Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

In the Market for GTS or Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
aspenone is infamous around these partsaspenone is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up In the Market for GTS or Turbo

Hi all recently im looking at trading in my 06 Range Rover Sport SC luckily *knock on a lot of wood* its been good to me since I maintain it but Ive been searching the forums and have always been a fan of the Cayenne GTS and Turbo S. Ive been looking into getting either a GTS or a Turbo s, now obvivously I understand the difference of the two. But can somone shed some light on what years to look for which ones were better then others? I missed out on a 09 Turbo S it had 57k miles on it they were only asking 54k for it. I wouldnt mind finding a fully loaded GTS with pano roof. Also the reason im going with a Turbo S vs just reg turbo it seems it comes with all the options im looking for. I thank you guys in advance for any help and guidence with my search.https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es/redface.gif

Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 PM
USAF CRO is infamous around these parts
I'd recommend an 08' turbo without the pano roof. There maybe others on the forum that have had no issues, but it seems the pano roof has various issues from anoying rattles to expensive repairs where the regular sun roof is relatively maintenance free.

The other roof consideration for roofs is extra storage capacity afforded by various roof racks that create added wind noise on a pano roof.

Lastly, the pano roof is tinted but not insulated. In Vegas, the heat transfer through the roof is significant.

Values/prices vary, but the difference between theTT S and TT is such a slight margin of power that the extra cost can be hard to justify especially if you consider that a quality tune averages $1600 and erases the power difference completely.

For reference, we own 2xTTs and couldn't be happier. I am adding the leistung power kit and softronic tune to my daily driver to increase the HP/TQ rating to over 600 ea. I paid 34k for my 08' back in may. It had a few extra miles and wasn't certified but had lots of options.

Happy Holidays and best of luck in your search.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I saw my friend's ex 09 Turbo S at Carlsen Porsche with all the mods in it.. knowing him everything is topnotch..
The mods
Power:
EVOMSit Software
EVO Intake Kit
Cargraphic Exhaust
Cargraphic Bypass pipes
RSS Plenum
(630hp)

Aero & Wheels
Cargraphic Front
Cargraphic Side Skirts
Cargraphic Rear
HRE MonoBlok Wheels

it's this one , not sure if its still there.. call my friend Gary Quibelan 4086554947. he's the Manager there.. we bought all our cars from him..

Old 12-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Thumbs up

USAF CRO

Thanks for all the advice I had no idea about the problems with the Pano roof but it does make sense now that you tell me about it. I test drove a GTS with one and it was making sounds, the salesman said whatever it is we will fix it. I understand what your saying also about the tune I own a turbo car now so i have experience with it. It seems your happier with the turbo vs the GTS obvisouly for more power. thanks again for all the advice

alex911s thanks man love the color I checked there website doesnt look like its listed there thank you though

Any other opinions are welcome I really appreciate this guys

Last edited by aspenone; 12-08-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I've had both.

Get the Turbo. The GTS is not a vehicle that's comfortable for long commutes nor if you have small kids with a baby seat. The ride is definitely a lot stiffer on less then perfect roads. If you want to have a little fun in the Turbo, you can adjust the suspension setting via the PASM center console.

I would do 2009 or newer. The older PCM is very dated and I believe from 2009 on, you get the touchscreen PCM with the updated maps and minimally updated center console and dash.

I had the panorama roof. Everyone has the same squeaking problem and there was a fix on it on this website if you do a search. It takes 5 minutes and its not the THOUSANDS people are talking about on here. What it basically is, there are plastic angular pieces (next to the rubber seals) near the sunroof visor in open position. When it starts to wear and morph, it starts touching the actual metal part of the body and thats what causes the squeaking. Put some double sided foam tape underneath it and the squeaks magically disappear $2 later.

Best of luck to you.

Frank

Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey Frank thanks for the insight man, I was looking at 2009 for the options that you mentioned. So are you saying between the GTS and turbo the ride is different ? and room for kids is different? good to know. The pan roof fix sounds a lot easier then most have said the only concern I would have which was said before is it not be insulated and if it gets real hot in the summer like heat beating down on you?

Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
The ride is very different.

The GTS is 40mm lower (not sure the exact measurement), uses a different rebound rate, and its gearing is setup different too. It just is a very aggressive, in your face SUV. The ride is very different. You would have to drive both vehicles to feel it, especially over less then nice roads.

I should of been more clear; I was saying if you have little kids/wife/gf...they will stop riding with in the GTS. My girlfriend after a road trip, would not ride in the GTS. She flat out refused. The turbo is a more comfortable cruiser, the GTS is your SUV race car.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow ok good to know frank thanks man deff puts it into perspective

Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Anyone else that feels the need to chime in you are welcome to

Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
The air suspension is a must have. and it will lower just fine. at 74 mph it automatically lowers. i swear at approximately 140 mph it lowers again even more. it can be adjusted for aggressive handling or comfort.

the turbo is far more versatile and much faster; besides the turbo can be tuned--which i recommend.

Last edited by gr8ful; 12-08-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by gr8ful
The air suspension is a must have. and it will lower just fine. at 74 mph it automatically lowers. i swear at approximately 140 mph it lowers again even more. it can be adjusted for aggressive handling or comfort.

the turbo is far more versatile and much faster; besides the turbo can be tuned--which i recommend.
haha at 140mph ehh lol..... Ok but both the GTS and the Turbo have the air suspension correct? are you saying that the GTS lowers more then the Turbo?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
dimf is infamous around these parts
IMHO, the GTS ride is firm, but not that bad, especially when driven in Comfort mode and 18" - 20" wheels. We took my 09 GTS for a 2500 km roadtrip to Vancouver on 22"s and I never felt it was too firm. I current use my 18" winter set and it was alright, even with the icy/bumpy road in our city. Having said that - I also agree that the Turbo offer a softer ride.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM
thanks for the imput really appreciate all that everyone has said Keep it coming im not complaining LOL

Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
digitaljok is infamous around these parts
In terms of ride, I have never been in a GTS, but my 09 CTTS is smoother on 21"s than my old 03 X5 with sport package was on steel springs and 18"s. Sport button firms up the damping noticeably.

I got the pano roof squeak too, but it was fixed under warranty. Mine is tinted with a metallic 35% film, which effectively keeps the car comfortable even here in Southern California.

Speaking of warranties, the original 4yr/50,000 mi warranty just expired yesterday on the car. I never buy extended warranties of any kind, but thank God for CPO, IMHO a must for this car! It has had at least $7k worth of work done under factory warranty in the last 9 months, mostly due to a pesky PDCC problem that just won't go away.

Here's a shot of the car stock, in loading level:
Name:  IMG_0186.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  254.3 KB

Good luck with your search, and if you see another CTTS going for $54k again, jump on it (after getting it CPO'd)!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gr8ful
i swear at approximately 140 mph it lowers again even more. it can be adjusted for aggressive handling or comfort.
You are right.. if I recall correctly, there is a "hidden" air suspension height that automatically lowers the truck even more for aerodynamics/handling at 130 mph. This is how you know it was made to do well in excess of 130 mph - silly German engineering.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: In the Market for GTS or Turbo