Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

HELP! Expertise Sought in EVOMS Modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
My main goal is to kick up my MPG and more torque will be put to good use.

Recently, I got 13.5 MPG and 13.6 MPG towing at 50 MPH or less on the level to and fro across Pheonix. If I get 3-5 more MPG, that puts me in the 16.5 MPG range which will make a significant difference in affording to travel. If, however, I see 18.6 MPG towing, that would be towing nirvana!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
It is hard to tell the sound from recordings. I know a lot of folks did not like the noise after modding. EVOMS said that aftermarket exhaust would render the car too loud. They like using the stock muffler while deleting the Secondary Cats.

I have head of people totally removing the EVOMS intake because the new whishing sounds of air sucking into the engine were so annoying.

It seems that merely a tune might be the way to go; cheaper.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
EVOMS 540 Software + V-Flow Air Intake System + Cat Bypass Pipes yields an increases from 450 HP to 542 HP and from 460 TQ to 554 TQ.

I know that diverter valves wear out and need replacing. I am wondering what adding new ones in and tuning to those might yield. Certainly, if boost is increased from .8 bar to .9 bar and maximum boost is held longer, that should result in a few more ponies.

Ideas?

Certainly, I wish I could drive a modded one to see if the changes in sound(s) is tolerable. But EVOMS just sold their Cayenne. Of course it was maxxed out to at least 700 HP.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
ArcticT is infamous around these parts
From what I've read, diverter valves are a good idea even if you don't intend to run a lot more boost. Even at factory levels they can bleed off boost. I would also love to drive one modded like I am wanting.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 PM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gr8ful
I love how quiet my car is. I really don't want to hear sucking noises. However, the only times I get to hear that wonderful exhaust is when I have the windows down and I am accelerating around corners. I think I'd like a little more auditory feedback but I don't want the boy racer image or experience.

The prices I heard were rather high and I assumed those were the installed prices.

I want increased MPG and can really put more torque to use when I am trailering. Look at my load! It's "home."
Then stay away with the intake then unless you fancy the air suction noise.
According to your need, IMHO, bypass pipe with factory rear muffler will control the noise at a satisfied level. I have bypass pipe and rear muffler replaced. I can make you a vid clip if u r interested, I'm sure that's a NO for you

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 PM
EVOMS 540 Software + V-Flow Air Intake System + Cat Bypass Pipes yields an increases from 450 HP to 542 HP and from 460 TQ to 554 TQ.

I know that diverter valves wear out and need replacing. I am wondering what adding new ones in and tuning to those might yield. Certainly, if boost is increased from .8 bar to .9 bar and maximum boost is held longer, that should result in a few more ponies.

Ideas?

Certainly, I wish I could drive a modded one to see if the changes in sound(s) is tolerable. But EVOMS just sold their Cayenne. Of course it was maxxed out to at least 700 HP.
When I push it really hard from stand, boost pressure goes above 1.0 bar. around 1.2 bar i'd say. My CTT had ECU re-tuned.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by loveivs
When I push it really hard from stand, boost pressure goes above 1.0 bar. around 1.2 bar i'd say. My CTT had ECU re-tuned.
Does that "peg" your boost guage? How far past 0.8 does the needle rise?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Does that "peg" your boost guage? How far past 0.8 does the needle rise?
Just had a look at the boost gauge. I made mistake, I thought the max is 1.0 bar lol When I trashed it, the needle indicates to 1.0 bar-1.1bar (nearly reach the edge of the gauge)

Old 01-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by loveivs
Just had a look at the boost gauge. I made mistake, I thought the max is 1.0 bar lol When I trashed it, the needle indicates to 1.0 bar-1.1bar (nearly reach the edge of the gauge)
The guage on my 955 has a maximum of 0.8 bar. Does your TT's guage show higher pressures than 0.8 bar?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:39 AM
The guage on my 955 has a maximum of 0.8 bar. Does your TT's guage show higher pressures than 0.8 bar?

I believe they are the same. No difference between 955 and 957.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Yes, the boost gauage looks the same on mine. I take it when you hit it hard, you see the boost needle go past the 0.8 bar to 2:00 or 2:30 on the dial face at your maximum boost levels. That's VERY HOT. And must result in significant HP.

Red guage face plates? Nice touch.

Mine are all standard black and my mileage is over 108,000!

I still don't know how to get photos into my posts, though. Heck, sometimes logging in to 6speed is difficult between loggin in with FaceBook and Norton, it gets dicely.

Last edited by gr8ful; 01-27-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes, the boost gauage looks the same on mine. I take it when you hit it hard, you see the boost needle go past the 0.8 bar to 2:00 or 2:30 on the dial face at your maximum boost levels. That's VERY HOT. And must result in significant HP.

Red guage face plates? Nice touch.

Mine are all standard black and my mileage is over 108,000!

I still don't know how to get photos into my posts, though. Heck, sometimes logging in to 6speed is difficult between loggin in with FaceBook and Norton, it gets dicely.
Yup, you're right. The boost needle points to "2:00 or 2:30" when I hit it hard (sport mode on) =) I'll be happier if my car has PDCC.

Red gauge face is my recent mod. I'm very happy with the result. Stock face is black.

I upload my photos to http://www.tinypic.com , I've been using this website for many years, they are very good. Once upload is completed, you get a direct image link.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Tested my turbos today.

They typically are only hitting .6 bar and occassionally touch .7 bar for a moment. Just crossed 109,000 miles. They need replacing.

When I had my car fixed in October in Bend, they were hitting .8 bar.

Sadly, I got side swiped on the 101 in Scottsdale today at about noon near the Indian Bend exit.

Not much damage and no one was hurt. The fellow was about to get hit and suffer an impact right where his wife was sitting--in her door. He elected to hit me instead.

Oh, well, it can be fixed. No one was injured.

The fellow, late model gray VW station wagon who caused the accident, kept going!

Old 01-28-2012, 02:05 PM

Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Finally, got it uploaded!

THANKS!

I hope I can remeber how to do this again. ;-)

As one may see, I have a massive load to tow and need all the power and efficiencies I can get.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! Expertise Sought in EVOMS Modifications