Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

DRL Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cawhale
BTW I figured our the bulbs that I want to replace:

D1S, H3, W5W

W5W (LED) for sidemarker and inside headlights.

Fabulous! Sorry about the delayed resonse. Caught with work. Here are the bulbs I used for my sidemarker. http://www.uniqueautodepot.com/Front...4-ba-13255.htm

Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 PM
cawhale is infamous around these parts
Why don't you get a on/off relay like what you did on prius? That would eliminate the 10 minutes turn off. Btw, I found out the fuse #8 and #9 are fuel injection and psm, need to be cautious, also the piggy fuse is supposed to be used for 10A max.

I am rewiring using your instructions. They are extremely easy to follow! Thanks for the info again. Now I am thinking if I should get a on/off relay.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 AM
fullmetaljacket is infamous around these parts
Im waiting for this to ship and in about 7 days...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-...#ht_3470wt_991

You basically hook it up to the DRLs and connect the other ends to the positive jumper terminal in the engine compartment and ground and the DRLs power on and off automatically. Ill let you know if they work. I hope they do.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Relay-Harness-Auto-Control-On-Off-Switch-Universal-/360394205189?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Make%3APorsche&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e92b2805#h t_3470wt_991

You basically hook it up to the DRLs and connect the other ends to the positive jumper terminal in the engine compartment and ground and the DRLs power on and off automatically. Ill let you know if they work. I hope they do.
Please do keep me posted if this product works. Thanks!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bansasn
Please do keep me posted if this product works. Thanks!
I have this on/off relay on my Boxster DRLs and it works like a charm. I'm about to wire up the Cayenne next week

Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by slant83
I have this on/off relay on my Boxster DRLs and it works like a charm. I'm about to wire up the Cayenne next week
Fabulous! Please post some images how you come about installing to the Cayenne. It doesn't have to be in details, but just the important steps. A picture is a thousand words. Thank you.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Relay-Harness-Auto-Control-On-Off-Switch-Universal-/360394205189?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Make%3APorsche&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e92b2805#h t_3470wt_991

I installed them but doesn't not turn off

Old 08-13-2012, 09:58 AM
slant83 and cawhale, do you have exactly the same type of DRL Siwtch?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-...376e30&vxp=mtr

it seems that one worked and the other did not :-( I'm assuming you connected to the correct terminals right? Do they accept returns/exchange perhaps? I hope they do.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Yes same one and same seller. I connected positive to jump-start terminal and negative to body ground.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by cawhale
Yes same one and same seller. I connected positive to jump-start terminal and negative to body ground.
Just got mine from the mail a while ago. My DRLs have not arrived yet so i would not know if mine works or not. I hope i will have better luck.

Cawhale - have you informed your seller? You should get a refund or a Replacement.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Already contacted seller, not solution yet, still waiting for final decision.

Hope yours will work! It's frustrating when it's not working, DRL is required in Canada, I have to turn on headlights all the time

Old 08-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Maybe you can try connecting the DRLs system directly to the battery under the seat. OR try to install it on your other vehicles to make sure if its the DRLs switch or the Cayenne who is at fault. Just a suggestion tk narrow down the negative factors.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Im planning on modifying this part of the front grille specifically the 2nd slot so that the DRL will look more OEM. Planning to have paint putty, do a sanding job and repainting it. Can you remove this front grille without removing the whole front bumper?? I dont want to trigger the airbag as well meddling with the front bumper. Any ideas? Or do I just pry off and pop outthis grille? Tried to pop it out but thereare clips at the back which are not accessible.

Name:  Aug_19_2012_803.jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  46.9 KB

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 08-19-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:45 AM
silverbullet69 is infamous around these parts
I always pull the airbag fuses before playing around with bumpers havent done it on the PIG yet but a quick search should show you the way, btw drls look good.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes you can just pull out the grills only. I always do that easily. Just pull with appropriate force.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRL Installed