Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Foot Brake is stuck/ wont release

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:31 AM
111GTS is infamous around these parts
Foot Brake is stuck/ wont release

My 09 GTS foot brake seems stuck. Stepping on the foot brake only drives the lever deeper. Anyone know if there's a release mechanism for it? Good thing this happened when I was just about to leave my condo..

It's a Friday night, and my local service centre doesnt open until Tuesday. (Long weekend here in Vancouver)

Any help is appreciated!

Old 09-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Greg B is infamous around these parts
This is a Cayenne problem that can be fixed at a dealer. But until then, drive slowly while stomping the foot brake pedal and then pulling the release. It will release after a few tries (at least for me). Then don't set the brake again until you get it fixed. Once the dealer dealt with it, it has not reoccured.

Hope this gets you going.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks.. I have been stomping on the foot brake and it seems to have been pushed all the way in. There's no more room for me to press the foot brake. I guess il just have to wait for my service centre to open on tuesday

Old 09-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
When you release with the release bar, try to pull the foot break pedal back with your hand or foot. I have a similar issue where the foot brake doesn't come up all the way. I was told that the it costs 100~200 dollars to replace the cylinder. I didn't see the need of it since I don't use it at all (or very rarely).

Or if you can't get it back out, try to pull the release bar and "push" the foot brake. That did a trick for me.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the tip. I finally got it. Had to hold the pull lever and used my other hand to yank the foot brake back and forth.

New problem though, now when driving the foot brake warning light would randomly go off..