Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Repair issues and Porsche Approved Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Repair issues and Porsche Approved Warranty

Hi,

I have taken a 2 year warranty extension from Porsche (Porsche Approved Warranty) on my 2008 GTS (only 40K km/25K miles) and now when the control arms are starting to make noise (Squeaking and thumping sound from front suspension when going over speed bumps and when braking at low speed), the dealer is claiming that it is not covered under warranty. Is it normal that the control arms fail after such low milage? The same goes for the rear hatch hydraulics (hatch doesn't stay up) and one of the two tone horns has failed.

Can this really be right? Are these parts not covered by the Porsche Approved Warranty? If that's the case I might as well have an indy do the job and supply the parts as it is not covered anyways!

Please share your thoughts/experience.

Cheers

Joe

Last edited by Mr. C4; 08-29-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Is the dealer denying your claim for the hydraulics and horn too? Or just the control arms?

I'm not sure on the lifespan of the bushings in the control arms but in general yes, bushings aren't covered under most extended warranties as they're considered a wearable component. I'd read the actual warranty though and see what it actually says is covered. You should also contact PCNA and express your displeasure at them failing and they might cut you some sort of deal to replace them. It can't hurt to try!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Is the dealer denying your claim for the hydraulics and horn too? Or just the control arms?

I'm not sure on the lifespan of the bushings in the control arms but in general yes, bushings aren't covered under most extended warranties as they're considered a wearable component. I'd read the actual warranty though and see what it actually says is covered. You should also contact PCNA and express your displeasure at them failing and they might cut you some sort of deal to replace them. It can't hurt to try!
..what he said...I did have my TPMS replaced under PCNA extended warranty however

Old 09-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Yupp, according to the dealer none of the failures (control arms, hydraulics, horn, stuck tipronic button) are covered under warranty.

Originally Posted by teflon_jones

Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
from looking at this, suspension is covered under porsche cpo warranty. i would not consider control arm as a wear and tear item (tire, wiper blade, brake pads)

http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedu...oved/warranty/

i don't know if horn or hatch shocks are consider body or electrical but those definition can be defined by porsche's parts catalog. a parts department can tell you which system these items are under.

i would go to another dealer. if they also deny coverage, show them any paperwork on warranty you have.

based on this, i would never buy porsche cpo. it'd make more sense to buy a 3rd party warranty instead.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 AM
The dealer has now agreed to do the horn under warranty but claim that the rear hatch shocks and stuck tiptronic switch is not covered..............

Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM
snzuloz is infamous around these parts
I had the hatch struts covered on 3rd party warranty. As far as these aftermarket warranties go I believe they are a joke! They might say its covered only to find out they MIGHT pay partial if anything at all. The dealers want no part of dealing with the companies do your forced to pay in advance and then go after your money, just my experience...

Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by snzuloz
I had the hatch struts covered on 3rd party warranty. As far as these aftermarket warranties go I believe they are a joke! They might say its covered only to find out they MIGHT pay partial if anything at all. The dealers want no part of dealing with the companies do your forced to pay in advance and then go after your money, just my experience...
The warranty in question is not 3rd party but Porsche's CPO warranty.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 PM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
There are different levels of CPO coverage. Be sure to look at your warranty paperwork to see what's covered. Coverage limits in Kuwait may be different than in the US. Hatch struts are not really supposed to be covered, but I have replaced them under CPO before. Horns should be covered. Tiptronic switch should be covered unless it was physically broken or something got spilled on it. Control arms are a grey area, but Porsche does not specifically exclude them from the suspension coverage.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:08 PM
jguanciale is infamous around these parts
Have CPO on 2008 Cayenne S...leaking control arm was covered under warranty...

Old 09-05-2012, 06:36 PM
dimf is infamous around these parts
local dealer covered horn and replaced keys under warranty... but we fought over gas cap which they won't admit to be defective.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Car is back, turned out the control arms were OK and a swaybar rubber needed a bit of lubrication and cleaning. Horn changed under warranty but had to pay for the hatch shocks.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:37 AM
crowland is infamous around these parts
Its pathetic to see all dealers aren't the same on the CPO coverage and screw folks over. I had mine in for an unrelated issue and they replaced the hatch shocks without me even asking as part of their normal inspection process. I'd fight to get some reimbursement back for that.

In my experience every single request I have had for replacement was taken care of under CPO, this includes trim pieces, A/C control *****, the rear window shades, headunit radio buttons, etc. These were clearly "usage" related items that were replaced, versus a component failures/flaw.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by crowland
Its pathetic to see all dealers aren't the same on the CPO coverage and screw folks over. I had mine in for an unrelated issue and they replaced the hatch shocks without me even asking as part of their normal inspection process. I'd fight to get some reimbursement back for that.

In my experience every single request I have had for replacement was taken care of under CPO, this includes trim pieces, A/C control *****, the rear window shades, headunit radio buttons, etc. These were clearly "usage" related items that were replaced, versus a component failures/flaw.
I agree! How difficult can it be to have a universal stance on warranty issues and parts covered!?