Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Intake and Secondary bypass on the way! Sound and HP gains?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Intake and Secondary bypass on the way! Sound and HP gains?

Hey guys, just picked up some bypass pipes and intake kit for my 04 CTT. So how much power increase am I looking at? Will the butt dyno notice?

Also what about sound? Do the intakes make a difference in sound? What about the bypass pipes? I'm still running the stock catback exhaust at this time. Cant wait to get that stuff installed!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Hey guys, just picked up some bypass pipes and intake kit for my 04 CTT. So how much power increase am I looking at? Will the butt dyno notice?

Also what about sound? Do the intakes make a difference in sound? What about the bypass pipes? I'm still running the stock catback exhaust at this time. Cant wait to get that stuff installed!
Put both on mine, the sound is awesome suckin intakes and blowing pipes, not much for hp though, sounds louder so you will be putting your foot into more, go the a tune if already don't have one. Nice upgrades however

Old 10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
your going to love em.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
oh man, cant wait...thinking of having a muffler shop put some hiflow mufflers in there just for good measure too! Thinking some straight through magnaflows would sound pretty good.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
bonemechanic is infamous around these parts
Sound is better but HP not a impressive increase. If you need 20% to make your butt dyno feel the dif you need a increase of 80+hp. You may get 15 or so.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 AM
yea I figured. Ultimately I'd like to complete a primary cat delete and tune as well. I'd be happy with that I think

Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 PM
khairo82 is infamous around these parts
o3evo111..
i did install bypass and k&n filters on my CS and magnaflow instlled, sounds great .. but i guess on a turbo it will sound way better,,
let me know how it goes..

Old 10-19-2011, 04:26 AM
ez1973 is infamous around these partsez1973 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cuemaster
your going to love em.
+1

I have an 04 CTT also, and just installing the bypass pipes made a huge difference in the sound - MUCH better. It really does growl more and sounds meaner. The intake is another worthy upgrade. It really lets you hear the turbos "breathing". To really take advantage of those mods you will need a tune. That's where you're going to feel the biggest difference in the "butt dyno".

I just ordered a Leistung dual rear exhaust to complete my setup. Once it arrives I'm going to post some pics and sound clips. Can't wait!!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 AM
underpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond repute
You will notice the intakes more when the windows are closed you can really hear them sucking. Also your diverter valves you will now hear.

I didn't put my bypass pipes on yet will after I take it back to the dealer. I have tubi exhaust and it sounds great.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ez1973
+1

I have an 04 CTT also, and just installing the bypass pipes made a huge difference in the sound - MUCH better. It really does growl more and sounds meaner. The intake is another worthy upgrade. It really lets you hear the turbos "breathing". To really take advantage of those mods you will need a tune. That's where you're going to feel the biggest difference in the "butt dyno".

I just ordered a Leistung dual rear exhaust to complete my setup. Once it arrives I'm going to post some pics and sound clips. Can't wait!!
same here, cant wait to install this stuff! I ordered the Leistung bypass pipes and intake kit....I heard they are developing a more aggressive exhaust for the CTT. We'll see. Make sure you post some pics and vids if possible!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by underpressure02
You will notice the intakes more when the windows are closed you can really hear them sucking. Also your diverter valves you will now hear.

I didn't put my bypass pipes on yet will after I take it back to the dealer. I have tubi exhaust and it sounds great.
Are you still running stock blow off valves? I'm thinking of upgrading pretty soon. I wonder if aftermarket valves are louder, may not be because of the factory routing.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 PM
scuderiavw is infamous around these parts
It will be a very noticeable and enjoyable upgrade.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Getting everything after work and should be on later tonight as well! I'll take pics of the install and after I'm done. Looking forward to my pissed off sounding Cayenne! lol