Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Difference between ECU Tune at home and Send In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 PM
markdjr is infamous around these parts
Difference between ECU Tune at home and Send In

I am wondering what the differences are in the process of tuning the ECU between FVD and the MyGenius tool they send and someone like EVOMS where you send the ECU to them for tuning. Do they modify different files or parts of the ECU?

Old 02-25-2012, 06:43 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Just a guess on my part - the probably all modify the same files but with slightly different parameters. Interesting question....

Old 02-25-2012, 07:45 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Most tuners are getting away from having customers send in their ECU and just doing the hand held flash tunes and emailing calibrations to the customer..am I right? Atleast that's what I am seeing. If no hardware is changed in the ECU, not sure why you would need to send it in, unless EVOMS is doing some higher level tune that requires the ECU be in their hands.

I wish someone made a stand alone ecu/Piggy back for the Cayenne! Maybe someday.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 AM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
I am curious as well! Thanks for posting.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
mpatrizio is infamous around these parts
Bump for a possible answer....

Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Talking

My understanding is that the 955 did not have the ability to tune via the OBDII port so the ECU had to be removed to hook into it and tune it.

The 957 gained the ability to tune through the OBDII port so it could be done via a flash tuner.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
For example, the 955 Cayenne Turbo software would be loaded the same way on the Bosch ME 7.1.1 ECU if you bench flash it or use our tool. It is the same process. The sector where the information is stored maybe different and the tuning parameters are different per the tuner but all else would be equal. The only thing that is different is personal choice and the ease of use.

Here is a video that we just completed that maybe helpful to everyone to show how our software process works…

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net