in any event.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Extremely good advice. I would also be very deliberate in choosing a matrimonial attorney. Get references from friends, business associates, etc.; in most cases, you get what you pay for. Whether the separation/divorce is amicable or not, you need top notch representation (especially when kids are involved) to ensure your rights are protected. I am sorry for your situation, but good luck in any event.
Yeah, I've been attorney shopping for about 3 weeks now. Asking all my friends, etc etc. I've been busy moving and taking care of other matters as well, so it hasn't been the priority (that it should be).

Had a great day with the kids yesterday but I had to have her drop them off to me. I hated that.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned
ogomez79 is infamous around these parts
Don't sell the turbo.. get a second car you'll regret it otherwise!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Flame4ever is infamous around these parts
Keep the Turbo

>>hmm it sounds like perhaps your selling your 997 before the divorce may be misconstrued by the 'other side' and be used against you...<<

I agree, if you decide to sell or trade it in your "opponent" and her lawyer will want half the value of the vehicle at trade in time. Then they will assume if you have the money to get a new vehicle. you have more money to give them.

My opinion is to keep the 911 Turbo, believe me, when you get into one of those "depressed" moments (there will be some) there's no better therapy then to go for a drive in the 911 (even better when you drop the top).

My opinion again is if you need a truck, get the 4Runner for carrying the kids and stuff around, but for "personal time" drive the Turbo. You won't regret it.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:04 AM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
2 cars!

I miss my 98' 4runner sr5 ! We had a lot of fun in the mud.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Procera is infamous around these parts
Damn, sorry to hear about your situation, Volk. You had a brand new S4 and also a brand new 997 turbo cab and now you are minus the S4 and a divorce to boot. The Cayenne is huge and heavy if that is what you're after. I'm local to you. PM me if you wanna chat.

Last edited by Procera; 07-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:31 AM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
Keep your tt997 , y trade ?cayman s ?

Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Flame4ever
>>hmm it sounds like perhaps your selling your 997 before the divorce may be misconstrued by the 'other side' and be used against you...<<

I agree, if you decide to sell or trade it in your "opponent" and her lawyer will want half the value of the vehicle at trade in time. Then they will assume if you have the money to get a new vehicle. you have more money to give them.

My opinion is to keep the 911 Turbo, believe me, when you get into one of those "depressed" moments (there will be some) there's no better therapy then to go for a drive in the 911 (even better when you drop the top).

My opinion again is if you need a truck, get the 4Runner for carrying the kids and stuff around, but for "personal time" drive the Turbo. You won't regret it.
Thanks everyone... keeping the 997 for now and "borrowing" a friends '99 4runner for the kids. So far it's working out great.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Glad you stuck with the 2 car route - definitely my preference. Best of luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How bad am I going to miss my 997 Turbo Cab