Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Typical Service Appointment Wait?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 AM
pgaATX is infamous around these parts
Typical Service Appointment Wait?

Is it typical to have to wait ten days for a service appointment? This is my first Porsche and I was surprised at the long wait, although my local dealer only has two Service Advisors and comparatively few bays compared to larger markets. Mine are minor warranty issues and I'm a newbie, so perhaps I get lower priority?

With my 535i, I was typically able to get in the next morning when an issue popped up.

Anyone from Central Texas on here who might chime in about their experience?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 AM
fromserenity is infamous around these parts
I have had to wait anything from two minutes to three weeks. Here in Europe it's easy to have the most crucial parts, like brakes and tyres changed immediately, whereas normal scheduled maintenance might be available in three weeks time. So it really depends on what is to be done, and where. If they make me wait for more than couple of days, I normally go to another PZ to have the thing done.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I can usually get in next day.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 PM
pgaATX is infamous around these parts
I have to give an initial thumbs-up to Roger Beasley Porsche here in Austin...though I still have to wait another week to have the issue addressed during my appointment, they gladly plugged in my car during a pop-in this afternoon to investigate the issue with SAT not appearing as a Tuner Source.

Turns out that the Satellite function is simply turned off and a hard-wired phone function (available in Europe, I guess?) is turned on. The Tech said it would be easy to switch that during my appointment. Apparently there are only two folks at this dealership who have access to the codes needed to do so and they don't work on the weekend. Odd arrangement, but I'll take what I can get.

Overall, the people at the dealership were very friendly and even offered to wash my car before leaving. I hope my future visits will be as smooth!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Same day. I think it really depends on your relationship with your advisor imo.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Porsche really needs to improve this IF THEY WANT TO SELL MORE CARS! While on the road, I found I had to wait way too long at most dealerships. Often two to three weeks.

However, I found the dealership in Ft. Wayne, Indiana exceptional. Believe it or not I just drove up and they took me in! No waiting and no appointment. It was a minor repair but a first.

Often there was a two week to one month wait to get service when I needed service much sooner than that to get back on the road. I drove more than 2,000 miles with an impaired engine with turbos hobbled this summer because of poor service and service that was not available.

I always give PCNA feedback; I hope service will improve.

Being able to get in quickly, however, has not guaranteed quality service. Porsche really needs to improve service. I found tremendous variability between dealerships. FWIW, the Boise dealership is the worst! The better ones are in Richmond, VA; Bend, OR; Salt Lake City and Anchorage.

Last edited by gr8ful; 12-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.