Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2006 CTTS + Leistung Cat Bypass + Leistung Intakes + Upsolute Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
"Also, driveability is much improved. Throttle response is more linear and the power from the turbos comes on in a more controlled fashion."

Is the linear response directly driven from the ECU the diverter valves or a combination. I have to confess, I haven't been closely following the mod threads. I find I'm always downshifting manually when I need to pass to avoid the turbo lag, I'd be super interested in the mod that eliminated the lag. cheers Plus that extra hp and torque looks like a lot of fun!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the graphs!! my air fuel drops around the same rpm. ill definitely post some pics and vids of my dyno runs. I'm going to see if a tuner around here can overlay boost as well on my dyno graphs. Atleast then I can see what it's hitting for boost at wide open throttle through the entire dyno pull. Great numbers again!!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
ExEngineer is infamous around these partsExEngineer is infamous around these parts
To the best of my understanding, which may be a bit limited, the throttle response is a result of the tune and maybe the intakes. Before it always felt like I'd get some nice low RPM torque from the engine, and then the turbos would come in all at once and set me back in the seat again. Fun once in a while, but a little disconcerting when it happens in a corner. Now, I don't get that turbo lag (if that's what it was) and subsequent lurch forward. That effect may have shown up on my first dyno chart (the attachment, not the embedded pic). There was a plateau in HP at mid-rpm, and then the HP would increase again. Not sure that is the correct correlation, but it makes some sense.

As I understand it, the new DVs just fixed any boost leakage or early boost dump that I may have been getting with the old valves. I've got 50k miles and that seems to be when the OEM valves start to go. So I figured I'd replace them before I increased the boost. The new valves are race valves used in the 911 and 944 cars that Eurosport typically work on. They're a little noisy, but they certainly open and close quickly and with some obvious oomph.

It would have been nice to see a boost profile with the dyno run, but I couldn't do that where I had my last dyno. (Though I did have a boost port specifically installed so I could measure it - oh well.) 03EvoIII, it's up to you! Let's see some numbers next month!