Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thinking about Getting a Cayenne S...few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
SPIVY is infamous around these parts
Range is Nice, but slow. Im really liking the idea of the Cayenne.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:35 PM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
Especially how you can make the Cayenne look aftermarket

Old 06-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally posted by SPIVY
Range is Nice, but slow. Im really liking the idea of the Cayenne.
I like the idea too...too bad the reality is so different in city driving....

Old 06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally posted by jamy85
The only problem is the lag. But that is fixed as soon as you turn off PSM
Just got back from a 100 mile drive, mostly through NY in traffic..on the way to the LIE...more traffic...tried every possible thing to get rid of lag...no luck...the CS feels almost demonic, cutting off fuel left and right, tons of dead spots, really undriveable....sick sick sick....

ok. had to get that off my chest.

I want to bring it to the dealer and hand him the keys and be done with it.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:29 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
wow, you are so fed up with the cayenne that you want to hand down the keys and be done with it?
Well, let me ask you this then. How much are you willing to let it go for? i have 2 friends who are perhaps interested contingent on price and option.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by controlit
Just got back from a 100 mile drive, mostly through NY in traffic..on the way to the LIE...more traffic...tried every possible thing to get rid of lag...no luck...the CS feels almost demonic, cutting off fuel left and right, tons of dead spots, really undriveable....sick sick sick....

Wow, that sucks...I have an 04 and haven't experienced any of the lag stuff. Hmm, I wonder if I'm driving it right? Maybe not hard enough?

Old 06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I have no lag whatsoever you are complaining. You really should try to drive my car.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
You just have to know your car, I agree the shifting pattern could be better, it goes to 6th gear at 40mph,lol, so you dont know if youre gonna do a 1/4,1/2 or full throttle to get it to 3rd or 4th gear in traffic which sucks. But I know my car and exactly know how much throttle i need now. I wonder if AISIN did the electronics on the trasmission, maybe not, i dont see this issue on my Lexus.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
Have you ever considered upgrading to an aftermarket ECU. This seems your only choice now to minimize the lag issue.

Originally posted by controlit

Old 06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Administrator
Interesting idea Jamy, maybe I should talk to them to see how they think it might help.

Again, without traffic, it is much better..

Do you guys know how it cuts back on fuel in a turn? This is how it is acting in traffic with aggressive driving changing lanes, etc.

It is an 05 S and pretty loaded...I think it listed at very close to $70K..

Hopefully I can test drive and A8L and decide if that is the car for me. IF so, bye bye Cayenne.

I wish I could drive one (your's Deetz) in NYC traffic and see if it is ok.

I will be talking to the dealer to see what I can do, once and for all...

Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
controlit: I've been to NYC a couple times with those traffic, it really never give me any problem, I drive my car hard too...

Old 06-14-2005, 05:19 PM
boston 7777 is infamous around these parts
i almost bought a used Cayenne Turbo at the auction last week..for 58k...thats a steal.. 32k miles and it was an 2004. I got out bid by 2 grand

Old 06-14-2005, 07:48 PM
SPIVY is infamous around these parts
What auction was it at? Adesso? Manhiem? i would buy it at 58-60

Old 06-14-2005, 08:46 PM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
Thats a deal for a Cayenne Turbo, how do you guys go to this auctions in MA. I have always wanted to go

Edie Im going to go to Boston this friday and I will be staying for 2 weeks are you going to be there/ goling to any auctions?

Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Administrator
Originally posted by alex911s
You just have to know your car, I agree the shifting pattern could be better, it goes to 6th gear at 40mph,lol, so you dont know if youre gonna do a 1/4,1/2 or full throttle to get it to 3rd or 4th gear in traffic which sucks. But I know my car and exactly know how much throttle i need now. I wonder if AISIN did the electronics on the trasmission, maybe not, i dont see this issue on my Lexus.
I wish it were a matter of 'knowing my car'...it is not just a lag either...it is the constant and continuing of intervention and a refusal to allow me to control throttle inputs...

In other words...it is a stubborn *****...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Getting a Cayenne S...few questions