Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ski Bag Retrofit DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Ski Bag Retrofit DIY

My 05 CTT did not have the ski bag and I wanted one so I tried to figure out if I could retrofit one in. I found I could. Cole gave me a lead on one from a wrecker in Denver so I bought it and had it shipped up.
I had the seat back sitting in my living room and just looking at it and prodding and prying. Turns out the ski bag is easy to remove. The plastic side piece between the two seats comes off, then in the armrest hole the trim around the ski bag comes off starting at the top. Then there is 4 tabs that need to be pushed on the sides of the bag housing itself and it pops right out. Now on the existing seat w/o the bag remove the same side piece and the plastic plate in the back of the armrest hole. Now comes the leap of faith. I saw the part that was in place in leu of the ski bag. Looks like it would pop out easily, but wow the carpet was glued on and I could not feel the seam as it was filled with glue. Out came the drill and I drilled a 1/2" hole in each corner and used a hack saw blade to cut out the plate.

Attached Images      
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Now for the fun part. I used a very sharp chisel to separate the carpet from the frame of the ski bag hole cover. Note that the chisel is oriented so that it will want to dig into the plastic. If you have it the other way you will put a hole in the carpet. Carefully chisel the carpet from the plastic. You can see the frame plastic that has been chiseled from the carpet in pic 2. Some of the plastic stayed stuck to the carpet and I used a very sharp knife to slowly separate the last bits of plastic. All the plastic needs to be removed so the ski bag clicks into place. Cut excess carpet back, & put it together.

Attached Images     
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Ski bag clicked in and trim installed. Now just need to clean everything up.

Attached Images   
Old 10-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
good job - now some snow!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
s4treg is infamous around these parts
Nice work!