Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leistung primary delete and dual guage install pics and short review>>>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Leistung primary cat-delete and dual guage install pics and short review>>>

hey guys, figured I would start a new thread for this, as well as some new pics and vids. So fiiinaly got my beast back! lol I know I'm impatient.

The guys at Carz did a great job with the gauge install. Very clean and a professional install. The visibility of the gauges is great. The only thing is that I should have just bought the AEM boost gauge, DOH. It would look better if the gauges matched. But the lighting on the Stack Boost gauge is LED and much brighter than the AEM which is way better IMO. Oh well I'll live with for a while and switch it out when I have some more time. The shop welded a third bung to the top of driver side downpipe for the wideband...they said they had plenty of room to do that and that the downpipe install went well with no issues at all. Plenty of clearance around the downpipes, even with 3" pipes!

The cat pipes make a huge seat of the pants difference for me! Boost is instant now. Even a tiny bit of throttle and boost jumps up and starts to climb instantly Much more responsive than with the factory cats. The sound is more aggressive. I can actually hear it grumble now a little in the cabin and that is with the factory exhaust on. I actually like to hear it a little and why not, its a twin-turbo V8! But it doesn't drone or anything like that at speed. It feels like a different beast now and sounds great too (Thanks Leistung!). I can't wait to get a real exhaust now. As for the CEL's, Carz installed some o2 spacers/foulers with no clearance issues at all. So far, so good! It might pop up after a few cycles so we'll see. If so, no worries, I'll think I'll just pick up a cheap code checker/delete to clear them if its bugging me too much. I'm very happy with this modification. I'll post some vids soon! Here are some pics, sorry if the quality isnt

Attached Images     

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 04-23-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
WoW! Sounds phenomenal Scot! I agree with you on the gauges too. So this is just the primary cat delete? Do you still have secondary cats? Great sound!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
GTS Jay, yea that's with secondary cat-delete pipes too. Once I get an exhaust on the beast it will sound even better. I've heard some iffy things about the AEM gauges and Stack doesn't make a wideband gauge so not sure..Maybe I just switch them both out. We'll see. Thanks Jay!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Nice to see the gauge pics. I am going to use the same location with this setup. The gauge (including bezel) and illumination match the factory gauges pretty darn well.

Name:  GTitX.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  35.7 KB

Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
^^^^^The leather wrap looks good, I was thinking of something similar with the pod in the future. I gotta have the dual setup with the wide band. What does that setup cost?

By the way, have you dyno'd your ctt with your current setup? Just curious

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 02-08-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
The leather wrap looks good, I wasn't thinking of something similar with the pod in the future. I gotta have the dual setup with the wide band. What does that setup cost?
This is the gauge pod:

http://exclusiveoption.com/997-987-L...d-997LSSCP.htm

Originally, I was going to run one of these to get multiple gauge functions:

http://www.plxdevices.com/multigauges.html

Apparently they are backordered for a while. This gauge will look better though I will miss not having wideband.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow those gauges are sick!! I know what I'm changing my gauges out with now! Thanks for the heads up!!

*****just called PLX and they do have the dm-100 multi-gauge in stock, that's the 52mm or 2 1/16". Good find!!

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 02-08-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
03EvoIII,

How bad are the exhaust fumes? I have thought removing the primary cats before but couldn't stand smelling like gas when going somewhere...

Thoughts?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM
hmm, well I'd say that if your windows are open and your stopped at a light for a bit and the wind kicks the exhaust toward the front of the car, you may smell more exhaust fumes than normal. But other than that...I don't notice it and my clothes don't smell bad either after getting out of it! <<< I hate that! LOL

Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
hmm, well I'd say that if your windows are open and your stopped at a light for a bit and the wind kicks the exhaust toward the front of the car, you may smell more exhaust fumes than normal. But other than that...I don't notice it and my clothes don't smell bad either after getting out of it! <<< I hate that! LOL
Thanks. I think it is plausible that the gas fume stench from being completely de-catted is less in this applicable for a couple reasons:

1) turbo application - on a fundamental level, the exhaust gas is recirculated through the combustion chamber for a reburn - which should be less unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

2) ecu tune - a good tune should lean out the AFR- which should be less unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

I might wait this one out to see how others are fairing...

On a seperate note, I went to Leistung's website and did not see any mention of estimated HP/TQ gains. Curious to see what additional gains to expect in HP and in 1/4 mile times.

I also take it that no one has the dreaded "check engine" light triggered from the primary O2 sensors or no one would pass state emissions.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 04-25-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
ExEngineer is infamous around these partsExEngineer is infamous around these parts
That looks and sounds fantastic!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Here is what I am working on. Just waiting for my vacuum molder pump to show up. I may make multiple units but for now I will make a one-off CF version. I am in a holding pattern now as I prefer to CF over vacuum molded plastic as I can screw it up and just toss it. If I screw up my foam I have to reshape the entire thing. My pump is bad so I am waiting on a new one now.

Right now its too high and I did not indent the gauge face. That will come next. I am most likely going to build in a 4" android powered screen running the torque app. Cant wait until its done!!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 AM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
ROX if you make a CF one I would gladly pay you to make another one. That looks so good!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
you better make 3!!! Because I want one too!!!!!!! That's going to be awesome!! About d@mn time too!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Thanks. I think it is plausible that the gas fume stench from being completely de-catted is less in this applicable for a couple reasons:

1) turbo application - on a fundamental level, the exhaust gas is recirculated through the combustion chamber for a reburn - which should be less unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

2) ecu tune - a good tune should lean out the AFR- which should be less unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

I might wait this one out to see how others are fairing...

On a seperate note, I went to Leistung's website and did not see any mention of estimated HP/TQ gains. Curious to see what additional gains to expect in HP and in 1/4 mile times.

I also take it that no one has the dreaded "check engine" light triggered from the primary O2 sensors or no one would pass state emissions.
I have a wideband air/fuel gauge in my beast now....this thing sits 14.5-15.0 all the time except for when in WOT > 3750 RPM. No joke, its rock solid, LOL.

I have spacers....$3.00 at the local auto parts store...NO CEL, NEVER.

My butt dyno says that gains are significant..when this thing gets in boost, it flat out hauls *** and sounds like a mean mother! lol. I will have some dyno/torque numbers probably by the end of May or early June. I am getting the front mount intercooler and then my Tune...Looking at other stock CTTs...I'll say my baseline is 380-400 whp stock. If I am in the 550 whp all my mods...I'll be happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leistung primary delete and dual guage install pics and short review>>>