Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Head unit / entertainment questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Fuquad is infamous around these parts
Head unit / entertainment questions

I have a couple questions on the head unit / entertainment system in my '05 CTT.

1) When I try to enter the Voice or AV sections, it simply tells me they are unavailable. What are these sections and how does one make them "available?"

2) I had no idea that there was a DVD player under the passenger seat until this weekend. My question is (and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just have to ask), is that DVD player ONLY for navigation data?

Additionally, are there updated data DVD's available?

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 PM
garukun is infamous around these parts
I ddin't know there was a DVD player. But for the first one, I can tell u that on some models there's a back up camera, and AV is for that....

Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I think this brings up another interesting issue. It seems that the owner's manual included with the vehicle is not specific to trim / options included on THAT specific vehicle. Makes it kind of difficult to figure things out.

I bought my CTT used and I certainly don't know everything about it (far from it, in fact).

One example is TPMS. In my Main Menu, I see a setting for preferred tire pressure units. However, I see nothing about enabling / disabling TPMS. I know I don't currently have it enabled, simply because i recently got new tires and the shop said I didn't. But why don't I? And is it something I can set up in the future, should I choose to?

Sorry, this post is a bit off topic from the thread, but it's all sorta related. I kno a lot of people would just say "RTFM," but in these cases I have and I don't find clear answers.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fuquad
I have a couple questions on the head unit / entertainment system in my '05 CTT.

1) When I try to enter the Voice or AV sections, it simply tells me they are unavailable. What are these sections and how does one make them "available?"
Video is prolly backup options, Voice is phone? I can't recall seeing "Voice" on mine, but it might be there. To make them work, spend lots of money.

2) I had no idea that there was a DVD player under the passenger seat until this weekend. My question is (and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just have to ask), is that DVD player ONLY for navigation data?
NAV only.

Additionally, are there updated data DVD's available?
Sure - got money ($300) you can order from your friendly local dealer for more - but SunCoast is around $300..
Thanks!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
To make them work, spend lots of money.
This seems to be a running theme.

So not only do they include owner's manuals that reference features your car may / may not have, they actually leave footprints of those features in the vehicle itself to confuse the user and take up space. Interesting.

I think I'll just go back to driving it and not over think things

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Givem that almost everything on a Cayenne besides the doors is an "option" - it would be next to impossible to make a specific owner's manual just for the options on your car, unless there was a very clever programmer (I could do that..) who matched the build options sheet to the owners-manual.

I think your last thought is perhaps the best idea..

Old 03-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Givem that almost everything on a Cayenne besides the doors is an "option" - it would be next to impossible to make a specific owner's manual just for the options on your car, unless there was a very clever programmer (I could do that..) who matched the build options sheet to the owners-manual.

I think your last thought is perhaps the best idea..
Haha understood.

I, too, would like to see your idea come to fruition, however...