Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
thor7000 is infamous around these parts
Tire suggestions

Got an 06 CS Titanium Edition and currently have Toyo tires on it, been pretty happy with them so far but will need to replace soon. Just wondering what other owners are getting and what price range??

Thanks,

Old 08-15-2011, 04:31 PM
lbredefe is infamous around these parts
Wink

Hi...

I have used pirelli scorpion zero assmetrico (oem issue) and have had great grip with them but they wear quickly. 20k miles max.

Currently I have on 4 Vredestein ULTRAC sessanta's.

LOVE THEM and love the look of the tread pattern and sidewall design. very concept car-ish. they run 508 a pair off of ebay. did well in the snow last winter and have superior grip in the summer and rain.

I also have used and my personal favorite for winter, Continental DWS extreme pro contact. those are $230 each off of the internet

I have seen the pirelli p-zero rosso's as well. havent used them though. I really prefer the a-semetrical tread patterns.

if you have any other questions or more specific ones, please dont hesitate.

Lance

Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Please call me. I'm happy to help.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lbredefe
Hi...

I have used pirelli scorpion zero assmetrico (oem issue) and have had great grip with them but they wear quickly. 20k miles max.

Currently I have on 4 Vredestein ULTRAC sessanta's.

LOVE THEM and love the look of the tread pattern and sidewall design. very concept car-ish. they run 508 a pair off of ebay. did well in the snow last winter and have superior grip in the summer and rain.

I also have used and my personal favorite for winter, Continental DWS extreme pro contact. those are $230 each off of the internet

I have seen the pirelli p-zero rosso's as well. havent used them though. I really prefer the a-semetrical tread patterns.

if you have any other questions or more specific ones, please dont hesitate.

Lance

Im running the vredestein also. 295 35 21. These tires are AWESOME. I can tell already that they are going to last at least twice as long as the continental cross contact. Very good looking, very tough rubber compound while being sticky. I am extremely happy with them.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM
06CayenneTurboS is infamous around these parts
I may go for Vredesteins, but I wonder about the ride comfort as they have firm sidewalls. I would like my CTTS to be a daily driver including long road trips. I may try 275 45 20.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 PM
lbredefe is infamous around these parts
youll be glad you did. they are sexy as hell on mine.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
dimf is infamous around these parts
currently have Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas (205/35/22) as well, the ride is much better than my previous set of Pirelli Assimetrico 295/30/22.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Gian124 is infamous around these parts
definitely contact Tire Rack... I get all of my tires from them, they have extensive reviews and knowledge.

In some sizes, you are limited to what is available. For example, when I last replaced the tires on my CTT, tires for the OEM 20" rims were sold out in nearly every brand because the size was common among SUVs. I settled on Yokohama Advan S4 all-season... they are a decent tire, but compared to the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s I have on my BMW M6 & my Track car... they don't have the same dry grip & cornering, but they have good wear resistance and are an all-around decent tire at a significantly lower price point. I don't push my Cayenne as hard as my other vehicles, so when I purchased tires I went with the best option at the time rather than wait on back-ordered tires to ship to distributers.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I have Continental DWS on my 20s. They are the best tire I've had on the Cayenne since it was new.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Give "Damon" at TireRack a call--very knowledgeable and a great guy to talk to!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dennis C
I have Continental DWS on my 20s. They are the best tire I've had on the Cayenne since it was new.
Thats because you havent tried the vredestein. Too bad the Tire Rack doest carry them. But Group A motorsports in New York does, and they have the best prices in the country. 280 each for the 295-35-21, you cant buy that tire in ANY brand for less than 380.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 AM
tooch is infamous around these parts
The Vredestein ULTRAC sessanta's 275/40/20. Are these summer tires or all-season like the Continental DWS ?