Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2008 Cayenne Halogen to HID Kit Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
CLKFAN is infamous around these parts
2008 Cayenne Halogen to HID Kit Issues

Hello,

My wife just bought a 2008 Cayenne and it came with Halogens but she's looking to upgrade to some HID's. I went to two different places today for valentines and both places said they could do it with no error messages....both places failed.

The kits they used both were H7 6000k with error cancelers. The error message with both installs was "Check dipped beam"

My question is has anyone done this type of kit before on a stock Halogen set up wanting to go with HID's? And if so what did you do or use to make sure you had no codes?

I did search here but only one person (SHAWN) said they did do it and failed but were successful after the second time but there was no mention of what they used and I tried to PM him as well but this forum doesn't let you until you have a certain number of posts.

Thanks.

Last edited by CLKFAN; 02-15-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
i'm in the exact same boat. i've been searching to try to find confirmation that its possible without any error codes. i'm waiting until i can get a definitive answer. I contacted ddmtuning and they claim their kit will not produce any error codes, but i'm hesitant..

Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by split
i'm in the exact same boat. i've been searching to try to find confirmation that its possible without any error codes. i'm waiting until i can get a definitive answer. I contacted ddmtuning and they claim their kit will not produce any error codes, but i'm hesitant..
I found a place here in LA called Lucent Motorsports that is the place to go and get it done at. They have the right kit and know how to eliminate any codes. They are also a Porsche specific tuning shop and know what to do. They would not share with me over the phone what they do but I do have an appointment this Friday to get it done. They guaranteed it will work because they have done this plenty of times and know what to do.

I also called DDMtuning and they did not guarantee that their kit would work because I told them that what they were going to sell me was exactly what the 2 shops I had gone to had installed, which is a H7 HID Kit with Error Cancelers and relay. I will report back after the install on Friday, my late Valentine gift now.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
User 8122 is infamous around these parts
I have an 2006 cayenne and I found these guys on the forum https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight-kits.html

I bought some from them and very please - no error messages or anything!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by tien71700
I have an 2006 cayenne and I found these guys on the forum https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight-kits.html

I bought some from them and very please - no error messages or anything!

I spoke to them also but unfortunately I can't justify the drive to San Diego from Burbank, CA right now. I told them I would go see them if all else fails but I feel that Lucent Motorsports is going to do the job.

Thanks for the info anyway

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CLKFAN
I found a place here in LA called Lucent Motorsports that is the place to go and get it done at. They have the right kit and know how to eliminate any codes. They are also a Porsche specific tuning shop and know what to do. They would not share with me over the phone what they do but I do have an appointment this Friday to get it done. They guaranteed it will work because they have done this plenty of times and know what to do.

I also called DDMtuning and they did not guarantee that their kit would work because I told them that what they were going to sell me was exactly what the 2 shops I had gone to had installed, which is a H7 HID Kit with Error Cancelers and relay. I will report back after the install on Friday, my late Valentine gift now.
Oh crap, i just ordered that DDMtuning kit! I guess i'll install and let you guys know what happens. Maybe I can just order the error cancellor that your other shop uses? I heard the cayennes require a capacitor.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM
^ i installed the ddmtuning kit and I do not get the check dipped beam warning. Oddly enough I get a "check high beam" warning even though the high beam functions just fine. I'm thinking the two are on a common ground and error canceller is doing something funny.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM
kansha530 is infamous around these parts
CLKFAN and Split,

any new updates? I'm also interested in doing this on my 09 Cayenne.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by kansha530
CLKFAN and Split,

any new updates? I'm also interested in doing this on my 09 Cayenne.
Sorry I never updated this thread. I didn't get anything done to the wifes car because she opted for a nice designer wallet. I can tell that the place to go to for the right kit and no error codes is Lucent in West LA. http://www.lucentmotor.com/lucent_contact.html

Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
^ i couldn't get anything to work. I tried ddm tuning's error eliminator and running resistors in parallel and it didnt seem to work. I think i'm just going to put stock headlights back in and forget about HIDs.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by split
^ i couldn't get anything to work. I tried ddm tuning's error eliminator and running resistors in parallel and it didnt seem to work. I think i'm just going to put stock headlights back in and forget about HIDs.
You need to call these guys. They know what to do and they have the right kit. http://www.lucentmotor.com/lucent_contact.html

Old 07-10-2012, 12:00 AM
dropped them an email today, but i havent heard back yet. Worst case i'll use one of those osram bulbs that has an h9 burner on an h7 base.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Leonardo Junel is infamous around these parts
i got a cheap kit from ebay and did not get any errors i got 2 sets one for lowbeam and high