Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Passenger Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:04 PM
TOats99377 is infamous around these parts
Angry Passenger Side Mirror

So, the Cayenne has been in our possession for two weeks and I do most of the driving. We only use the car on the weekend. The Mr. is a little bit afraid of the car's power, so I do all the highway driving, which is pretty much all we do.

All weekend, I was behind the wheel, navigating the NY highways. And then the unthinkable happens. We got off on the wrong exit and I refuse to drive in the Bronx in a section with the above ground train. I give the Mr. the keys. We didn't get ten blocks before BOOM, he HIT A PARKED CAR! Luckily, it was only the passenger side mirror and the owner of the car he hit was very nice. We retrieved the mirror housing, but the mirror is shattered (those are his 7 years of bad luck). Any ideas of where we can purchase a replacement.

He is now stripped of his driving privileges and it's back to driving the car to and from our parking garage.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
ugh.. sorry to hear that. There a few places other than a dealer that you can try to source a replacement for lower cost. However, finding a replacement that is the right color, with the right options will be a challenge if you want to replace it in a timely manner.

First of all, it looks like you did not specific model year. Secondly, there seems to be a few options on the mirrors. Like memory, courtesy lamp, and auto dimmable - there might be more options.

Be careful, with something like this it can be easy to get something that looks like it should work and then find out that it doesn't for some overlooked reason. For this reason it can be easier to just get the VIN and go to the dealer and get an exact replacement. Suncoastparts.com is a dealer in Florida that typically gives the lowest price on OEM parts.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:46 AM
TOats99377 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
ugh.. sorry to hear that. There a few places other than a dealer that you can try to source a replacement for lower cost. However, finding a replacement that is the right color, with the right options will be a challenge if you want to replace it in a timely manner.

First of all, it looks like you did not specific model year. Secondly, there seems to be a few options on the mirrors. Like memory, courtesy lamp, and auto dimmable - there might be more options.

Be careful, with something like this it can be easy to get something that looks like it should work and then find out that it doesn't for some overlooked reason. For this reason it can be easier to just get the VIN and go to the dealer and get an exact replacement. Suncoastparts.com is a dealer in Florida that typically gives the lowest price on OEM parts.
Hi:

Thanks for your response.

Actually, the glass shattered, but the housing is in tact. We're still able to move the mirror, what's left of it anyway. I think all we need is the glass.

It's a 2006 Titanium. I'm going to call Suncoast today.

Thanks!

Torri