Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Carbon Fibered My Interior Please Comment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 PM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
Carbon Fibered My Interior Please Comment

So I've started modding the inside of the car. So far I have CF all of the trim, wheel, shifter, and various other pieces.

I went with red carbon fiber for the interior trim as I will be switching the seatbelts and face gauges to red shortly. I wanted it to jump out which it definatly does. Also replaced the well lighting with red LED's.

I'm currently doing the armrest which will match the wheel, leather on the sides, carbon in the middle with a red stich.

On the exterior will be carbon mirrors, door handle inserts, and rear bumper sill plate. The engine cover is also going to be custom carboned.

Let me know what you think.

Attached Images      
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
Some more.

Attached Images      

Last edited by ferraristyle; 05-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Impressive quality work.. I'm guessing you're somewhat experienced at this?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I like the traditional black CF looks. Not a fan of any sorts of "colored" CF looks.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
+1 for black CF, -100 for the wood colored CF.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:11 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
Agree with the above. Dig the regular CF but not loving the red. Are you actually doing all of this work? or are you buying trim pieces already made to fit.
If you are making all of it's it is impressive work.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:34 AM
I have a guy doing the work for me. I'll ask him if he wants me to post his name up. He's wrapping everything in real carbin fiber over original pieces.

The red looks much better in person. As i said after i add the red seatbelts, face gauges, and custom mats (black with red piping) everything will go together. Plus the red breaks things up where you really wouldn't notice the black.

The center console Should be about another month or so. Going to do the gauges this weekend and mats are in order. Seat belts will be done end of June.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by enilder
i like the traditional black cf looks. Not a fan of any sorts of "colored" cf looks.
+1...

Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
I like it.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
X5X
X5X is infamous around these parts
Love it! Whats the total cost so far if you don't mind me asking?

Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ferraristyle
I have a guy doing the work for me. I'll ask him if he wants me to post his name up. He's wrapping everything in real carbin fiber over original pieces.

The red looks much better in person. As i said after i add the red seatbelts, face gauges, and custom mats (black with red piping) everything will go together. Plus the red breaks things up where you really wouldn't notice the black.

The center console Should be about another month or so. Going to do the gauges this weekend and mats are in order. Seat belts will be done end of June.
Although it is difficult to see the quality of the work (and I am sure that it's great in person), I'd steer away from it. I am so used to seeing these "colored" CFs in many riced out cars so I am against it. I am sure that there are many(?) cars out there with these "colored" CF pieces that look great but this is my 2cents since you asked for comments.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
It has it own unique look. To me it's a little to much CF. You lost that Porsche premium look. I'm sure it's really nice in person.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Too much CF and the red is an absolute no go!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Never-Enough is infamous around these partsNever-Enough is infamous around these parts
Lookin' good! Nice car!

If you, or anyone else, is looking for carbon fiber work please shoot me a PM.
http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s437/carbonfiber2/
http://s1120.photobucket.com/profile/g3Composites

Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
Too busy for me, but don't let my opinion stop you from enjoying your Cayenne.

Last edited by BobbySpeed; 05-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fibered My Interior Please Comment