Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

bad gas mileage, bad MPG, High fuel consumption

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 AM
gbratk is infamous around these parts
bad gas mileage, bad MPG, High fuel consumption

Hello,

I have Cayenne S 2004 and I can get better then 11MPG. They said that is nothing wrong with the car, but I know that this is not normal. I drive it really carefully and on hwy i don't go over 85mph, and I can get better MPG.

I think it's worse in hwy then town driving, which is really strange. But the PCM show me average 16mpg, which is way way off.

Can someone help me with this problem

Thank you

Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Are you on the stock size tires and wheels?

If not, did you change the computer setting to match the new size?

Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Cole
Are you on the stock size tires and wheels?

If not, did you change the computer setting to match the new size?

I have 21'' summer tires and 19'' winter tires, before with 21'' and now with 19'' I get the same mpg.

I didn't change tires in computer. I read something about these, but I don't find that menu for tire changing in my car.

Can you give me some more instructions please?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Have you checked your mileage the old-fashioned way instead of going by the computer? I find them to be a bit off sometimes.

FWIW, my 2004 CS gets roughly 13 mpg in the city and 19 mpg on the highway (according to the computer).

Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I always checking in the old-fashion way, this is 100 % sure, cot computer is way way off.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Reset the trip computer to zero. Use old-fashion way to calculate the fuel consumption is always more precise.

My last tank: 50% driving on the fwy, 50% in the city. 1/4 fuel left, done 388km. 19.3L/100km = 12.2MPG

The computer says my history(accumulated) fuel consumption is 26L/100KM, that equals to 9MPG.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Like I said, I always using in the old-fashion way for calculating consumption. I reset trip computer 1000km ago and I have now 15l/100km, but actual is 22l/100km.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Try resetting the computer a couple of times back to back and watch what it does. Wanna see what 40mpg looks like in a CTT? lol!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM
fromserenity is infamous around these parts
Around 20 litres per 100km, or 400-500km per tank, sounds about right to me.

I filled up mine today with 85 litres after 450km. That's around 19 litres per 100km of normal driving in winter conditions.

My car is a 957TT with around 115tkm. My previous 955TT with more than 200tkm was a whole lot thirstier.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
One has to pay for pure joy of driving this thing.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
I couldn't have said it better myself!

It never stops to amaze me, that some people are concerned about the consumption of these cars. They are heavy, powerful and four-wheel drive and run on strong jungle juice. How on Earth would it ever be economical?

Like a dear friend of mine used to say: "It's always a bit more expensive to travel in the first class."

I only wish the tank was double the size...

Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Once I change car with my friend who has the same cayenne S like me, and with his car with the same kind of driving I get 15l/100km, and he get 23l/100km with my car and he was pretty upset!
And now in winter days I easily get 35l/100km.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Well, maybe you are right! 35l/100km is quite a lot even for an old ish Cayenne, especially if you drive really carefully. I'm sorry, I have no idea what it could be, other than the setup might be a bit off

Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't write here, coz I want to make economical car from cayenne, which we all know, that is not. And if I would want economical car I would never buy cayenne at first place. But I love that car at all ways, and I enjoy every minute of driving.

The thing is, that I always want to have car 100% perfect, and this consumption bothers me coz I know that something is not right.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ciaka
+2.

Yeah, somebody explain to me the reason they bought a Porsche? Was it because of the fuel economy?

That being said - I'm not sure what to look at if you suspect something. I can't even think of where to start looking. I hate when things change like this, and nothing shows up.

You know when things are different. We just can't always show the proof we need to back us up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bad gas mileage, bad MPG, High fuel consumption