Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

what% tint are you guys doing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 03:23 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
what% tint are you guys doing?

I am curious to know what % tints are you guys doing on the front? and are you guys also tinting the rear? I know from factory it is tinted but is anyone tinting that as well.

Raja

Old 04-16-2005, 04:17 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I have 35% front and 15-20% rear LOL!

Old 04-16-2005, 04:24 PM
ChosMister is infamous around these parts
35% front, and then 35% over factory on the rears, which comes out to be like a 23% tint. (I'm in school, I have a lot of time on my hands...)
Looks perfect!

Old 04-16-2005, 04:44 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
35% all around on the TT (see sig)...
Not sure whats on G but I like tint light so people can see interior

Old 04-17-2005, 06:16 AM
TheTKDKid is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know what type of tint to use on the passenger and drivers door to perfectly match the factory tint? Summer is coming and I need to get this done.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
5% all the way around! You could have sex in my car, and no one would know, providing the car wasn't rocking. (trust me on that one, ok?) I haven't been harassed about it yet, and it's been over two years.

It's dark as hell when you first get it, but you get used to it. It keeps the car pretty cool during the day.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:32 AM
LaCayenne59 is infamous around these parts
I have 15% all around, and i love it. 5% is basically all black, and 35% you can still see in. On 15% the only way you would be able to see inside is when the light is directly shining on the window.

Ive gotten one ticket in LA, and Ive been pulled over once in Beverly Hills but gotten away with a warning. I decided to pay the fine on my ticket and leave the tints unfixed.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
You can get a Doctor letter that says you have a sensitive skin. I am going to do that

Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 AM
LaCayenne59 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DEETZ
You can get a Doctor letter that says you have a sensitive skin. I am going to do that
Hey deetz,

I actually had a friend of mine try to do that here in Los Angeles, but the rules have just gotten to strict, and the judge would not have any of it.

He went to coart after getting a ticket for his tints with a doctors note, his tints were 5% btw. From what I understand that judge basically pointed out to him in the rule book, that if he wanted protection, he needed to install some sort of removable protection such as roll up shades.

Im not sure how the rules are in Boston, but maybe you should just give it a try. It really sucks when your always paranoid when you see a cop for you tints. I just roll my front windows down when I see a one in sight.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
20% all around is the perfect medium I've found

Old 04-20-2005, 10:25 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
I will try to get tint this week.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:23 AM
TheTKDKid is infamous around these parts
Tint shop recommendation in NJ?

Can anyone recommend a good tint shop in central NJ? Someone who knows how to treat a high end vehicle? The last time I got a car tinted (SVT Cobra), when I went to pick up my car, the interior and exterior of the doors were covered in the solution they use to affix the tint to the windows. When I went inside to speak with the manager, I was confronted by 2 18 year old gear heads who basically told me to get the *&^% out, and actually thought that by invading my personal space, they could intimidate me.

Although I quickly resolved the situation to my satisfaction (100% refund, and 2 properly respectful young men completely embarassed by their physical short comings), I would prefer not to go through that again, as the legal risks in handling such situations are too great. The sad thing is, when I got the vehicle home, and cleaned it up, the tint job looked pretty good. A week later, when things had properly aged, I had a really nice tint job that was free! It only took me 15 minutes or so to clean the car up. Pretty sad that they couldn't have done that themselves!

Last edited by TheTKDKid; 04-21-2005 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:07 PM
sorry, not familiar with the NJ area but if u were in DC i could tell you where to go. i am getting mine done tomorrow.

Raja

Old 04-25-2005, 02:03 PM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by alexWS6
20% all around is the perfect medium I've found
agreed

Old 04-25-2005, 02:18 PM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
Do the cops ever make fun of you when they say your tints are too dark and you reply:
I have sensitive Skin?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what% tint are you guys doing?