Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Steering wheel for CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up New Steering wheel for CTT

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a picture of my new steering wheel from one of the vendors here on 6speed.

I'm totally loving the driving experience even more now. This is the steering wheel the Cayenne Turbo should have came with!

Pros: thicker, sporty grips at 10 and 2, great quality
Cons: loss of heated steering wheel function (its kept in the garage anyway)

I purchased the extra thick leather wrapped wheel from DCT MS in Moutain View, California. I highly recommend them!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Deal with Ivan from DCT many times, great product and awesome person!

Great looking steering wheel

Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
That looks great! I want one. You mind me asking what you paid for that? Do they have a website? Thanks!!

never mind, I think I found the website

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 11-12-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:50 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Here's the link to Ivan's website: http://www.dctms.com/Products.html

Here's the thread I reviewed prior to purchasing:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ade-today.html

Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 AM
scuderiavw is infamous around these parts
looks great actually. I have been thinking about the Alcantara or silver cf. Do you guys think silver cf would look cheap on beige interior?

Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Between your two choices, I'd go Alcantara.

I have the beige interior also. I didn't like the silver cf look/feel. Just my opinion. I would go for the Alcantara or leather! I'm always impressed by those GT3 alcantara stock wheels!

Alcantara looks and feels great, but I do hear that they wear down quite easily over time.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:03 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Between your two choices, I'd go Alcantara.

I have the beige interior also. I didn't like the silver cf look/feel. Just my opinion. I would go for the Alcantara or leather! I'm always impressed by those GT3 alcantara stock wheels!

Alcantara looks and feels great, but I do hear that they wear down quite easily over time.
Agreed, alcantara looks the best...and really should last a while as long as your white knuckling your steering wheel all the time. Lol, I find it amazing when I see a steering wheel with the leather worn through...WTF deathgrip?! haha

btw: that website only shows the carbon fiber for the Cayenne, not the leather or alcantara.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:28 PM
dubl07 is infamous around these parts
DCT MS is an awesome company! Ivan provides Great customer service and the product is second to none....best company on 6speed! Must do upgrade! the onepart of the porsche ur always touching with ur skin, so it makes a big difference to upgrade.
Highly reccomend!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 AM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
Looks great - were you able to retain heated function? I keep reading that you lose the heated wheel when you do the upgrade.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Absolutely love the wheel and it's definitely on my short list of mods. So when you lose the heating function do you get any error codes? Also, if DCT is in tune with this thread, can you explain to us why the heating function is not salvageable?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:13 PM
crowland is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTS Jay
Absolutely love the wheel and it's definitely on my short list of mods. So when you lose the heating function do you get any error codes? Also, if DCT is in tune with this thread, can you explain to us why the heating function is not salvageable?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-wheel.html

they've answered before - about 3-4 posts into the thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:25 PM
No error codes whatsoever. Things are working very well!

Old 11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by crowland
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-wheel.html

they've answered before - about 3-4 posts into the thread
Thanks! Here's the quote from that thread in case others are interested to know why you can't keep the heat...

"the reason is OEM steering wheel has a layer of copper mesh with slight electric current to warm up the steering wheel under leather. this layer of mesh is very fragile and bundled leather with glue. Once we strip the leather to remold the new sport shape, the mesh is gone!"

Old 11-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by GTS Jay
Thanks! Here's the quote from that thread in case others are interested to know why you can't keep the heat...

"the reason is OEM steering wheel has a layer of copper mesh with slight electric current to warm up the steering wheel under leather. this layer of mesh is very fragile and bundled leather with glue. Once we strip the leather to remold the new sport shape, the mesh is gone!"
I only get the heat at the very top of the steering wheel anyways...so only good for warming one hand at a time!

I cant wait to get one of these racing wheels for my CTT. I agree with what someone said above..it feels good to grab a sporty steering wheel when getting in and driving....Just brings a smile to your face or alteast mine Too bad they didn't come with them from the factory.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 PM
scuderiavw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Agreed, alcantara looks the best...and really should last a while as long as your white knuckling your steering wheel all the time. Lol, I find it amazing when I see a steering wheel with the leather worn through...WTF deathgrip?! haha

btw: that website only shows the carbon fiber for the Cayenne, not the leather or alcantara.
7th item from the top. ST0395500J006 part number. At the color options it says "various alcantara colors".

Now I want a thick, all leather with flat bottom, which can not find on their options

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Steering wheel for CTT