Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

HELP! Expertise Sought in EVOMS Modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 PM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that. Wish your cayenne an be nicely restore asap. I understand why you are pursuing the extra power now. I've seen people towing house trailer in Australia, but the "house" is not as big as yours lol

Old 01-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Dgauto is infamous around these parts
I get 13.1 mpg and about 300 to a tank with out pushing it. With out the upgrades I had gotten better fuel mileage. I would not go up more in boost if I was towing. More stress put on the motor

Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I'm going to have to look into this. Increased torque is what I need, not higher top end speed. Hmmm . . .

Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I 've been driving a KIA for the last week while my SUV has been getting the body fixed and shaking in my boots whenever a "Big Car" like a Corolla goes by! lol But the KIA sips gas at less than a 1/3 of the rate my CTT does.

Seriously, I miss my SUV. Getting in & out of this tiny KIA is getting to me. My SUV should be done tomorrow--just in time to hitch up my trailer, tow it accross town and test the mod results.

At this point, I have driven my car for almost two weeks post-modification and I can't say I would do it again. For one, the driving characteristics are COMPLETELY changed. For another, my final bill came in more that $800 over budget; about $1,000 more than expected!

The first time I started her up, I noticed that she idled smoother than ever, but that didn't last long and she's back to the Turbo roughness--that smooths out with a little gas.

We did the EVOMS 540 kit which makes 92 more HP and 100 more TQ; however, we added the IPD Plenum. So, I really don't know how much HP and TQ she is making and EVOMS hasn't told me. She definitely makes more HP & TQ than a TurboS.

When I first pulled out, she felt far more "sure footed" like she was far better connected to the ground. I think this is the extra torque.

The sounds under the hood and underneath the car were freaky. When she first "gasped" when the new diverter valves were blowing off, it startled me.

The nice low exhaust note is gone, replaced by a wicked mid range scream. I kept the standard exhaust thereby avoiding that high pitched F1 whine. While I prefer the lower exhaust note, I like the enhanced feedback of the by pass pipes.

Turbo lag is gone. Missing entirely! And I find this is more like a new model than a pumped up version of the original.

It's like Star War's hyper-drive when you hit the gas. Traffic appears to sit still while you move. It is a harder to modulate and my final judgement remains to be seen. I was enjoying the new power rather than taking it easy. Nevertheless, when I slowed down in town I saw a boost in MPG into the 18's--which is up about 4 MPG from the 13.8-14.9 I was getting previously.

I was warned that I had enough power to climb hills much faster but I must be wary about more engine heat. She does indeed sound sportier and is sportier. One gives up some of the stock civility for this though.

Anyway, the entire project was over my budget by some $850 and I wasn't planning for that. I am not sure I would do it again but I know there is no going back. I sold the Secondary Cats and threw out the intakes and plenum.

I suppose I am going to have to autocross her to get used to the new characteristics. I am looking forward to my MPG increased efficiency and will report that soon.

Last edited by gr8ful; 03-03-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 PM
The IPD folks claim to increase HP & TQ by 31 & 33 "at the wheels." So I maybe up to 600. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 PM
The only problem with autocrossing is it eats breaks and breaks cost dearly. So much that after my break job I wasn't going to autocross again. But, I feel it is necessary to get to know my new model and hone my skills.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
It eats "brakes" and wears tires and tears up other things as well. Rarely worth it unless it's a dedicated track vehicle which an SUV is not.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:02 AM
LOL I can't spell! Thanks for the correction, seriously.

Aside from being fun, autocrossing is skill building AND the things I learned helped me avoid two accidents, one of which would have killed my passenger and me!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow!

My car has been in the shop getting the body work done for just over a week. Hence, I haven’t been able to drive it and appreciate the work EVOMS did. However, yesterday, I drove to Florence and back (not towing) and what a wonderful ride!

I swung by my mechanic and asked him to drive my car. For the first time I was able to hear the exhaust (from the outside) and I must say the sound is glorious.

I “blame” my purchase of my Cayenne Turbo on my old mechanic and friend because one day he said that when his neighbor starts up his Porsche Cayenne Turbo in the morning, the sound of it warmed his heart. As fate would have it, I stumbled into a deal on this one.

Back in January when his shop did an oil change, I reminded him of his contribution to my selection and let him drive the car. This time, however, he came back wowed and said he could get into serious trouble with her the way she now drives. We are in agreement that the turbo lag and old driving chractersitcs are gone and this is quite an improvement.

While I am still cautious, when I was caught in a tight situation, the extra power brought me through and cut passing times by approximately 50%.

As far as temperatures, she stayed rock solid just below the top dead center on the water temperature—meaning she runs slightly cooler than before. She’s never run this smoothly and I hope the smoothness isn‘t due just to new plugs but to Evolution Motor Sports' software.

No much to be said, except EVOMS knows what they are doing!

In conclusion, I highly recomend doing this set of modifications.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
The exhaust note with the bypass is awesome. Combine with the DME and you'll love it

Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
reedickyaluss is infamous around these parts
Could some one confirm for me.. The diverter valves listed on page one, those give you the blow off sound when stepping off the gas?

I might be one of the few that likes that performance sound...

Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM
reedickyaluss is infamous around these parts
Anyone?!......