Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2004 CTT w/mods and 1/4 mile impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
markdjr is infamous around these parts
2004 CTT w/mods and 1/4 mile impressions

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo that I bought about a year ago with 113k miles. I have just hit 130k miles and completed most of the bolt on mods available for it. I've got EVOMS diverter valves and intake, Fabspeed bypass pipes, Tubi Style exhaust and a tune from FVD. I ran my first quarter mile last night and it was a lot of fun. I ran a 13.7 at 102mph, but did get smoked by some tuned Grand Cherokee SRT's. Although the FVD tune was the last mod I did, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about doing some mods, it made a huge difference in the speed and excitement of the vehicle.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
chip that bad boy, thank me later.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Thats what FVD did.....

Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
What boost are running at WOT? What are your AFR's while running down the track? Any idea? I'm thinking of getting an upsolute tune for my pig once I get my exhaust system completed.

You should get some primary cat-delete pipes and then go try to smoke those SRT's!!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
What boost are running at WOT? What are your AFR's while running down the track? Any idea? I'm thinking of getting an upsolute tune for my pig once I get my exhaust system completed.

You should get some primary cat-delete pipes and then go try to smoke those SRT's!!
I thought you were running the mbc?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
I was then I switched back to the factory boost control solenoid to compare boost/response. I'm seeing much more boost with the factory solenoid...which makes me a little nervous and now since I have the air fuel gauge...I'm not seeing the air fuel ratios drop to what IMO would be a safe level...BUT I don't know b/c it seems like I'm the only CTT owner in the world running a wide-band gauge and nothing for me to compare to. I've been trying to hunt down some dyno-graphs for reference but have not been having too much luck with that either.

So that's why I'm trying to pick other members brains

Old 03-06-2012, 11:33 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
The SRTs are pretty quick - they have a much better 60' time and weigh hundreds of pounds less. What were the conditions at the track and elevation? Were you running the 22s?
I need to get mine back on the dyno with the latest Eurocharged tune. The original one was a bit abrupt so they re-tuned it but I don't have a dyno of it.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Boost is set at .8 bar, I don't know what AFR's are... I was running factory 20" rims. Conditions at track were in the 40's and dry in Portland, OR so not too high above sea level. I ran two of my best runs against two different jeeps. The first one had a 7.0 hemi swap with upgraded turbos and everything else, even an internal roll cage. He ran 11.55 but I believe damaged something in the process. It was amazing to watch how hard that thing pulled away from me. My R/T was .303 to his .105 andd his 60' was 1.862 to my 2.011 1/8 mile was 7.393 to my 8.870. The other jeep I ran against was the 6.1 liter hemi I think and he had intake/exhaust and predator tune or something like that. He ran a 12.864 with an 1/8 mil .7 faster than me. It was pretty fun day and while those jeeps were pulling hard, the real lesson I learned was that instead of spending money on turbos and intercoolers for the cayenne, I should just buy a cheap drag car that is already running 10's and tow it there with the Cayenne .

Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM
thanks for the details. LOL sometimes I wonder why I bother doing stuff to the Cayenne too...but I can't help it. It must be in the blood or something. But until I have enough saved up to get my GTR or a TT G. It'll have to do.

I'd like to hit the track this summer and get some times and maybe line up against some SRT's. How much boost were you able to build off the line?
My CTT seems to build boost pretty fast off the line, the last time I tried.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I will have to double check boost on the line. I was obviously brake launching, feels like I'm getting a good launch until I watch someone else jump out faster. Also, are you using the BOV's in your sig? I thought a saw a post where you said you they didn't fit.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by markdjr
I will have to double check boost on the line. I was obviously brake launching, feels like I'm getting a good launch until I watch someone else jump out faster. Also, are you using the BOV's in your sig? I thought a saw a post where you said you they didn't fit.
yea the larger BOV (Greddy Style) did not fit, more specifically the driver side..the passenger side went in fine. So I'm using some forge look alike divertor valves until I can get IC pipes made and have the others welded on. Watching other Ctt's take off..they do seem slow off the line. I would think 7psi off the line would allow it take off pretty hard

Old 03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
lol I have most of that...gonna take more than that I think to whoop on some SRTs.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by split
I've got the cat-delete pipes and I may add the plenum, but I am skeptical of the claimed improvements.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
I was then I switched back to the factory boost control solenoid to compare boost/response. I'm seeing much more boost with the factory solenoid...which makes me a little nervous and now since I have the air fuel gauge...I'm not seeing the air fuel ratios drop to what IMO would be a safe level...BUT I don't know b/c it seems like I'm the only CTT owner in the world running a wide-band gauge and nothing for me to compare to. I've been trying to hunt down some dyno-graphs for reference but have not been having too much luck with that either.

So that's why I'm trying to pick other members brains
I need to put mine back on the dyno at MAC ! You can bring yours and we can compare!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 CTT w/mods and 1/4 mile impressions