Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Possibly getting a 04 CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Possibly getting a 04 CTT

Hey all,
well I think I may have found one that I like and the price is not too bad. It does have high miles, but the condition is great and all the service records are there and have been completed, including, the coolant pipes. The TSM is not functioning, but not really a big deal to me. Anything else I should check? It's Not leaking anything, air suspension works, drives straight, no rattles (which I was surprised b/c of the miles). No dings/dents or body damage. What else should I be looking at? Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit: What would I do to make sure all the 4 wheel diff stuff is working?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
whats the miles/price? I'm curious what you consider to be a good deal. It sounds like you have some concerns, which are valid. Make sure you don't settle for the right sounding "deal" and really inspect the car and make a wise decision. I almost bought mine too quick and ended up with a less expensive, higher mile'd CTT but waited it out for the perfect one, even though it was a hair more expensive. Good luck with your search, they are great rigs.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinister05CTT
whats the miles/price? I'm curious what you consider to be a good deal. It sounds like you have some concerns, which are valid. Make sure you don't settle for the right sounding "deal" and really inspect the car and make a wise decision. I almost bought mine too quick and ended up with a less expensive, higher mile'd CTT but waited it out for the perfect one, even though it was a hair more expensive. Good luck with your search, they are great rigs.
119k/$22K. Actually, I was surprised how smooth and w/out rattles it was when I drove it. I would love to get low mile, but with those...I've seen many that have not had the coolant pipes completed...and that's another $1500-1800 on top. And the price jumps up considerably with something like with 50-70K miles....$30K ish.

I checked everything that I could...I'll get underneath and check the carrier bearing to see if has been replaced (I assume it has with the miles it has).

I pm'd you, but not sure if you got it. IF I get one..I want to do a few mods...primary cat delete and secondary and exhaust..How you liking yours with mods? Thanks!!!
Scott

Old 09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Scott,

A cheap Cayenne may well be the most expensive vehicle you've ever owned.. *

* = (Stolen from my own statement to the same effect on a BMW M3 forum about BMW M3's..)

That pretty much goes double for a turbo IMHO.

Fixing stuff on the beasties isn't cheap at all, even if you were a Porsche mechanic. Parts prices are pretty much in the stratosphere ($3,000 for an out of date PCM?)

In the end - you end up paying the same amount of $$ and still own a car with a limited resale value due to the miles on it. No one really pays for repairs when they buy a used car. While one with the coolant pipes may have cost $1,800 to have the job done - only a knowledgeable buyer is going to know the value of this, and is likely to think it's worth something more - but not $1,800 more.

A suggestion - keep looking. Wait until gas prices spike again - vehicles that consume massive quantities of fuel tend to get really cheap then.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Don,
"A cheap Cayenne may well be the most expensive vehicle you've ever owned."
haha I like that, but d@mn..I drove the beast, it was great and not gonna lie..I like it. lol.

In my own experience..I've seen cars with low miles that have been beat to hell...and the opposite of that, high miles, well maintained and taken care of very reliable. One owner car that was traded in for another Cayenne in this case.

In some ways in regards to the Cayenne (would be my first one)..I'm thinking if it hasn't broke by now...it might not break?? haha I know that's a little naive to say that but...

Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 AM
smalone01 is infamous around these parts
I would check this out. Updated all coolant pipes, trans valve body, and suspension compressor. Very clean.
http://www.malonesauto.com/web/used/...orgia/1658335/

Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 AM
paulycw is infamous around these parts
Did it have the 120K service, which I believe is a major service.

Also make sure the brakes are in good shape, or price in up to $2000 for front and rear rotor/pads if done at the dealer.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM
yea, checked all the service records this morning, 100k and 120K service completed. The transfer valve body solenoid was replaced, but not sure about the valve body itself. There were tons of records on the car. Is the valve body a pretty common issue? Because if so...I bet it was.

One thing is that the green little tack with arrow (I think its the cruise control stays on all the time). Does it turn off? or does that light stay there?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:21 PM
TO: PowderJay....I can't pm you back because I'm still a newb..<15 posts. lol

Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Guys I got my CTT! Its great, drives smooth, and the power is great, even coming from someone who has had some high horsepower cars. Knock on wood that everything goes good and that I have no major issues with it.

I am thinking of a few mods after I think everything is good:
primary and secondary cat delete and then local tune (no worries about passing emissions within the county)
Exhaust
Intakes
Bovs
Lowering module
Wheels/tires for summer (right now it has winter tires)
Eventually, maybe some turbo upgrades, but we'll see.

This is a great ride for the value... 20K's, maybe someday soon I can pick me up a new one

Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
06CayenneTurboS is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Congrats. Where in Colorado are you?

Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM
zzzx is infamous around these parts
congrats!
I'd change all the fluid and filters, engine oil, ATF, diffs, transfer case. maybe new tires and brakes. and the belts. oh, and the coils and the plugs.
and then enjoy it.
I paid $20k for my 04 CTT with 100k miles at that time in summer. really love it! coolant pipes were upgrated by the previous owner but the T gave up shortly after I owned it.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Cole
Congrats. Where in Colorado are you?
Thanks! I'm in Denver. What about you?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by zzzx
congrats!
I'd change all the fluid and filters, engine oil, ATF, diffs, transfer case. maybe new tires and brakes. and the belts. oh, and the coils and the plugs.
and then enjoy it.
I paid $20k for my 04 CTT with 100k miles at that time in summer. really love it! coolant pipes were upgrated by the previous owner but the T gave up shortly after I owned it.
Alot of the maintenance has all ready been completed, oil plugs, brakes, ATF. But I'll look into the diffs for sure.

I'm hoping the tranny doesn't take a dump on me, that would suck. Thanks for the advice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Possibly getting a 04 CTT