Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Odd rear dome light issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Question Odd rear dome light issue?

Yesterday my rear dome(cargo area) light just stayed on all day! All the other interior lights were functioning normally ( on when you open the doors, shut off after 30 seconds or with the key on)

The rear dome light would just stay on no matter what

I can disable all of the interior lights with the switch on the overhead console and the rear dome will go out, but as soon as I put them back to normal operation the rear dome just stays on by itself all the time

I pulled the rear panel down and checked the connector and made sure it did not have its own switch (doesn't )

Ideas?

2004 CTT.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Somewhere there is a switch that senses when the rear hatch is open. Your switch (or the wiring going to it) is kaput. It thinks your hatch is open all the time. My WAG is the switch is in the latch assembly.. but since I haven't looked for it, that's a guess. Lets see if I can find it on the Porsche parts system..

Nope. Didn't see it so I'm guessing it's part of the latch assembly. Older cars used to have simple plunger type switches for the doors and hatches - newer cars have gotten more complex and I suspect this is the case here.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wouldn't my mfd show the rear hatch as open though?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cole
Wouldn't my mfd show the rear hatch as open though?
Only if they share the same switch.. (and since it's a German car that seems to love complexity, it might well have a separate switch for the MFD warning.)