Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Disadvantages on Fabspeed cat bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Pippuri is infamous around these parts
Disadvantages on Fabspeed cat bypass

Guys, planned to get loud and get rid off the first cat with the replacement pipe from Fabspeed. Any known issues of this mod? My Cayenne S is a daily driver. Thanks for your comments,
Pekka

Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
crowland is infamous around these parts
I think Fabspeed finally put hangers on their pipes- so that issue averted, finally...

I went with these guys for my 06TTS
http://leistungmotorsports.com/

I would give them a look- Rob has been excellent to work with. They build their products right from the start and I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Have it on my 2011 CTT, no issues. Better sound and more power with less turbo lag.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Have it on my 2011 CTT, no issues. Better sound and more power with less turbo lag.
Actually I have the sharkwerks bypass, but cant imagine there is a big difference.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have the Fabspeed on my '11 CTT. +1 on what zzzspeed said. Since Evoms (I have their ecu on my CTT) sells cat bypass pipes and Fabspeed sells the Evoms ECU, Evoms pipes are probably made by Fabspeed.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:24 PM
toptier is infamous around these partstoptier is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crowland
I think Fabspeed finally put hangers on their pipes- so that issue averted, finally...

I went with these guys for my 06TTS
http://leistungmotorsports.com/

I would give them a look- Rob has been excellent to work with. They build their products right from the start and I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship.
I have the same, couldn't be happier.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:55 PM
smalone01 is infamous around these parts
Put mine on yesterday, bought them form Leistung Motorsports. The fit was ok, had to flare out the end so it would have a tighter fit in the clamp. Their shipping time was really slow but could tell a difference in turbo lag as well. I would think they would all have the same effect, its just a pipe that can only be shaped one way.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM
smalone01 is infamous around these parts
I just noticed you said "first cat" . I installed the secondary cat bypass. I havent even seen the first cat bypass.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Everyone only does secondary cat by pass. No primary cat by pass....

Old 08-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Pippuri is infamous around these parts
So true Harold, secondary is right, thanks.

Thanks also for encouraging comments everyone.

Anyone having issues with some resonance at highway speed?

How about impacts on the co2 levels (measured in the yearly inspection)? Already high though...

Old 08-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Pippuri
So true Harold, secondary is right, thanks.

Thanks also for encouraging comments everyone.

Anyone having issues with some resonance at highway speed?

How about impacts on the co2 levels (measured in the yearly inspection)? Already high though...
No problem mate. As for resonance- you have nothing to worry about at part throttle or cruising highway speeds. It's a perfect mod.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:51 AM
s4twin is infamous around these parts
I just ordered my bypass pipes from Leistung Motorsports for my 05 TT. The fit was a 9.5/10 (had to slightly bend one of the hangers, a 30 second fix) and for $420 shipped it's not a bad deal. I would definitely order from Leistung Motorsports again!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Harold
Everyone only does secondary cat by pass. No primary cat by pass....
My supersprint primary cat bypass is on order.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy
My supersprint primary cat bypass is on order.
You are absolutely right to indicate that primary pipes can be done for the car... An exhaust guy can make these pipes as they did the secondary by pass pipes for me, but the key pain will be that you will be puking fuel out your exhausts and leaving stains in your garage at start up each morning. By doing a by pass on the primary cats I assume that supersprint has sorted the potential for error codes? Why not go with a different muffler first for more sound or are you looking at a fully straight through system in the end?

Last edited by Harold; 08-28-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:58 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Harold
You are absolutely right to indicate that primary pipes can be done for the car... An exhaust guy can make these pipes as they did the secondary by pass pipes for me, but the key pain will be that you will be puking fuel out your exhausts and leaving stains in your garage at start up each morning. By doing a by pass on the primary cats I assume that supersprint has sorted the potential for error codes? Why not go with a different muffler first for more sound or are you looking at a fully straight through system in the end?
See my signature for other mods to the Cayenne. I will be adding a meth/water injection kit for added cooling rather than upgrading to (marginally) better Turbo S intercoolers which would cost $3k at least installed. I will then be flashing ECU with EVOMS ECT600 tune meant for Turbo S and running a 32 oz can of Torco in every tank for a little added insurance (brings a tank of 93 to 97 octane).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Disadvantages on Fabspeed cat bypass