Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

957 Turbo Intercooler Upgrades...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
957 Turbo Intercooler Upgrades...

I am searching for various upgraded intercooler options. I have done a lot of great mods on mine but am looking for that next big gain, I think intercoolers might be it... So far all that I have seen available are the FVD intercoolers. I checked others like Wagner (that made the ones on my friend's fully built RS6) but they do not make any.

I am also flirting with the idea of having one built. There is such a huge opening behind that center grille on the 957's, cannot help but think a big intercooler wouldn't be right at home nestled in there.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I have done a little research on this using the PET catalog and cross-referencing part numbers. Unlike the 955 (supposedly), the 957 CTT and CTTS use the same size intercoolers. This may explain why there is less turbo lag in the 957 in addition to the revised 4.8 engine.

So with OEM options out of the picture, the only other marketed option are the FVD intercoolers- which are a pretty penny.

I just want to point out that FVD normally packages the intercoolers with a larger turbo upgrade for a reason. From what I read online, the consensus is that the small IHI turbos on the 957 are pretty much maxed out. This means that adding larger intercoolers with the same turbos will be limiting your options. Of course you can turn up the boost and advance timing a few degrees, however, the former will add a lot more stress.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
guys!! print the picture of mine, take it to a competent fabricator and boom!!! Nice FMIC nestled in your beast!!! LOL

Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 AM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I have done a little research on this using the PET catalog and cross-referencing part numbers. Unlike the 955 (supposedly), the 957 CTT and CTTS use the same size intercoolers. This may explain why there is less turbo lag in the 957 in addition to the revised 4.8 engine.

So with OEM options out of the picture, the only other marketed option are the FVD intercoolers- which are a pretty penny.

I just want to point out that FVD normally packages the intercoolers with a larger turbo upgrade for a reason. From what I read online, the consensus is that the small IHI turbos on the 957 are pretty much maxed out. This means that adding larger intercoolers with the same turbos will be limiting your options. Of course you can turn up the boost and advance timing a few degrees, however, the former will add a lot more stress.

What other options have you come across, if any? Maybe Rob at Leistung could build some?!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
guys!! print the picture of mine, take it to a competent fabricator and boom!!! Nice FMIC nestled in your beast!!! LOL
LOL I will look into this! hahaha

Old 05-12-2012, 05:48 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GothamCayenne
What other options have you come across, if any? Maybe Rob at Leistung could build some?!
I have the EVOMS ones, which was included in the 700 package.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by SLVR-GTstreet
I have the EVOMS ones, which was included in the 700 package.
What else is included with your 700 package? New turbos, intercoolers, fueling... the usual? Any idea what you are putting down to the wheels?

Beautiful car by the way, that thing is amazing.

Have you eclipsed the the value of your car in mods yet? lol

Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
What else is included with your 700 package? New turbos, intercoolers, fueling... the usual? Any idea what you are putting down to the wheels?

Beautiful car by the way, that thing is amazing.

Have you eclipsed the the value of your car in mods yet? lol
The 700 includes:

· EVOMS 955/957 Custom Cast Turbine Housing (accepts Garrett GT28RS Turbocharger)
· Garrett GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbochargers w/ OEM Machined Compressor Housings
· EVOMSCNC machined billet oil line inlet adapters
· EVOMS / Garrett upgraded 1 bar wastegate actuators w/ new mounts
· EVOMSCNC machined billet oil line inlet adapters
· EVOMSCNC machined billet water line adapters
· EVOMSturbocharger water cooling lines
· EVOMSoil drain adapters to fit new Garrett turbocharger
· EVOMS fabricated down pipes w/ high flow 100 cell HJS Motorsport catalysts
· EVOMS 70mm stainless steel secondary catalyst bypass pipes
· EVOMS V-Flow X2 Cayenne TT high flow intake system
· EVOMS Billet Diverter Valves
· EVOMSit tuned SDI4 Siemens-VDO ECU calibration
· Cargraphic 70mm sport exhaust system
· IPD Intake

I was lucky enough not to be the original owner that took the hit on this one. Been there done that. Lol

I have a dyno from Evoms somewhere 710hp 730 tq
6 something to the wheels at 17psi if my memory serves me correct.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:29 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
NICE!!

I want this
· Garrett GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbochargers

and this
" 710hp 730 tq
6 something to the wheels at 17psi"
I'd love to see the dyno chart of your beast SLVR!!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 PM
NICE!!

I want this
· Garrett GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbochargers

and this
" 710hp 730 tq
6 something to the wheels at 17psi"
I'd love to see the dyno chart of your beast SLVR!!
I agree on all accounts.

Say, SLVR, what did that beast set you back anyway if you don't mind me asking?

We also neeeed that dyno chart lol, like need it quite badly haha

Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
SLVR-GTstreet , any luck finding that dyno? We need to establish some baselines for CTT owners.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
hoping to get on the Dyno this month! We'll see. I've been debating on a water-meth system as well before.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM
hoping to get on the Dyno this month! We'll see. I've been debating on a water-meth system as well before.
Which one are you thinking about? I have heard good things about Aquamist...

Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
SLVR-GTstreet , any luck finding that dyno? We need to establish some baselines for CTT owners.
I finally got back in town and found one. This was without the by-pass pipes so a bit lower in power but you get the idea.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Which one are you thinking about? I have heard good things about Aquamist...
I have the Aquamist HFS-3 on my 996TT and enjoy it very much!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 957 Turbo Intercooler Upgrades...