Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2005 ctt- tpms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:47 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
2005 ctt- tpms

Is TPMS an option or standard on the 2005 ctt?
I can't seem to find the tire pressure option on multi function display. Does this mean I have no tpms? If so, how can I turn it on and for how much? Thanks.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Should be standard.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
If it is standard, how do I get to the menu to view it. From main menu I cannot see tire pressure. I see units changes for psi/bar, but that is in a different sub menu.
Any way this gets disabled/enabled?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
It's in one of the sub menus under settings, comfort, etc. Only accessible when parked.

If turned off, it also takes about 20 min of driving for the computer to find and recognize all the sensors.

If you don't have an owners manual you can download them from renntech.org for free. Works great on the iPad BTW.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
It seemed like my S had these menus when I first bought it, but they aren't there now. I wonder if I forgot to have TPMS sensors installed the last time I had new tires installed...

Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 AM
The menu should still be there. I run a set of wheels without sensors for winter and a set with for summer.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Wink

You guys are killing me here! .

But since I'm such a nice guy I ran out and took some pictures for you. (that would be in the owners manual btw)

Just scrolling up and down through your main screen on the dash (with the toggle on the end of the right side stalk) you should see this. Th little dashes show that there I son tire pressure system active. (cause I have my winter wheels on and have the system turned off, if the summers were on you would see the pressures where the dashes are)

Toggle up just one click and you should see this! THen use the button on the bottom of the right stalk to select it!

Here is what you should see! For those of you not familiar with British English tyre=tire

Note that if you are moving the tyre settings will be greyed out and not selectable.

Again, toggle down with the buttons ont he end of the right side stalk and select with the button on the underside of the stalk. This is what you should see.

Click settings and this is what you should see!

Notice that mine is set to my winter tire set up and the system is off. If you turn the system on it will search for sensors. Takes up to 20 minutes of driving. I do it every spring!

...now....who is going to fill my tank up for all this great information? (since I obviously need fuel )

...Other things to be learned from this is that my garage faces SW and stays at 60* and I was jamming out to the party station last time I drove the CTT

Last edited by Cole; 03-13-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Here is my pic of the options in main menu. What does this mean?
I have no TPMS? Or does it mean I have no TPMS sensors in tires?

Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
With the car on but parked, select Vehicle Info and see what's there...

Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM
mikijoe1 is infamous around these parts
are the information about pressure really true ? in particular when temperature is under 0° ?

Old 03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
When I select vehicle info, here is what I see...do not see any you're pressure..wtf...also notices my valve stems are rubber, not metal...to me sounds like no rod sensors...could that be somebody took them out?

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm guessing you simply don't have it as an option. Which seems strange.

The pictures I took of mine where with the tire pressure monitors in the basement, so nowhere near the car.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Someone chimed in on another forum that 05 CTT had tpms as option (STD on 06 though). So if I do not have it, can it be added back in?