Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Green fluid dripping slowly from left front tire front mud flap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:59 PM
lbredefe is infamous around these parts
Cool Green fluid dripping slowly from left front tire front mud flap

i came out yesterday morning to my 06 CS to find a green stain about the size of a fist on the pavement. thought it was weird, but took the car out so i could watch it drip upon returning. i was not disappointed. From the inside corner of the left front mud flap (front side of the wheel) it was slowly dripping a very transparent green fluid. i touched it only to find it was very thin, and I have no idea what it is. I was told there is no green fluid in an 06 Cayenne S. I did however add green rain-x washer fluid. could the hose that connects to the left front headlight washer be leaking? has anyone heard of this? the car sits out in the driveway everyday and it has been very very hot here. the car is silver, so i didnt think it would be getting to hugely scorching temperatures, but maybe a seal came loose on this? I have been experiencing NO other problems or warnings on the dash. no demon exclamation points or anything.

i read on another forum someone said the power steering fluid can be green? is this true? it wasnt oily though. I just dont know. COuld use the expertise of all the porsche community on here for this one... thank you all in advance.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Do a search on here for:

Can someone identify this leak?

I'd post a link to it but I can't from my phone. Read through it all. It's likely washer fluid. I have the same issue.

Mama

Old 08-07-2011, 02:09 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Sounds like the headllight washer typical leak. While my engine was out, they found the washer jet line and another line were pretty cracked and replaced.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
I would guess washer fluid as well. The power steering does use green pentosin CHF11S, but if it wasn't oily, then that isn't it. That stuff is super slick, smells bad, tastes bad, and is hard to get off your hands, lol. It is also on the left side, but behind the driver's front wheel.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:52 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
My washer leak showed both the front and back on driver's side. I thought it was the Coolant pipes slowing letting go at first.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 PM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
i am experiencing the same issue
are these windshield washer lines easy to replace?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
s4treg is infamous around these parts
So not a Cayenne, but I had this same issue on a E55. In short a rubber hose that connected to a washer reservoir/pump had gotten old and slid off, thus I just had an open nipple.

Pull back the wheel well line, ironically that's where it was on the E55 too (in the wheel well) and assess what's started to leak. 99% of the people on the E55, myself included, went to AutoZone and purchased new piece of rubber hose for under $4 and fixed it.

Here was the part we used. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=426017_0_0_

Hopefully you can just replace the tubing as well and it's not the entire pump.

Last edited by s4treg; 07-04-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM
c4sjohn is infamous around these parts
Clean power steering oil is green in color also. The power steering tank is located above the left front wheel and could have a loose cap....

Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
It is most commonly the "pressure cylinder" (the part that pushes the headlight washer out), or the washer jet itself that leaks.