Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Disadvantages on Fabspeed cat bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy
See my signature for other mods to the Cayenne. I will be adding a meth/water injection kit for added cooling rather than upgrading to (marginally) better Turbo S intercoolers which would cost $3k at least installed. I will then be flashing ECU with EVOMS ECT600 tune meant for Turbo S and running a 32 oz can of Torco in every tank for a little added insurance (brings a tank of 93 to 97 octane).
Nice. I have just ordered the softronic tune for my Turbo S given the ease of installation and ability to upgrade- used the durametrics cable previously on my 996tt that was tuned by Tod Knighton .and hence have decided to go back down the same route The turbo s acceleration was disappointing at a recent track day and I need to get it going harder. Sorry for the ot.

Last edited by Harold; 08-28-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pippuri
Guys, planned to get loud and get rid off the first cat with the replacement pipe from Fabspeed. Any known issues of this mod? My Cayenne S is a daily driver. Thanks for your comments,
Pekka
Hey Pippuri, the 2ndary Catbypass pipes are an easy and simple way to improve the Cayenne's Power and sound, without affecting drive-ability, warranty or emissions. They are an easy 1.5 hour install and require simple tools that you can do in the comfort of your own home. We offer Primary Sport Cats and Catbypass pipes for the Cayenne Turbo only and I only recommend doing them if you are also doing the ECU Flash to ensure proper engine tuning and no CE lights. Let me know if you have any questions and if you are interested in doing the bypass pipes, PM and I will offer you a nice member discount on them.
thanks,

Old 09-22-2011, 01:50 PM
B_P
B_P is infamous around these parts
I have an 05 CTT, and I keep seeing that the Fabspeed Bypass (with no ECM upgrade) will result in less horse power then stock. is this true? can someone confrim the HP gain or loss.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:36 AM
capitalst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Have it on my 2011 CTT, no issues. Better sound and more power with less turbo lag.

I’m thinking of of doing this mod but still want the stock loudness at idle and driving. Will this make it a lot louder?

Last edited by capitalst; 08-31-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:15 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Still very civilized exhaust sounds cruising around town. Just better rumble. Also when I sold it, I put stock pipes back on and damn what a difference. Turbo lag was crazy bad.