Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

In the Market for GTS or Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aspenone
thanks for the imput really appreciate all that everyone has said Keep it coming im not complaining LOL
Get the CTT/S - I have yet to see a person regret getting the CTT/S over the GTS, but there are a few who went from a GTS to a CTT/S. For some reason, some newcomers think that "turbo" means more maintenance or more expense, which is not the case. The CTT/S is just as reliable as the naturally -aspirated GTS.

Also, I have the Pano-roof with "zero" squeaks since I have owned it. I love this feature. The best features hands down is the air suspension with its variable comfort modes and ride heights. Next is PDCC since it removes the majority of the body roll. Then the responsive power of the CTTS drivetrain defys that is a boosted V8.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
aspenone is infamous around these partsaspenone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by digitaljok
In terms of ride, I have never been in a GTS, but my 09 CTTS is smoother on 21"s than my old 03 X5 with sport package was on steel springs and 18"s. Sport button firms up the damping noticeably.

I got the pano roof squeak too, but it was fixed under warranty. Mine is tinted with a metallic 35% film, which effectively keeps the car comfortable even here in Southern California.

Speaking of warranties, the original 4yr/50,000 mi warranty just expired yesterday on the car. I never buy extended warranties of any kind, but thank God for CPO, IMHO a must for this car! It has had at least $7k worth of work done under factory warranty in the last 9 months, mostly due to a pesky PDCC problem that just won't go away.

Here's a shot of the car stock, in loading level:
Attachment 193910

Good luck with your search, and if you see another CTTS going for $54k again, jump on it (after getting it CPO'd)!
Thanks for the insight as far as the car I missed it wasnt CPO'd they said because of the high mileage and I looked further into it. It needed tires,brakes and 60k Maint done thats why they were asking 54k, as far as thats concerned it didnt scare me because I do most of all my own work. But new to this car not sure if that is a big price ticket and if im askind for trouble getting a car that hasnt been CPO'd but rather just taken care of but out of warranty

Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Get the CTT/S - I have yet to see a person regret getting the CTT/S over the GTS, but there are a few who went from a GTS to a CTT/S. For some reason, some newcomers think that "turbo" means more maintenance or more expense, which is not the case. The CTT/S is just as reliable as the naturally -aspirated GTS.

Also, I have the Pano-roof with "zero" squeaks since I have owned it. I love this feature. The best features hands down is the air suspension with its variable comfort modes and ride heights. Next is PDCC since it removes the majority of the body roll. Then the responsive power of the CTTS drivetrain defys that is a boosted V8.
OK good to know thank you for the advice BTW very nice car you have there

Old 12-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Do you guys think that most new trade in's will be showing up this month and next month? Im having a hard time trying to find a Turbo-s like the one I missed out on. Do you guys think that was a fluke at that price? most seem to be in the 60's

Old 12-15-2012, 10:35 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
GTS, manual tranny gets my vote

Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM
s4treg is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pcst
GTS, manual tranny gets my vote
Thumbs Up!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:56 PM
rbb1991 is infamous around these parts
Aspenone,

IMHO it boils down to what YOU want. The GTS seems to be a great vehicle to carve up the twisties, especially if it is a manual. The Turbo platform allows you to add some bolt on mods with a tune and increase the horsepower up to almost 700!!. I love my 08 Turbo with pano, pdcc, and other options that I bought recently. I plan on modding it to boost the power at least 640 and it won't take me breaking the bank to do so. With this, I'll get the performance of putting a TPC turbo kit on my Boxster S for a fraction of the cost. $4k versus $10K+. Deals are out there. Be patient and you'll find the one.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the advice man really appreciate the imput

Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey guys I've located a few turbo-s. found one in particular but it has a larger brake setup states
PCCB Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Are these very expensive to maintain? Should just stick with the regular brake setups. Any advice is much appreciated

Old 01-04-2013, 08:38 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
My 08 GTS is for sale. Rare full leather and no pano roof

Email me if you are interested...

n.tramontin@gmail.com

Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Nick@AutoTalent
My 08 GTS is for sale. Rare full leather and no pano roof

Email me if you are interested...

n.tramontin@gmail.com
Hey Nick appreciate it man but I just recently picked up an 09 TTS couldnt pass up the deal they gave me for the trade or the price of it.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 AM
JD305 is infamous around these parts
Great thread because I think most guys here that have earlier year Cayenne's are looking to upgrade...but the fear of the higher cost of maintenance of a turbo versus the normally aspirated GTS is one of the top concerns.

I purchased a CPO 2008 CS last year ... but now looking to upgrade ... so I'm looking for a Gray or Silver 2009 GTS (no Pano roof - I live in Miami ) ... something CPO or with current warranty that can be extended.

My thoughts are these aluminum bock V8 engines are awesome...but what is their life expectancy with twin turbo's that are tuned up? Heat and pressure can destroy any engine over the years. I have yet to find an engine comparison from someone that has an old CTT ... just to see how their engine and turbos are doing?

I'm sure everyone around here hammers the hell out of their pigs when driving them ... I know I like the sound of this 6000 pound SUV racing down the highway... so we can safely say everyone around here really puts the pedal down on their Cayennes and on these engines.

Maintenance cost's definitely being higher on the Turbo

Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Great thread - I have an 05CTT and have been looking for months for a 09CTT in PacNW to upgrade to. Love it.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man

there are some of us who did - dumped my CTT with PDCC after 6 months - it was boring and uninvolved imo - got a GTS - never looked back

Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Cool.. share your insight why did you choose to dump it?

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
there are some of us who did - dumped my CTT with PDCC after 6 months - it was boring and uninvolved imo - got a GTS - never looked back

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: In the Market for GTS or Turbo