Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

??? Who's willing to take a chance on this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
s4treg is infamous around these parts
??? Who's willing to take a chance on this?

I know the saying, if it's to good to be true, then it must be. Well, this Cayenne would fit that description. Listed for $24k ?!?!?!?!? It's local to me, I feel like I want to contact this buyer and see what's up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...7#full-history

What do all of you think?

Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Always worth a look if you're close by. Being priced $15-20k below market value is, of course, very suspicious, but I've gotten legitimate good deals before.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by XR4Tim
Always worth a look if you're close by. Being priced $15-20k below market value is, of course, very suspicious, but I've gotten legitimate good deals before.
I sent a request to see the car in person (seeing as I'm local), and asked if they would allow a PPI.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM
X5X
X5X is infamous around these parts
looks good! Check if its not a salvaged vehicle, and didn't all GTS' come with leather dashboards?

Old 06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
garukun is infamous around these parts
good luck on this! Hope it's legit

Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
There's no way it's legit. It's a scam.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I saw an ad earlier this year for a Ford F-250 diesel pickup truck for a similarly low price. The "seller" gave me a sob story over email about being divorced and needing cash quickly. I pressed further for more details, and I kept getting he same story. I asked to see the vehicle in person and I was told it was in Indianapolis waiting to be shipped to the winning bidder. I then mentioned that I was going to be in Indianapolis on business and I'd like to stop by and see it in person. All communication stopped at that point.

If it sounds too good to be true... then it's too good to be true...

Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I just noticed that it is supposedly in Westminster, CO. That's only 20 minutes from me. If anybody would like me to go and have a look at it, I'd be happy to do so!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
what a steal...if this is legit, it is a one hell of a deal!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
I just noticed that it is supposedly in Westminster, CO. That's only 20 minutes from me. If anybody would like me to go and have a look at it, I'd be happy to do so!
Yup. I already reached out to see if I can view it... we'll see. I already have two...I'll add another for this price!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM
DennisC., you are spot on. Here's the response guys. Now all of a sudden the car isn't in Colorado it's in CA.

Hi,
My name is Richard Adelman. I am the owner of it. The overall condition is good. I would like to tell you that I have lowered the price because I had a higher offer but I waited 2 weeks for a guy to get a loan approved and apparently he got declined and I just wasted my time. The car is located in Richmond, CA.
The shipping is paid within 1300 miles range by the previous buyer. If the distance between us is higher we could split the charges.
I just moved to California with my family and I'm trying to sell it to a serious owner who could takes care of it.
I will need a zip code to check exactly if we have to pay something in plus for the shipping.
We could use escrow.com to handle our transaction. I will give you 5 days or 10 days to inspect it in order to decide if you wish to keep it or not.

Now that I explained you the situation tell me what would you like to know about it ? Also if you are prepared to buy it and have the funds available I can explain more about the process because I don't want to waste more time doing this.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
TenaciousT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by s4treg
DennisC., you are spot on. Here's the response guys. Now all of a sudden the car isn't in Colorado it's in CA.

Hi,
My name is Richard Adelman. I am the owner of it. The overall condition is good. I would like to tell you that I have lowered the price because I had a higher offer but I waited 2 weeks for a guy to get a loan approved and apparently he got declined and I just wasted my time. The car is located in Richmond, CA.
The shipping is paid within 1300 miles range by the previous buyer. If the distance between us is higher we could split the charges.
I just moved to California with my family and I'm trying to sell it to a serious owner who could takes care of it.
I will need a zip code to check exactly if we have to pay something in plus for the shipping.
We could use escrow.com to handle our transaction. I will give you 5 days or 10 days to inspect it in order to decide if you wish to keep it or not.

Now that I explained you the situation tell me what would you like to know about it ? Also if you are prepared to buy it and have the funds available I can explain more about the process because I don't want to waste more time doing this.
I would go ahead and play with him a little bit. These scammers need to be hung

Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Camp is infamous around these parts
The ebay ad is down now. Someone must have flagged it.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by TenaciousT
I would go ahead and play with him a little bit. These scammers need to be hung
Something like this...

Hi Richard,

My name is Russ and work with the FBI on cross state internet fraud. We'll have someone from the local regional office swing by to check it out, we're interested in the vehicle for under cover operations. Please send your address and number. Thanks!

Although I wouldn't want to get myself in trouble impersonating an officer.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4treg
Something like this...

Hi Richard,

My name is Russ and work with the FBI on cross state internet fraud. We'll have someone from the local regional office swing by to check it out, we're interested in the vehicle for under cover operations. Please send your address and number. Thanks!

Although I wouldn't want to get myself in trouble impersonating an officer.
I Loled.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ??? Who's willing to take a chance on this?