Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Carbon Fibered My Interior Please Comment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Das Stig is infamous around these parts
Sorry to sound like a dick but all that comes to mind is.....

Old 05-19-2012, 05:36 AM
X5X
X5X is infamous around these parts
^

Old 05-20-2012, 08:39 AM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
Das,I guess each his own. Pretty strong words. I like it and that's all that matters. Call it what u like but at least its not just another plain Jane "s" in the cayenne masses. Looks like every other "s" out there.

And not saying that's a bad thing, some people don't line to mod their cars and that's all right.

But rice would be if this were one of those press on decals dash kits. Some will even say that people who 3m wrap their cars to make it look like cf is rice. Say you don't like it or not your style but I hardly think that 1000s of dolllars done professionally is rice.

If its not for you just say so. Or say dont like the red. You have like two posts and are on your first p car. Good start buddy

Last edited by ferraristyle; 05-20-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by ferraristyle
Das,I guess each his own. Pretty strong words. I like it and that's all that matters. Call it what u like but at least its not just another plain Jane "s" in the cayenne masses. Looks like every other "s" out there.

And not saying that's a bad thing, some people don't line to mod their cars and that's all right.

But rice would be if this were one of those press on decals dash kits. Some will even say that people who 3m wrap their cars to make it look like cf is rice. Say you don't like it or not your style but I hardly think that 1000s of dolllars done professionally is rice.

If its not for you just say so. Or say dont like the red. You have like two posts and are on your first p car. Good start buddy

To each his own I gues But every time I see someone add carbon fiber to a car it just reminds me of big giant stickers, shopping cart wings and streetglow neon lights, no matter how well its done.

In mods the important thing is if the owner likes it, and nothing more. There is always going to be someone that doesnt like whats been done.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:00 PM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=Das Stig;3548824]To each his own I gues But every time I see someone add carbon fiber to a car it just reminds me of big giant stickers, shopping cart wings and streetglow neon lights, no matter how well its done.

In mods the important thing is if the owner likes it, and nothing more. There is always going to be someone that doesnt like whats been done.[/QUOTE
Yeah why would Porsche ever offer it as a tech option.....ricers......and macarbon......well guess they should get some extra steam for all the rice products they make...

Guess my led converversion is rice too.....maybe ill see if that HIN show is taking appljications.

FYI all of my items are either macarbon, porsche or wrapped in actual carbon or kevlar (thats what the red is). No decals. The process takes hours and is not a 3m sticker application.

And in you post you say you are gonna mod....what are your plans?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:35 PM
[quote=ferraristyle;3548899]
Originally Posted by Das Stig
To each his own I gues But every time I see someone add carbon fiber to a car it just reminds me of big giant stickers, shopping cart wings and streetglow neon lights, no matter how well its done.

In mods the important thing is if the owner likes it, and nothing more. There is always going to be someone that doesnt like whats been done.[/QUOTE
Yeah why would Porsche ever offer it as a tech option.....ricers......and macarbon......well guess they should get some extra steam for all the rice products they make...

Guess my led converversion is rice too.....maybe ill see if that HIN show is taking appljications.

FYI all of my items are either macarbon, porsche or wrapped in actual carbon or kevlar (thats what the red is). No decals. The process takes hours and is not a 3m sticker application.

And in you post you say you are gonna mod....what are your plans?
Wow you sound so mad, U mad?

Havent seen your LED conversion...but unless you went with something that looks stupid I wouldnt call that rice...

Doesnt matter if Porsche offers it as an option or not, IMO CF looks like crap, especially when done to an already beautiful car, it cheapens it. But like we both said....to each his own. If you like it then there is no reason to get all butthurt that I think it looks like something a teenager would do to impress the girls at school.

As far as my mod plans go im not really sure where I want to go at the moment (thats why im here, to look around at others and see what I like/dislike). As it stands right now there are only a couple of things I know for sure I want to do, Get new steeringwheel buttons (mine are scratched and its an eyesore) New rims (due to being curbed on two of them) New headlights (projector style, the current setup is a lil sun worn) Nice sounding exhaust (quiet and low toned). Mostly just replacing little things that are wrong with it or imperfect. After I get all that accomplished im thinking about getting an ECU tune but wanna research that a little more first, And suspension upgrades (I hate that huge gap in the wheel wells)

Old 05-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Das Stig;3548922]
Originally Posted by ferraristyle

Wow you sound so mad, U mad?

Havent seen your LED conversion...but unless you went with something that looks stupid I wouldnt call that rice...

Doesnt matter if Porsche offers it as an option or not, IMO CF looks like crap, especially when done to an already beautiful car, it cheapens it. But like we both said....to each his own. If you like it then there is no reason to get all butthurt that I think it looks like something a teenager would do to impress the girls at school.

As far as my mod plans go im not really sure where I want to go at the moment (thats why im here, to look around at others and see what I like/dislike). As it stands right now there are only a couple of things I know for sure I want to do, Get new steeringwheel buttons (mine are scratched and its an eyesore) New rims (due to being curbed on two of them) New headlights (projector style, the current setup is a lil sun worn) Nice sounding exhaust (quiet and low toned). Mostly just replacing little things that are wrong with it or imperfect. After I get all that accomplished im thinking about getting an ECU tune but wanna research that a little more first, And suspension upgrades (I hate that huge gap in the wheel wells)
i met many people who prefer painted CF parts instead of raw (exterior). now for interior, that's the first time i ever heard that.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:12 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I like the carbon fiber look. This is a Porsche and my Porsche 911 Turbo came with carbon fiber throughout the interior. Most high end exotics and sports come come loaded with carbon fiber. If the carbon fiber is applied properly it gives the car a sporty and expensive look. The red is different but when you put the accents it will look nice. But I probably would have stayed with either red carbon fiber throughout or black carbon fiber and not both. I have owned several asian cars and have yet to own one that came with carbon fiber so I'm not sure what most of the people on here are talking about? Obviously you are going with the sporty look. Please post pictures of the finished product.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:57 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Not feeling the red C/F and feel that it would look better if all the CF matched.... but this is just my opinion... if you like it that's all that matters... haters gonna hate... but your the one driving it everyday.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i have the grab handles and the mirror surrounds as well.

i like that red restricted to the trim. i put wood there but like you have a fair bit of CF.

do your roof grab handles - i got them OEM and they are a nice touch.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Cordachine is infamous around these parts
To each their own, but I vote no on the red CF. I'm not aginst CF in some applications, but not to the extent you have applied it.

But, it's your truck so do what you will...

Old 06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
FormulaMatt is infamous around these parts
Love the look of the regular. Mixed on the other. Like you said, would need to see it in person.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Got more parts coming this week. The gauge pod cover, engine cover, painted the gauge benzels red and the armrest cover carboned and leathered with red stitch. Also did the door handle exterior inserts, headlight washer covers, and rear bumper step trim. Will update with pictures later this week

Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
Style,
Is it all going to be red or are you leaving some black? Sorry for the stupid question but it looks mixed. I don't necessarily dig the black/red mixed but one color would look cool. As my mom the artist says "for the tastes were made the colors" as long as you like it it's cool.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Mix of both. The bridge over the steering wheel will be red to keep the border theme. The gauge benzels are painted to match the red carbon. All the rest will be black, includung the gaugepod, steering wheel cover and wlkthe vent trim. The armrest will be black carbon with a custom logo, red stiching and leather. Next will me black mats with red trim to complete the look. Red sestbelts by the end of summer.

The reason it looks off is there isn't enough red to pick it up. by the end of summer the interior will be done. hopefully ill have more pics tomorrow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fibered My Interior Please Comment