Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Primary Cat delete pipes coming, best solution for permanently deleting o2 CEL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by legendrx7
03EvoII, cant wait for your next update, I'm subscribed. I do hope you get some photos and video up too. It'll be nice to have a company make a reasonably priced primary cat delete.

Looking through your mods scares me a little though, can the stock computer handle those mods? Any turbo vehicle that I've dealt with has needed some ecu tuning to handle that much extra flow. Please tell me you have a wideband too and will be watching it like a hawk. I'd hate for you to hurt your motor.
Legend,
I get a little worried too to be honest but I'm playing it pretty safe right now. With the MBC I can modulate boost down to as little as ~7psi (.4-.5 bar), where as with the factory boost solenoid I was pegging the stock boost gauge pretty easily (Maybe my CTT has a tune already ), but I don't want to take any chances. I'm getting a boost gauge and wide-band air/fuel gauge installed along with the downpipes. I am always curious as to what the airfuel ratios are at various boost levels. I'm replacing the factory boost gauge because it stinks and is slow to react. Now, I will know exactly what the air/fuel is at exactly the psi of boost I'm running. The guys at Carz are doing a great job of the dual gauge install too, I think other members will like it and hopefully it will give others some ideas for a dual gauge setup, which after all my searching have not ever seen on a cayenne.

I can't afford a new motor right now either! so until I have 10-15K sitting around for a built motor (Maybe next summer), I'll be pretty conservative. The next step for mods is probably a full intercooler and hard-pipe setup, full 3" exhaust and then a good dyno tune to accompany those mods. At that point I'll be done with upgrades until I can upgrade the turbos and build the motor.

I'll post some updates this week for sure!

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 02-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:44 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Hey Scot - have you thought about getting a pair of O2 sims to prevent a cel? Don't think I've seen them specifically for a CTT though. I know that Burger Tuning makes sims for the BMW 335 - perhaps you can give them a call and ask if they can make a set for your CTT? Another guy who may be able to help is Andrew at AR Design.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
^^^That would be great. I'll see what I can find. Maybe they wouldn't be too hard to retrofit into the ctt. I'll let you know. As for now, they are going to add some o2 foulers/spacers to hopefully take care of the CEL's. I'll let you guys know if they do the job or not.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
^^^That would be great. I'll see what I can find. Maybe they wouldn't be too hard to retrofit into the ctt. I'll let you know. As for now, they are going to add some o2 foulers/spacers to hopefully take care of the CEL's. I'll let you guys know if they do the job or not.
While I don't know him personally, the owner of Burger Tuning is Terry Burger and based on what I've heard/read about him he's a great guy. I'm guessing he'll be willing to work with you (or at least give you additional ideas) if you give him a call. http://burgertuning.com/

Old 02-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by GTS Jay
While I don't know him personally, the owner of Burger Tuning is Terry Burger and based on what I've heard/read about him he's a great guy. I'm guessing he'll be willing to work with you (or at least give you additional ideas) if you give him a call. http://burgertuning.com/
Thanks Jay! I'll give him a try.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Dgauto is infamous around these parts
I would like a set also, I have a tune and everything else.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:22 PM
contact Rob @ Leistung motorsports. He'll get you setup. I'll have some pics and vids up later this week.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
teaser pic. I couldn't help it. 3" pipes FTW! I hear Leistung might be coming up with a full 3" dual system (secondary and cat-back)...The down pipes are a good start

Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 PM
rsa supra is infamous around these parts
Interested in seeing how this plays out. I would think you would just need an O2 simulator that operates in the same voltage range as the Cayenne's.

Would be curious to see what A/F ratios are etc. Not sure how the ECU reacts to increased boost without being retuned. I would imagine Porsche would either add fuel accordingly or have some sort of overboost trouble code if it were to reach a dangerous level.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 PM
rsa supra:

No CEL's at all so far. Just o2 extenders/foulers on right now too, so that is promising. Of course all cars are different, so just because my car doesn't trip the CEL's doesn't mean someone else's wouldn't. Eventually o2 sims would be the way to go. I've been monitoring a/f as well. At 6-7 psi, a/f is ~ 13.0. I'm turning up the boost slowly with the boost controller. I was pegging the stock boost gauge at .8 bar (11-12 psi) with my stock exhaust, so I'd like to be back in that range with the new straight pipes in. Looking at other dyno graphs, It should settle down into the 12.0/1 range at that boost. I've heard that there is an over-boost function built in as well, which I think it just takes out some timing/limp mode. My butt dyno says these added some power and definitely a lot of response.

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 02-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM
is.deleon is infamous around these parts
wow, they look nice! subscribed...

Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks is.deleon! Leistung Motorsports did a great job and the performance gained is well worth it!! I'm hoping to get more vids soon.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Still deciding how I should attempt getting rid of my CEL since my primary cat delete. It appears these would do the trick, but they seem awfully pricey for what they are (price is each, I confirmed)

http://www.greenmotorsport.us/servle...icat%29/Detail

Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy
Still deciding how I should attempt getting rid of my CEL since my primary cat delete. It appears these would do the trick, but they seem awfully pricey for what they are (price is each, I confirmed)

http://www.greenmotorsport.us/servle...icat%29/Detail
hmm, I'm just using regular o2 extenders/anti-foulers from Napa. No CEL at all ever since the downpipes went in. Try putting just those in first before spending the money on those expensive ones.

You ever run your CTT at the track? I think you were going for 12's right?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
hmm, I'm just using regular o2 extenders/anti-foulers from Napa. No CEL at all ever since the downpipes went in. Try putting just those in first before spending the money on those expensive ones.
Sounds like a plan. Might be a dumb question, but are they one size fits all?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Primary Cat delete pipes coming, best solution for permanently deleting o2 CEL?