Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Primary Cat delete pipes coming, best solution for permanently deleting o2 CEL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:01 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Question Primary Cat delete pipes coming, best solution for permanently deleting o2 CEL?

Hey all,
I will be installing primary cat delete pipes (courtesy of Leistung!) soon and want to know what are a few options for me clear the o2 CEL that will probably pop up.

Should I buy a tune? Which is good for this?

Or can anybody recommend any Colorado tuners that can do this for me?

Anybody have primary cat delete pipes? what do you think? All of my turbo cars have seen great response, power and sound from down pipes....I cant wait to get these on the beastie!

Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
primary cats are pretty useful anti pollution devices? why not just stick with the secondary delete?

Old 01-18-2012, 06:40 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard that's what they are used for . But I want max performance so they gotta go.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
crowland is infamous around these parts
Evoll- are they specially fabricating a set up for you at Leistung? I've got their secondarys on mine and was just curious. As for the O2 sensor- I would just have the guys at Leistung put the sensors into the secondary pipes or further on back to avoid the CEL. I'd be surprised they haven't come up with a workaround for this if they are going to start making the primary deletes. I am curious to know how this install goes. Please keep us tuned in-

Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by crowland
Evoll- are they specially fabricating a set up for you at Leistung? I've got their secondarys on mine and was just curious. As for the O2 sensor- I would just have the guys at Leistung put the sensors into the secondary pipes or further on back to avoid the CEL. I'd be surprised they haven't come up with a workaround for this if they are going to start making the primary deletes. I am curious to know how this install goes. Please keep us tuned in-
Crowland -
Well this will be their first set! And then I hear ( a little birdie told me ) they may be offering them to customers with a high-flow cat option as well. Placing the o2 sensor (there's pre-cat sensor after the turbo and one after the primary cat) further back may or may not help, I've tried this with other OBDII cars and it's usually just a matter of time before it trips the CEL. I was thinking o2 extenders may work to cure the CEL, but again, probably would pop up anyways. I think people who go the straight through down pipe route, may have a tune and other performance parts anyways, so not sure if tuning out the o2 CEL is a big deal to them. I will keep you guys updated with the progress for sure. They should be on within a few weeks!

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 01-19-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Cant you just buy a cheap OBII reader on amazon and delete it each time it fires?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by cordsig79
Cant you just buy a cheap OBII reader on amazon and delete it each time it fires?
Yea I guess I could do that. Assuming I can find one that can clear codes too for not too much. The CEL will just be annoying, shouldn't affect anything else..

Old 01-19-2012, 02:55 AM
ez1973 is infamous around these partsez1973 is infamous around these parts
I'm VERY interested to see how the pipes work out for you. I spoke with Rob at Leistung and let him know I'd be interested in a set when he's done fabricating them. Looks like you're the guinea pig!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the results...

Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ tune is your best bet, but other than that you can get CEL eliminators that should work.. its just a spacer effectively that reduces the amount of o2 the sensor reads as it passes through the pipe.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by ez1973
I'm VERY interested to see how the pipes work out for you. I spoke with Rob at Leistung and let him know I'd be interested in a set when he's done fabricating them. Looks like you're the guinea pig!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the results...
Ez: great!! I knew I couldn't be only one! I'm sure Leistung will do an excellent job fabricating them. I expect the results will be awesome. I've never been disappointed putting down pipes on my other turbo cars.....response should increase, should sound MEAN, and maybe a couple more mpgs wouldn't hurt either!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
I have a primary cat delete and clearing the code it will just pop right back up. I don't think it affects performance but is annoying.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 PM
What kind of performance, sounds, etc did you see from your primary cat delete?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:28 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
What kind of performance, sounds, etc did you see from your primary cat delete?
Car feels stronger though hard to quantify.

It is barely louder unless you give it some throttle and/or get up about 3,000 RPM then it sounds great.

Going drag racing on Saturday hoping for 12s. Best prior is a 13.18.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by ez1973
My Leistung primary cat-delete pipes are DONE!! and will be going in on Monday. I wanna thank Rob @ Leistung for getting'er done so fast and cant wait to hear and feel them. They look great and 3" diameter too !! I'll have the shop snap some pics of the install and get some video and sound clips later if I can. After market boost gauge and air/fuel are going in while at the shop (Carz Performance) too, I'll upload some pics of that once completed as well.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
legendrx7 is infamous around these parts
03EvoII, cant wait for your next update, I'm subscribed. I do hope you get some photos and video up too. It'll be nice to have a company make a reasonably priced primary cat delete.

Looking through your mods scares me a little though, can the stock computer handle those mods? Any turbo vehicle that I've dealt with has needed some ecu tuning to handle that much extra flow. Please tell me you have a wideband too and will be watching it like a hawk. I'd hate for you to hurt your motor.

Last edited by legendrx7; 02-04-2012 at 12:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Primary Cat delete pipes coming, best solution for permanently deleting o2 CEL?