Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Dowtown Porsche L.A. experience.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by j080808
Could be they thought you may export the car.

I had a similar experience when buying one out of state. We negotiated the deal quickly, told them I was going to fly down that weekend to get it and they called and said "we wont sell you the car" and to "buy it from your local dealer". I was blown away! They looked at my linkedin profile and saw I was in trucking, that with the fact I was a cash buyer, out of state and no trade was enough to spook them. I actually had to convince them who I was before they agreed to sell me the car. They then explained why they turned me down, should it get exported, they lose an allotment and they werent prepared to have that happen since they were burned 5 times in the past.

There are 2 Porsche dealers in my town. One dealer 3 is blocks from my house but they didnt have anything in stock and werent interested in my business when I told them I was ready to buy quickly. The other dealer didnt have anything either. Its too bad for my local dealer, I ended up purchasing a black Cayenne and then bought a white one, both at 5% off with no issues.
If that was the case, then they should have said that, and we could have provided extra documentation, but that was never said, they flat out said, we didn't live within their "sales" zone and didn't want to sale us a car. This has been confirmed by 3 employees there, 2 sales managers(Victor and Kenny) and a salesman(Steve).

They made that crystal clear, never was exporting brought up. Like was stated in other post, they told us straight up they don't sale to customers that live closer to other Porsche dealers.

Again if they could be honest and talk straight I wouldn't have an issue. This isn't 10+ years ago where people couldn't find out the truth fairly easy via the internet.

Last edited by VinceV; 08-30-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VinceV
If that was the case, then they should have said that, and we could have provided extra documentation, but that was never said, they flat out said, we didn't live within their "sales" zone and didn't want to sale us a car. This has been confirmed by 3 employees there, 2 sales managers(Victor and Kenny) and a salesman(Steve).

They made that crystal clear, never was exporting brought up. Like was stated in other post, they told us straight up they don't sale to customers that live closer to other Porsche dealers.

Again if they could be honest and talk straight I wouldn't have an issue. This isn't 10+ years ago where people couldn't find out the truth fairly easy via the internet.
I agree, just trying to help by relaying what happened to me.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by j080808
I agree, just trying to help by relaying what happened to me.
I appreciate the help, thank you.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by VinceV
Here is something that Victor did tell me, that if I was already a Porsche owner they would sell me a car no problem, but since this would be our 1st, then they couldn't. Messed up part is the reason we were gonna buy from them is that they are just a 4 miles up the road from our family business, and that would be convenient for us for service and other issues.
To me, this says they were worried about exporting, my dealer told me the same thing.

Keep in mind, if they ran your credit through Porsche Financial, your credit has been run once and wont need to be run again when/if you buy from a different dealer.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:46 PM
UPDATE!!!

Well today I went in to see WTF happened, and I start talking to a Sales Manager(Keni) who had talked to my Wife yesterday. I introduce myself and start asking what the issue was, he straight up told me that they were afraid we were going to export the car as we are Texas residents, even though we have a place out here in L.A..

I told him that I had no problems with this stance, but I didn't appreciate the fact that the Victor had flat out lied to me, and that it could have been handled better. Victor by the way was not there when I was.

They agreed without ever saying Victor was in the wrong, and after some more talking, they wanted to know if we still wanted the car. I asked my Wife and she said she still did as we had been hunting that exact setup for a bit.

Long story short, we bought the car and pick it up tomorrow. They honored our previous price(that was extremely good), and were nothing but nice and very attentive since I walked in, before they knew what I was there for.

They asked me to please don't be too harsh on the consumer satisfaction survey they always send after you buy a car, and I said that I would comment on my experience at the dealership as I was treated with nothing but professional and courteous service.

So tomorrow I go pick up our new Cayenne, and am looking forward to a romp this weekend to Vegas to break it in.

Last edited by VinceV; 08-31-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Very glad to hear that. Even though Victor was always nice to me I felt better dealing with Keni. One thing is for sure of this dealership, they discount and give better deals then most other porsche dealers. Keni was going to give me 13k off a gt3rs that was msrp at 159k, or 5k off any TTS that I wanted to have built. All other dealers were only offering 1500 off for the tts and very little discount for the 3rs.
Enjoy your car, which model did you get and what options.
PICS please.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:05 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
I'm glad it all worked out. I still really don't understand why the BS, running your credit, etc. vs just being forthcoming with you? Very, very strange.

All's well that ends well. Congrats, would love to see pics and the option list when you have a chance.

BTW- it's HOT in Vegas and amateur wknd (though not as bad a Memorial Day), be safe! I'm getting outta dodge and heading to LA for the weekend for a little football!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Very glad to hear that. Even though Victor was always nice to me I felt better dealing with Keni. One thing is for sure of this dealership, they discount and give better deals then most other porsche dealers. Keni was going to give me 13k off a gt3rs that was msrp at 159k, or 5k off any TTS that I wanted to have built. All other dealers were only offering 1500 off for the tts and very little discount for the 3rs.
Enjoy your car, which model did you get and what options.
PICS please.
I ended up getting a Cayenne S

I'll just cut and paste the options, and get some pics up when I get the car. Two things I didn't want, 1 was the panoramic live in West Texas and visit Arizona and L.A. a lot, had no desire for a big window on a 118 degree day. The other was (gasp!!!) Air suspension, I know everyone here loves it, but I didn't as every car I have ever owned with it at some point it fails, and I don't want to deal with it out of warranty.

Plus I think here many confuse PASM with Air suspension for the ride ,my opinion, but my car, lol.

7X8 - ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear
3S5 - Roof Rails with Molding-Black
9VL - BOSE(R) Surround Sound System
7D7 - Six-Disc CD/DVD Auto-Changer
QV4 - SiriusXM(TM) Sat Radio Tuner
PU6 - BOSE(R) Audio Package
8EA - Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights w/PDLS
7T1 - PCM with Navigation Module
6XT - Automatically Dimming Exterior
4L6 - Auto Dimming Interior Rearview
PU2 - Premium Package
9MB - Dimmable Interior LED Lighting
7B6 - 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center
CZ4 - 21" 911 Turbo II Whl w/Arch Ex
3PN - Memory Package for Electricall
2C4 - Memory Package for Electric St
Q2J - 14-way Power Seats-Memory Pkg
PE5 - 14-way Power Seats-Memory Pkg
ZNC - Camera Delayed Functionality
4A3 - Heated Front Seats
3Y8 - ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind
2ZH - Heated3-spokeMultifuncSW
1D6 - TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint
1BZ - PASM
QJ4 - ExteriorPackageHigh-glossBlack
PP6 - Light Comfort Package with Mem

Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Good job VinceV.

Interesting about the satisfaction survey, they always mention it. I received the satisfaction survey like usual a week or so after I took delivery. About 4-6 weeks after delivery I received a 1 question survey from PNA "are you completely satisfied with your new vehicle", you could answer yes or no and that was it. I put "no" because my car is white and I found some obvious paint flaws under the clearcoat. Within 10 minutes of submitting the survey my sales guy called and asked what the problem was.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I bought my CTT from Downtown LA a few months ago. Had it shipped to the east coast.

I dealt with a couple of the names listed here.

There was definitely some confusion and unnecessary frustration in the process, however, in the end they came through.

I am very happy with my purchase.

The deal was done via internet and phone as well.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Horay, I love happy ending

Congrat on your new Cayenne!

Ceramic tint the panoramic glass, it works well for us.

Last edited by kw911TT; 08-31-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:01 PM
2012CV6 is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

The exporting fears are VERY legit and Porsche USA is VERY strict on it.

Last edited by 2012CV6; 09-01-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
2012CV6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kw911TT
Horay, I love happy ending

Congrat on your new Cayenne!

Ceramic tint the panoramic glass, it works well for us.
A little off topic, but what is ceramic tint? I have a new CV6 coming with Pano roof...for heat reflection I assume?

Trev

Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by 2012CV6
A little off topic, but what is ceramic tint? I have a new CV6 coming with Pano roof...for heat reflection I assume?

Trev
Correct, ceramic tint is supposed to reflect the rays better. My installer had a heat lamp set-up in his waiting room. Under the heat lamp was a pane of glass, one half had regular tint, the other had ceramic tint. The amount of heat felt on the skin under the pane was far less on the ceramic side. Ceramic was more expensive at my installer.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2012CV6

Trev
Hey Trev, most tint blocks UV ray and IR ray. Ceramic and Diamond tint blocks more IR ray which reduce the heat coming into the car.

Diamond Cut IR Nano Tint- rejects 94% of infrared rays

Conventional tint at 30%-40% and ceramic tints at 70%-80%

Last edited by kw911TT; 09-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dowtown Porsche L.A. experience.