Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Why so many Cayenne S with Turbo look?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Why so many Cayenne S with Turbo look?

Just curious why there are so many out there.

Not my business to tell anyone what to do with their money, cars etc so don't think I am. I'm just curious and I'd love to hear the reasons if anyone is willing to share.

What I am saying is that for the cost of the body kits, shipping, painting, installation etc I am sure one has the means to have gotten the Turbo. Also in some cases if you option up a Cayenne S to the level of options that a Turbo has it costs as much or MORE than a Turbo!

Is it for resale ability of the S over the Turbo? (I find that hard to believe with a large amount of mods)

Is it for gas mileage or insurance reasons?

In other words, why not get the Turbo to start and have a great engine to back up those killer looks!

Just wondering...

Old 04-24-2005, 10:05 AM
NA1-T is infamous around these parts
Personally , I don't think SUV needs that much power .
If I drive fast , I would drive my TT .

Jut for the Look .

Old 04-24-2005, 10:07 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
well, for one thing the Turbo was in the low 90s ; the S was in the mid 60s. 30k price difference. Yes, the body kit and all will add up. But even if we were to get the CT we would end up spending another 15-20k in mods, pushing it in the 6 figures. For me I can't just have one or two cars. So i had to budget out how much I wanted to spend for this particular project. I chose my CS based on that. And we all envy the turbo look, so we are all getting it done. I am soon to do it as soon as my wheels come in; if they ever do.

The gas/insurance/resale I did not take into consideration. I don't think the difference is all that much IMHO. I get about 9mpg on my car. If i was getting 6 with the CT, i don't think i would be crying. Insurance was only 200$ more per year.

my 2 cents.
Raja

Old 04-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
I never thought I was going to mod my car . Thats why I got an S

Old 04-24-2005, 01:14 PM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
Because it looks Cool

I know its stupid to spend so much money and really see no performance but when you go out in Jamy or Deetz Cayenne and allo the girls point at you. You park and when you come back to get your car there is a crowd checking it out, then you go back to your cayenne(stock) and you suddenly really really want to mod it

I loved my Cayenne, I loved the looks, until I saw it could get better. Go to techart.de or Gemballa.com and check out how much better those cars look, and how agressive their kits are that you start wanting them, sure its stupid and throwing money into a pit, but hey at least your not unoriginal and they look cool.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think that people that bought the S, planned on the turbo look when they bought it. Had they had the forthought that they would be spending so much on body mods, they probably would have made the turbo decison, imho. I love my turbo and I had an S. It's a totally different driving experience/rush...

Old 04-25-2005, 12:02 AM
NA1-T is infamous around these parts
I order all the TA parts before I even pick up my S .

To me , Mod is a ( Must ) , no matter what car I bought I have to modifly it . I just don't think Turbo SUV is really that necessary.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Cayenne328 is infamous around these parts
the turbo front just looks too good. All cayenne should come with it. Well not, all but mine should